the thing that sticks out in my mind most in the last 24 hours

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cracked ass:

2.I agree with those speculating that there were some heroics OR something else going on regarding the flight that crashed in PA. That was obviously not the terrorists' target. I find the deep rural character of where it went down though to be a bit suspicious in the sense that it could have been shot down by US military - that's where they'd do it if they were going to. I'm not sure I disapprove of that policy either, as horrific as it sounds - if they knew several planes had already been commandeered and used as bombs at high profile targets, they had to believe that the terrorists had control of the aircraft and were planning to hit another big target, so shooting it down over a deserted area keeps the casualties as low as was possible. Nobody on that plane had a chance (except to overpower the hijackers).

very suspicious indeed.

if you look at the sequence of events carefully, you will notice that by the time the fourth plane was taken over, there were fighter jets already in the air and patrolling airspace. Then you take a look at the eye witness accounts and the 911 call from the plane and you will see that before crashing, there was an unexplained explosion on the plane and then it went down. My opinion since it happened is that it was shot down. All we need is for someone to tell us "yes we did". It would make great sense taking it out where they did, but are they going to admit they just killed innocent people to save a greater number? Thats where it gets tricky.

The thing that sticks out in my mind the most so far is the amount of planning they took to do this and the fact that tactically, it went 95% according to plan. So far they've figured out that at least one of the pilots has been training in the US for about a year. So that puts the planning at AT LEAST 1 year. We're probably talking about 2 to 3 years of serious planning. Don't get me wrong here but I'm just thinking logically but, this was an ingenious fuckin plan. Who ever thought this up is one tactical mother fucker. "There is a fine line between genious and madness". And whether this is genious or madness is completely up to you.

The fact that they actually pulled it off is absolutely fucking flabbergastting. I'm completely numb.

And if you want to get into numbers... if you take the averages you've got 4 people per plane, unknown amounts on the ground, as well as the higher ranks of this group... you're talking at least 20 people. They've intercepted cell phone conversations from the terrorists saying things like "Target 1 hit, move on to target 2".. "target 2 hit, plan running smooth, move to target 3"...

And you never know, they might have been doing the same thing they did when they bombed WTC the first time. Stand in jersey and watch the towers fall. The first time they didn't get to see it because it didn't happen, and they were probably pissed. But this time it did.

[This message has been edited by bigpoppa.k (edited 09-12-2001).]

i posted this in another thread, but it looks to be sinking on the board (too little too late):

i kept saying i wasnt going to continue this post... hell, i keep saying i am going to quit reading this board, but here are my thoughts:

i believe it is possible to understand without condoning. i mean, try and understand why this happened. i live in a world that created these terrorist, so am i not too responsible for these attacks? i think it is about time that humans take responsibility for the products of the world they have created. i mean, i dont believe i can wholy empathize with anyone, but i try and think what it would be like to be in these situations... i feel sympaty for the citizens of the country that produced these terrorist. the pearl harbor refrences SCARE the shit out of me, knowing the tragedy that asians faced after that incident... i feel sympathy with anyone with an "alternative view," knowing the consequences of post-WWII action. imagine what these people were thinking... we created them. do you think hitler thought he was wrong? honestly. i try to consider myself wholy a pacifist in most situations but i really could give no alternative to world war 2 or other tragedies. they made our world what it is today, and that happens to be the most certain/real/perfect world in which we live. get off this good/evil trip and realize it has never been "either/or," but has always been "both/and." people are capable of the most horrendous things, but at the same time, the most caring. believe me, i view what happened yesterday as inexcusable. this is hardly an american tragedy, but a human civilization tragedy. but, at the same time so many more things are possible today than were yesterday.

"let this acceptance take." shakespere in henry V.

the revolution just got televised.

and, in addition: civilian losses acceptable? i can not believe that was even said.

the thing that sticks out the most in my mind is the fact that my father could have died if he werent on the east side of the pentagon trouble shooting. he is a telephone tech. i honestly feel for every one that has lost their life or lost somebody in this ordeal. i have never felt the loss of any close relative before and yesterday was light being gutted from the inside out, from the look on my mothers face to the look of my co-workers as they gave me support for the safety of my father, even though he is safe i feel for his coworkers his friends that i talked to partied with went to a bar with even though i was only 18. my dad hasnt heard anything from his co-workers at all. so at this moment he is just sitting and waiting for a call back to work,or if he is just going onto the feild elsewhere...it is really fucked up that people could do this at all..i'll let you know if i find out more info on the pentagon and the blue line and pentagon mall

