finance, fuck, privacy

Chicken George

1. i hear alot of talk on how the government plans on getting the money to tighten up security and do all the shit they need to do to get things resolved. my answer is...take 60% of the money from the war on drugs which is losing..and put it to the war against terrorist and do some good with it.

2. i live near a military base. so if we do have a war, well fuck there goes my town. the businesses here thrive on the military as far as sales go. the military makes up a LARGE ammount of the people who buy from the businesses here, so when theres a war they all leave, thus the businesses have no business and the town and most of its people are fucked.

3.all you people whining about wah wah our privacy will be taken away blah blah blah wah they might see me sending graffiti pictures over the internet. shut the fuck up. nothing they will do is gonna effect you that much...unless your hobby is sneaking bombs on planes nothing will really change in your life. when they talk about the internet and monitoring it...im pretty sure graffiti isnt on any of there minds..im sure they dont give a fuck.....i think the US has bigger problems to worry about then graff. so stop whining about that shit. when they put down 5 pm curfews and take away your drivers license you can whine.

just my thoughts.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Chicken George:

3.all you people whining about wah wah our privacy will be taken away blah blah blah wah they might see me sending graffiti pictures over the internet. shut the fuck up. nothing they will do is gonna effect you that much...unless your hobby is sneaking bombs on planes nothing will really change in your life. when they talk about the internet and monitoring it...im pretty sure graffiti isnt on any of there minds..im sure they dont give a fuck.....i think the US has bigger problems to worry about then graff. so stop whining about that shit. when they put down 5 pm curfews and take away your drivers license you can whine.

so you are so narrow minded as to assume that my only issue with govt. intervention into my liberties concerns grafitti? how about my right to bear arms? my right to freely assemble? my right to speak my mind freely without fear of intervention or MONITORING by the government I put in power? My right to simply get away with all the things I get away with on a daily basis? some minor speeding infraction? a mis-step in line at the post office? looking funny? where do you stop the infringement upon rights I already had, but gave up in the mistaken idea that it would somehow protect me... you want protection, buy a gun, wear a vest and work at home...

------------------

2 Can Sam

you guys keep starting threads on loss of privacy.

...it simply isn't there in

the first place...from the government or anyone

else, be it your neighbour or someone half way

across the planet....and intelligence gathering agencies

of canada and us have surely already done so to

hundreds of thousands of citizens.....choose to

believe otherwise, but thats just being ignorant.

privacy barely exists on the internet right now....fact.

i say 'barely', becuz our privacy is really up to anyone

but us....in terms of who would want to peep, and who

will peep and their motives to do so....

pgp encryption is the only secure way to transfer

information over the internet. that tidbit comes straight

from the guy who invented it and is employed by the NSA.

so....its not a matter of IF it can be done...

its a matter of WHEN, HOW MUCH, and

who has the motivation to do so.

you think they are going to tell us????????????

also; securing the internet will prove to be a

massively complex task....the internet

is a very huge grey area...........i'm betting that

any sort of monitoring that will be put

in place(in addition to what is already there)

won't be something that the government

will tell us about becuz it will most likely be

a direct violation of our civil liberties.

whattya gonna do....

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 09-13-2001).]

Originally posted by Smart:

how about my right to bear arms? my right to freely assemble? my right to speak my mind freely without fear of intervention or MONITORING by the government I put in power? My right to simply get away with all the things I get away with on a daily basis? some minor speeding infraction?

i think we could do without the right to bear arms. also, you do not have the "right to get away with things." if it is something illegal that you are trying to get away with, that is not and should not be a right.

Originally posted by KASTsystem:

i think we could do without the right to bear arms. also, you do not have the "right to get away with things." if it is something illegal that you are trying to get away with, that is not and should not be a right.

i think we could go without guns,but it is your right to have them.

Originally posted by *see-phore*:

i think we could go without guns,but it is your right to have them.

i understand that it is our right to bear arms.

the point of my comment was that we i don't believe we should have the right to bear arms. it is an unnecessary and harmful right.

Originally posted by Chicken George:

2. i live near a military base. so if we do have a war, well fuck there goes my town. the businesses here thrive on the military as far as sales go. the military makes up a LARGE ammount of the people who buy from the businesses here, so when theres a war they all leave, thus the businesses have no business and the town and most of its people are fucked.

just my thoughts.

dude dont worry to hard, people in the military got plenty of family that will spend the money while the troops are away. plus unless you live near a large rapid depoliable unit the military in your town will most likely be there... when the country goes to war it would be just flat out bad logistics to take the entire armed forces. even a whole base wouldnt clear out they would just send 1/3 of their troops so they ar capible of rotating them out... a tired and woren out soldier isnt a very good fighter, they can only stay over there so long before they switch them out.... so your town will survive, and shit you got all the daughters and girlfrind to play with...

Archived