Martha Stewart: GUILTY

EyeforAnEYE

Stewart convicted on all charges

Jury finds style maven, ex-broker guilty of obstructing justice and lying to investigators.

March 5, 2004: 3:32 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A jury found Martha Stewart guilty on all four counts against her in her obstruction of justice trial Friday and is expected to serve prison time.

Her ex-broker Peter Bacanovic was found guilty on four of the five charges he faced.

Martha Stewart has been found guilty on all four counts. CNNfn's Chris Huntington reports.

Play video

(Real or Windows Media)

Neither defendant appeared to show any emotion when the verdict was read, though the lead prosecutor appeared to be holding back tears of joy.

Sentencing was set for June 17.

The jury deliberated for three days after a five-week trial.

The panel of eight women and four men began deliberating Wednesday on whether Stewart and her ex-broker, Peter Bacanovic, obstructed justice and lied to the government about her sale of ImClone stock in December 2001.

Stewart, 62, was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and two counts of making false statements – charges that together carry a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

story

Marthas Statement

I am obviously distressed by the jury's verdict but I continue to take comfort in knowing that I have done nothing wrong and that I have the enduring support of my family and friends.

I will appeal the verdict and continue to fight to clear my name. I believe in the fairness of the judicial system and remain confident that I will ultimately prevail.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the words of encouragement I have received from thousands of supporters. It is your continued support that will keep me going until I am completely exonerated.

Sincerely,

Martha Stewart link

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this whole thing is a crock of shit witch hunt.

trading like this goes on a million times a day. if she wasnt 'martha stewart', no one would have looked twice.

this whole case centered around (i believe) about $4,500 worth of stock, or rather that's what she 'saved' by her 'insider' trading.

she might be a cunt and power tripping or whatever, but i like oll girl. she hangs out with jigga, and drank 40's of malt liquor, shot's of jack and ate a burrito from taco bell on conan obrien. that shit is funny.

haters = 1

insanely rich, OCD business women = 0

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

hahahaha^^^^funny shit right durr...

she wont serve time, because money talks.

did Tammy Faye do time? Like actual time?

*edit, I was referring to the post prior to seek's post.

Re: Re: Re: Martha Stewart: GUILTY

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Damn DETO you can't drive for shit.

not true, not true, i am actually a very good driver, i just choose to drive at very high rates of speed, well at least i did anyway.... ;) </span>

"I hope Ben Affleck goes Patrick Baitman and cuts J-Lo's ass off,

I hope Madonna's killed by Palestinians on webcam in front of millions

I hope Chris Palco fucks Gwenyth Paltrow and tells her what a slut she is,

I hope Kobe goes to jail for the rest of his life and Shaq fucks his wife,

I hope Mike Tyson kills Lennox Louis, but not in the ring, in his house with a knife stupid,

I hope Christopher Reeves walks again, nah matter of fact I don't,

I hope the Matrix 3 flops and Martha Stewart shanked in prison and bleeds out her box,

I hope John Travola's plane crashes into Oprah,

and Rikki Lake gets killed by a cobra,

I hope Bruce Willis butchers Ashton Kutcher and tell the world that his ex-wife's a hooker,

I hope each one of my enemies catches AIDS or cancer,

and Rosie O'Donnel mauled by a panther,

I hope her titty twitches,

I hope each one of those Sex and the City bitches winds up with viddy-skitchers

I wanna see the Hilton sisters abducted by drifters and wake up with ooze and blisters,

Just keep it in perspective,

I hope Anna Nicole Smith's tits rupture and get infected,

Help me count the losses,

Schwartzeneger elected and assassinated the first day in office"

What the fuck is this shit, she made like $60K total on this deal and gets prison time while Ken Lay and all those fuckers from Enron steal hundreds of millions of dollars from their employees and don't get shit? Seriously, show me one billionaire who HASN'T done some underhanded shit to get where s/he is. I think people just can't stand to see a self-made woman do well; it's the same thing with Rosie O'Donnel.

Martha stewart/victim of sexism.

Defend her all you want but just be damn sure

you know if it were any of you you'd be getting

twice what she gets if you stole that much in

retail... let alone corporately. If that bitch is a

victim then so am I and I expect all charges to

my name to be exsponged because I just did

what any person would have done in my situation.

Granted I'm not saying she's an evil woman,

or even really a bad person, I'm just saying

that you or I would be serving double.

FUCK CELEBRITY PERKS

Originally posted by seeking

if she wasnt 'martha stewart', no one would have looked twice.

AGREED.

I don't understand why they don't make examples out of celebrities that have caused fatal accidents. One example is Rebecca Gayheart. You may remember her as the Noxzema girl with the curly hair. She took a boy's life by hitting him with her SUV while she was on her cell phone. Since the boy came from a lower-income Hispanic family, appearently his life doesn't count.

She was only charged with a MISDEMEANOR, and paid less than $4000 in fines. Any other regular Joe can catch a felony and a $4000 fine by just painting the freeway. PATHETIC!!!

Archived