Originally posted by maskoner:

i posted this in another thread, but it looks to be sinking on the board (too little too late):

i kept saying i wasnt going to continue this post... hell, i keep saying i am going to quit reading this board, but here are my thoughts:

i believe it is possible to understand without condoning. i mean, try and understand why this happened. i live in a world that created these terrorist, so am i not too responsible for these attacks? i think it is about time that humans take responsibility for the products of the world they have created. i mean, i dont believe i can wholy empathize with anyone, but i try and think what it would be like to be in these situations... i feel sympaty for the citizens of the country that produced these terrorist. the pearl harbor refrences SCARE the shit out of me, knowing the tragedy that asians faced after that incident... i feel sympathy with anyone with an "alternative view," knowing the consequences of post-WWII action. imagine what these people were thinking... we created them. do you think hitler thought he was wrong? honestly. i try to consider myself wholy a pacifist in most situations but i really could give no alternative to world war 2 or other tragedies. they made our world what it is today, and that happens to be the most certain/real/perfect world in which we live. get off this good/evil trip and realize it has never been "either/or," but has always been "both/and." people are capable of the most horrendous things, but at the same time, the most caring. believe me, i view what happened yesterday as inexcusable. this is hardly an american tragedy, but a human civilization tragedy. but, at the same time so many more things are possible today than were yesterday.

"let this acceptance take." shakespere in henry V.

the revolution just got televised.

and, in addition: civilian losses acceptable? i can not believe that was even said.

perfect.

Guest Ginger Bread Man
Originally posted by fr8oholic:

how do you retaliate against a suicide bomber whose crowned a martyr by his beliefs in killing you? more death?

pure genious

Originally posted by beardo:

and the other thing that sticks out is that just 12 hours earlier i finished reading 'ishmael' a truely eye opening book about our relationship with mother earth.

that is a really good book.

i am hunted by the images of people falling from the buildings. it is a fucked up world.

rip to all that have died and to all that risked and lost there lives to help others.

Originally posted by embalmwon:

it is sad because some people have to deal wi8th things like this every day

we talked about this in my english class this morning. about how the reaction of many people to this is anger. and then we talked about the anger these people had in them against the us to follow through with something like this. and now that the illusion of security has disappeared here, war torn countries look at us now and can say now you know how it feels, now you know what it is like to live in an atmosphere of fear.

we also talked about how the new paradigm in terrorism is to kill as many innocents as possible rather than military and to not claim responisbility for it. it's more terrifying. i think no matter how angry you are, don't fuck with people who aren't involved. i guess whoever did it would justify it as all americans are involved and part of the problem somehow, but fuck that. somebody just trying to get by was working a 9-5 and got blown to shit because of it. some rescue worker got crushed trying to save somebody. that's fucked. bah, i don't know. fuck it all.

smoke em if ya got em, i think the world is ending.

Guest WebsterUno

you know what runs through MY HEAD:

I get to work, everyone is trippin,

Im thinking about my relatives in the

military. Then I get a call at 1:30,

my aunt died of cancer at 9:00am yesterday.

I was the first one to get the call, I had

to notify all my relatives. I had to leave work.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'> Do you know how that feels? My cuzz

lost his mom, he was a writer too,

but hes a marine right now, hes on full-on-alert,

ready to defend all of you, and he gets a

call saying his mom is dead, plus the

complications of funeral arrangements…

Yesterday was a truly sad day for my family,

and its only getting worse… http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

Originally posted by cmeup:

ive heard, and yall stated that it was supposively done using box cutters? god that pisses me off. i hope the people on the planes tried fighting back if all they had was knives. ibtease

fuckdaworld<~

I think that is why the plane in PA crashed where it did. Not to take anything away from any of the other victims, the people on that plane that somehow managed to divert that plane from it's intended target are heroes. How many more lives would have been lost if they had crashed into yet another building?

Guest bastard ideals..........?

my sister lives two blocks away form the towers and basically watched everything from her window. she is doing fine, physically, but is pretty distraught. i don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. i don' really think retaliation (war) is the answer. the people who commited the unspeakable acts will be brought to justcie, but an all out war on yet aother innocent(in majority)country is not what we need right now. i don't know about you guys, but i don't want to end up a world war 3 vet. we do need to raise security and really look at our foreign relations, but i don't think an all out war is the answer. (maybe im wrong)

oh yeah, beardo, ismael is one hell of a book, the sequel, my ismael is also a good read. anyways, condolences to those lost who've lost their lives. my thoughts are with you.

Originally posted by Mr.LonelyHeart:

alright, I've heard this here before...it sounds cool, but it has nothing to do with what happened. if that was revolution, who's revolting? fuck, people...

man, look at monday... look at tuesday... completely different possibilities. every day the world is evolving... but this time, for 24 hrs, there were no TV ads, no planes in the sky... people woke up for those 12 hours... that is revolution. every day is revolution. wake up.

Archived