I NEED HELP WITH CAR AUDIO

Guest -MOE LESTER-

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i have a pair of cheap 350w tens that my friend give me and they thump nice

what else do i need?

my boy says i need wires (what kind, how much?)

and an amp...what kind of wattage you reccomend?

do i need a capacitator? my car battery usualy runs around 14-18v...should i just buy a new battery instead of capacitator?

help a nigga out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-

all you need is a 150 watt amp to charge a 350wattt subs??

rockford was the reccomended brand though..any idea where i can buy them

Guest -MOE LESTER-

what kind of amp should i get tho, you guys said 150 and small i thought i needed a 400watter...any good reccomendations im on a budget

my boy knows how to wire the shit up

those 350 watt speakers are prolly the peak rating, you need to know the RMS, thats why they are recomending the 150 watt amp, you also are going to need a box incase you dont have one (thats pretty obvious duh) but other than that you need some rca wires, some speaker wire, power wire, ground wire, and remote wire, rockford makes wire packages that include the power, ground, and remote for about 40 bucks, you can get the package that includes everything for like i think 60, i recomend to get just the ground and power with the remote wire package, and then get the rcas and speaker wire from wal mart as your not banging much wattage and the extra money will be a waste

check out

www.crutchfield.com

www.sounddomain.com

for all your car audio needs

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i own an old nissan hatchback bucket and 10s will knoc...12 is over kill

what wattage amp should i get? is 400watts cool??

whats an installation kit cus i see them all over the car audio section in bestbuy

Moe,

If you only have one 10, then a 400 amp is enough. go to best buy or some big store like that. you dont seem to know much about systems, so stay at Best Buy or Wal Mart for amps. they sell pretty good shit at good prices for people in your situation. I myself have two 10s Kenwood and a 1800 watt Kenwood amp that hits hard as fuck because they were both made exactly for one another, I got a competition system. Actually, I suggest you sell it off ebay, amps and installation will be a minimum of $100, not worth it cause it wont hit hard at all and would also most likely require you to change your headset or get an euqalizer cause the treble would be covered by bass, that might suck and cost more $$. systems are no joke kid, a wack system is worse than no system.

its up to you though, anything else, just ask cause Ive been around.

Tease,

a 10 can hit as hard as a 12 anyday. and probably cleaner too. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have two 12s, and highe watt amps, but Id probably go deaf and my windows would all crack or some shit.

oh shit, wait.

2 10s in a custom box is nto gonan get shit out of a 400 watt amp, better make it at least a 600 watt amp. depends on your budget, amke it also a Lanza amp for better performance.

oh and make sure the subs work by getting them tested at any car ausio store or best buy or whatever for free using any charm you have, if not they might charge you to test the subs. it would suck dick if the subs dont work once the amp is installed, ive seen it happen.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

so i should probably get an 800 watt amp because i need more than 350 to each channel?? i got two subs each one is 350 i think...i dont even kno haha

everyone has to realize that his shit is 350 watts each sub, not both subs. I dont think so at least, it doesnt seem that realistic that a 10 sub would only be 175 watts. thats just too gay. trust me, the 350 watt each sub peak performance can get louder and hit harder than you would imagine, but it all depends on other shit like the amp, the headset, and the way the car moves bass and music around. keep your back seats lowered all the time when your system is on.

shit Tease, you have two 12s and a 1000+ watt amp in your car and you live in a Texas suburb somewhere? thats some wigger shit!!

all i hear is rambling, rambling, rambling...

moe...

1. get yourself a nice cheap amp

something like a 2-channel amp

that puts out 150watts a channel or so

it will make bass and wont break your wallet

2. get yourself the amp wiring kit

from best buy or circuit city or walmart or auto zone, pep boys even

again this wont be the best of components but it will do the job

3. hook it all up and have fun until the subs fall apart

simple as that.

sidenote:

to the people talking about 10s vs. 12s