Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
non-hetero

Ghost Town: Chernobyl.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Great site!

"With super vocals quicker than Superman can find a phone booth

The whole truth, nothin but the whole truth, I roast you

Thermonuclear vocals get hotter than Chernobyl

The double O, just abide nuclear explosions

Exposin radiation like a vulcan

I'm the only guy that knows why the Golden Eye

was stolen by five Soviet spies

They told me to lie, they dont want to hear the god spit

Chop my hands off at the armpits,

But i regenerate limbs Like Star fish, comin at you with the hard shit

Swallow my beeper and page myself so I can communicate with a dolphin

Lyrical arson, rush the planet like a million martians committin arson

Walkin the tarpits in India with snake charmlets..."

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd400/d451/d45142973f4.jpg'>

Re: Great site!

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

"With super vocals quicker than Superman can find a phone booth

The whole truth, nothin but the whole truth, I roast you

Thermonuclear vocals get hotter that in Chernobyl

The double O, just abide nuclear explosions

Exposin radiation like a vulcan

I'm the only guy that knows why the Golden Eye

was stolen by five Soviet spies

They told me to lie, they dont want to hear the god spit

Chop my hands off at the armpits,

But i regenerate limbs Like Star fish, comin at you with the hard shit

Swallow my beeper and page myself so I can communicate with a dolphin

Lyrical arson, rush the planet like a million martians committin arson

Walkin the tarpits in India with snake charmlets..."

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd400/d451/d45142973f4.jpg'>

Theo, is that Hempstead, as in Hempstead long island NY???

Re: Re: Great site!

Originally posted by iquit

Theo, is that Hempstead, as in Hempstead long island NY???

I dunno. Possibly. I do know that A+ was from somewhere around New York.

Yeah dude.... people go there to die.... the reason all those vehicles are still there is because they're contaminated beyond belief.... that place is cursed. I would be surprised if it became inhabited again during our lifetimes...

its already inhabitated dudeness. Some people have refused to leave.

Considering there is so much media attention on chernobyl, some of you are some ignorant motherfuckers

I got this photography book afew years ago. There are cool photos of iron curtain classrooms with plants growing in them and photos of lenin hanging on the walls.

3882439211.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Btw, its been said in recent articles that the number ofhealth problems caused by the radiation is highly exagerated

on a further note that woman is braver then me for exploring the dead zone at night by herself

Guest Ginger Bread Man

did anyone watch the discovery channel special on chernobyl sunday? very interesting

they were saying how the radiation sinks 1 cm per year and it is 20 cm deep at this point. the only way to truly clean up the site would be to dig 20 cm deep put the earth into sealed containers and store it. there is still enough uranium to leathaly affect 100 million people in the core of the plant. the sarcaphagos <sp> that was made as a shell over the plant was ment to last 30 years. more than 20 have passed and the plan was to later create an even large shell around the current. this construction is already 10 years late in building. more than 500,000 civilian and military personel asisted in the cleanup. 24 hours a day rain or shine.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

by the way the life of a kilogram of the waste is 280 years... that area is uninhabitable.

daily crunch from what i saw in the doc. there are no people living there.

I found this village a few years ago, I couldn't find it on my map, but the town cemetary tells the tale that, from the early 1800's, until 1986, all of the people who lived in this village were Smirnovs. It must be sectarian village, where brothers married sisters and all have the same last name. I put this village on my map and named it Smirnovka.

When I think of the song and the environment its in, that picture of the "moonlight sonata" record is awesome.

Someone should pay zoo york or a mad crew like that to rock radiation suits and skate the hell out of Chernobyl.

200 rubelf for a 2 hour tour, but the deafening silence creeped them out and they fled within 15 minutes of entering the dead zone...

not for me, and yeah nuclear power seems pretty inane when you really think of the devestation it has caused us so far.

common knowledge in the scientific community says that the earth has restarted every 2000 years or so. I wonder if after our time here is done, will there be explorers looking for gold or something and stumble upon teh radiation.

all this is too creepy for me to want to think about. i think someone should go in the dead zone and recover what they can from buildings and whatnot. unless that is something nobody there wants to even remember, which is understandable.

common knowledge in the scientific community says that the earth has restarted every 2000 years or so.

how far in your ass did you have to go to pull his one out?

Technically that site's a hoax. While the woman did explore the dead zone, apparently her husband drove her around in a car to do it and they brought along the bike for a few posed shots. But the photos are cool nonetheless.