Graff on DVD?

STYLEISKING

Well it wasn't supposed to be anything like that. it was a history lesson. i think it says that in the title. The History Of San Francisco Graffiti. told by writers made by writers.

It is what it is, and now the history of our scene is around the world.

But uh, hate all you want i'm not going to bother criticizing your criticism cause most of it is flat out wrong maybe you didn't understand since you couldn't even grasp the bare reason for the film.

:D

I get the reason for the film. You tried to condense 30 years of history into 75 minutes, and sprinkled it with some half baked pro-graffiti sentiments. Like I said before, for what it was trying to do, it was poorly made. This is my opinion, this is a message board.

Now call me a "hater" again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha, keep listening to your city officials. ^ The locals like it and most of the world for that matter and thats all that matters.

Zap is a really cool cat man we painted a wall out in Berlin before we saw the film then we where like oh shit that was you hahah. Krown Jewels is sick.

on another note that run-up dvd is pretty interesting.

some segments much better then others.

• 1 month later...

One of the best documentaries about graff-related artist I have ever seen is out on DVD, called

INSIDE OUTSIDE

insideoutside_front.jpg

See preview trailer here, click Inside Outside top left corner:

http://rosforth.com/

Inside Outside

With just one spot of red paint between the eyes the Parisian artist ZEVS, executes the advertising industry's images of perfect humans. 'People don't think about the force of advertising,' says Zevs and continues, 'But with just one psst I remove the force. No one wants to be identified with a dead person so advertising looses its effect'. ZEVS calls his action 'Visual Attack', and he has executed billboards worth millions around Paris. At the same time, ZEVS is a respected artist who exhibits all around the world. "Inside Outside" follows ZEVS and other so-called street artists from New York, Stockholm, Copenhagen and São Paulo. They all make a living off their art, but they also have an urge to exhibit their work illegally in the streets.

INSIDE OUTSIDE is a film about the energy artists get when working in the street. An energy they're missing when exhibiting in galleries and museums, an energy that brings life to their art and to their own lives.

It´s an energy that's partly caused by the fact that everything these artists do in the street is illegal; "Anything that gives you security is eventually going to restrict you at some point", says Swoon about the art galleries.

The artists featured in INSIDE OUTSIDE all face some kind of dilemma with the restrictions and norms of the society they live in, the forces of the commercial art world and the advertising industry who are looking for the next big thing and want to have their bite of the energy and coolness that the street art scene is brimming with.

Meet among others:

ZEVS / Paris

SWOON / KR / EARSNOT/ New York City

OS GEMEOS / PIGMEUS/ São Paulo

ADAMS & ITSO / Stockholm, Copenhagen

RON ENGLISH / Jersey City

As a bonus it features an interview with Steve Mona, Chief of the NYC Vandal Squad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
this movie wasn't that good.

let a friend by it and then watch it.

actually, the only good thing about this movie was:

2005_carlitos_way_rise_to_power_015.jpg

Jaclyn DeSantis

i saw bomb the system last night, i thought it was terrible... it was far from being realistic in any way..... i think the quality of life was much better

Where do you guys download your graff movies, you guys use a bittorrent or just a p2p?

in theory you should buy them if you want to watch them,

download the bigger movies from the bigger studios and keep the little guys financial.

they go to considerable effort to make thse pics so you can part with a few bucks.

even if one of your crew buys it and ten you rip it amongst yourselves at least they sold one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
in theory you should buy them if you want to watch them,

download the bigger movies from the bigger studios and keep the little guys financial.

they go to considerable effort to make thse pics so you can part with a few bucks.

even if one of your crew buys it and ten you rip it amongst yourselves at least they sold one.

You are right, Ive only downloaded pure hate it was good, it is worth buying the movies. Ive seen quality of life, thats pretty good shitty ending worth the purchase, Piece by piece is very dope, and so is Infamy. I just bought the inside outside dvd looks well put together, Ill let you guys know how it is soon as I can!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Graffiti%20Verite%204.gif

The ultimate Primer / Tutorial and Step-by- Step Program on Spray Can Art. Most popular amongst Educators, the series has given outsiders a rare glimpse into the outstanding Art and eclectic personalities behind the controversial Graffiti Art Movement. In GV4, Cleveland, Ohio Artist SANO (two-time winner of The International Graffiti Art Competition) pulls you into the Underground Art form by showing the concepts, aesthetics, techniques, and style needed to complete a perfect semi " Wild Style " masterpiece (on a Legal Wall) as well as Aerosol Art on Canvas. GV4 is a "must-have-Video" for Art Instructors, Art Students, Galleries, Museums, Libraries and Educational Institutions who’ve been bewildered at Spray Can Technique. As a "unique lesson plan," no other program exists in the marketplace of ideas that can compare to the inspiration, skill and intelligence of GV4. STARRING: SANO DIRECTOR: BOB BRYAN PRODUCED BY: BRYAN WORLD PRODUCTIONS, LLC. RELEASE DATE: MAY 24, 2005. Running time is 68 minutes.

I bought this and I am still a toy. WTF?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived