will arcel's computer ever be the same ?

Dick Quickwood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i found some instructions on how to do it using ethernet here, it seems fairly simple except for the IP address bit, when you assign the Ip address, does it have to be a specific number, or do you just come up with one ?

it looks like the gateway is a no go, i called, and the guy said it had something like a Pentium 100 processor and a 2 GB hard drive, fuck that

I had this same problem a while back, ignored it, and it went away. Now its back, and is randomly kicking me off the net and this System 32 folder pops up like 5 times when I log on under my XP account.

Trying to follow the advice from above, hope it works

Thanks,

Kido300

i downloaded a modem driver, and that has solved the disconnecion problem, i hope. i still have no antivirus. here is an option in leiu of buying another computer: i could buy a used hard drive on ebay, and order the cds to restore it to the way it was when i first bought it, which would give me an antivirus. before i do that i want to check the pawn shops around town for a whole computer.

i don't know how to install an os without the disks. what i'm wondering is, when you plug in a second hard drive as teh slave, does that hard drive have to have an operating system on it, in order to save files to it, or will the OS on the main hard drive recognize it and shit ?

johndoe, that's basically what the cds that i was talking about are

• 2 weeks later...

Archived