Graff on DVD?

STYLEISKING

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

favorite graff dvd

I just watched fuk graf. vol one. It was alright, nothing special, just standard bombing, but still a cool video to watch if ya bored...

heres the link to the full movie (47 mins)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3996903299526395674&sourceid=zeitgeist

Just saw graff life 3 again. it was on point just for the fishe stuff alone.....props to gl...

One of the best documentaries about graff-related artist I have ever seen is out on DVD, called

INSIDE OUTSIDE

insideoutside_front.jpg

See preview trailer here, click Inside Outside top left corner:

http://rosforth.com/

Inside Outside

With just one spot of red paint between the eyes the Parisian artist ZEVS, executes the advertising industry's images of perfect humans. 'People don't think about the force of advertising,' says Zevs and continues, 'But with just one psst I remove the force. No one wants to be identified with a dead person so advertising looses its effect'. ZEVS calls his action 'Visual Attack', and he has executed billboards worth millions around Paris. At the same time, ZEVS is a respected artist who exhibits all around the world. "Inside Outside" follows ZEVS and other so-called street artists from New York, Stockholm, Copenhagen and São Paulo. They all make a living off their art, but they also have an urge to exhibit their work illegally in the streets.

INSIDE OUTSIDE is a film about the energy artists get when working in the street. An energy they're missing when exhibiting in galleries and museums, an energy that brings life to their art and to their own lives.

It´s an energy that's partly caused by the fact that everything these artists do in the street is illegal; "Anything that gives you security is eventually going to restrict you at some point", says Swoon about the art galleries.

The artists featured in INSIDE OUTSIDE all face some kind of dilemma with the restrictions and norms of the society they live in, the forces of the commercial art world and the advertising industry who are looking for the next big thing and want to have their bite of the energy and coolness that the street art scene is brimming with.

Meet among others:

ZEVS / Paris

SWOON / KR / EARSNOT/ New York City

OS GEMEOS / PIGMEUS/ São Paulo

ADAMS & ITSO / Stockholm, Copenhagen

RON ENGLISH / Jersey City

As a bonus it features an interview with Steve Mona, Chief of the NYC Vandal Squad

keep hearing this is out on dvd but i haven't been able to find it anywhere. ive only seen a bootleg version with no subtitles, which was pretty good, but the adams and itso and the sao paulo stuff is what i was most interested in and i dont speak danish or portuguese. does europe or anyone know where i can get a hold of the dvd???

anyone know anything about state your name 2's release?

state your name 2 isnt going to be released due to those good old vandal squad pigs.. as far as i know the syn office was raided and shut down- but like i said thats as far as i know and who knows if its accurate...

-what a shame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

73ed2m9.jpg

REASONABLE PEOPLE

75 Mins + 30 mins bonus material

Only metro!

Amsterdam

Barcelona

Bucharest

Budapest

Lille

London

Madrid

Melbourne

Moscow

New York

Paris

Rotterdam

Stockholm

FEAT. CREWS:

70K.7DC.AF.AKM.AOD.ATB.BGS[...].BK.C4.CI.CIA.DSK.DSU.DTR.EI.FAME.FUNK.GLK.GRS.MB.MDT.OFF.RHB.RNB.SDK.SF.TNT.TOY.TPG.VIMOA.VS.VX.WC.WUFC.Y2K

OUT NOW!

fuckthat has attached this image:

• 2 weeks later...

If you havent seen Piece By Piece, they're gonna show it on TV on KQED.

"This is big for us folks.

check it out

Piece By Piece will premiere on KQED 9

Sunday, February 10 at 6pm as part of Truly CA,

KQED's documentary series about life in the Golden State

Piece By Piece documents the history of San Francisco’s controversial graffiti art movement. Seen through the eyes of the artists, the film explores the birth of the movement and its effects on neighborhoods, law enforcement, and the artists themselves. Chronicling over 20 years of creation and destruction, the film journeys alongside those who lived in what has been called one of the most influential youth cultures of our time."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
keep hearing this is out on dvd but i haven't been able to find it anywhere. ive only seen a bootleg version with no subtitles, which was pretty good, but the adams and itso and the sao paulo stuff is what i was most interested in and i dont speak danish or portuguese. does europe or anyone know where i can get a hold of the dvd???

you can get inside outside at grafftorrentsdotcom :lol: lots of graff vids there and reasonable people you unreasonable people jk jk

^^^ I just sat down and watched that today, with 2 other people, and all of us thought it was just tedious.

Writers trying to justify themselves over and over and over for 80 minutes straight. Yo this is what I do, because it's real. I'm creating, trying to express myself. And things of that nature.

The highlights for me was Norm doing that ridiculous roller in the extras, and Grey's funny hairstyle.

Otherwise I'm not sure what the video is trying to do. Is it trying to appeal to the general public, and help the average person understand graffiti? If that's the case, it's way too biased towards graffiti. For example, some genius writer in the movie claims that it costs almost nothing to clean graffiti, implying that city officials lie about the cost. Do the producers ever follow up that claim with anyone in public office or anyone at all? No.

Then it tries to imply that writers could be executed under propositon 21. I personally think elevating graffiti to a felony is just completely fucked, but the video was being too underhanded about it. I'm sure there are respectable liberals/progressives involved in politics that could have presented an effective argument against prop 21, but the filmmakers made it all sensationalistic instead.

Otherwise, if it's trying to appeal to people in the game, we really don't need to hear writer after writer trying to explain their anti-social behavior. We get it, we don't need an explanation.

i must say that you do make excellent points. im not quite sure what the creators were trying to do with this one, if i had to guess it would be to recreate a style wars type film but about SF. but a lot of the way they presented it did come across as pretty fuckin lame. but as a SF native i gotta remind you that you lookin at only the negative. the bombing footage and detailed storytelling of the SF graff scene is done really well, and for me parts of it did bring me back in time when SF was really crackin. so just look at the brightside on this one. but im guessin you from NY and dont give a fuck. i understand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

whats the name of this vid?? the image isnt working??

"OVER 70 MINUTES WORTH OF AUSTRALIAN SHEET METAL RESTORATION, FEATURING CREWS FROM MELBOURNE, SYDNEY, CANBERRA & ADELAIDE.

INCLUDES LIVE BOMBING AND YARD ACTION FROM MELBOURNE, THE SYDNEY UNDERGROUND AND NEW YORK CITY!"

DVD IS PRETTY GOOD,

QUITE A BIT OF ACTION (SCUM, SKEW, RUNS, SKOS ETC)

HEAPS OF PANELSS FROM ALL OVER THE SHOP!

WHOLECARS GALORE...

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS DVD AND OTHERS...

THERES MORE THEN JUST 3 TAGS WHEN THEY BOMBING INSIDES,

AND MORE THEN JUST THE ONE CARRIAGE BOMBED DOING RUNUPS!

CHECK IT!

Archived