Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
When

Scremo...

Recommended Posts

my area has changed as of the past few months

same thing with one of my roommates

 

the scremo scene has taken over here

and its all i hear when im driving around

every kid is bumping some whiny ass pusscore music out of their ride

 

where did this trend come from?

a few months ago i was told

the hardcore metalcore etc. im listening to is shit

and the bands had no talent

 

but wait, add some whiny chorus into it

and lighten the tone a bit and its gold

 

i know this is a pointless rant

but i can hear my roommate

listening to a cd in the other room right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

put on some samba music and shake your booty.

 

dance around the house nude everytim he puts it on, i'm sure he'll stop playing it at auditory levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going to make my own kind of music called telephone"core"..

 

Whats with all these cores goin around? core this, core that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by CILONE/SK

What is scremo?

 

emo kids that found a guy from some hardcore band that wasn't making it and let him in the group to sing. i mean scream. i mean screamo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty much any music that is hard and metaly with evil growling 'screaming' about how she doesnt love you anymore, but then also has singy parts complaining about how she doesnt love you anymore is 'screamo'. lincoln park is an insanely generic version. thursday and cursive are a little more borderline 'cool', but still sucky IMO.

 

the problem is that some bands do it well. hopesfall, poison the well, etc. then a ton of other bands just suck.

and yes, i'm amazed at how big its gotten also.

i was just at a show in wilmington delaware, with 250 16 year old kids, all mad at something...but the thing is, they werent even mad. they were all happy and laughy, they just listened to angry music.

i kind of didnt get it.

i listen to angry music because i hate my life and theres only so much skin i can cut in order to stop the pain of the lonliness, ya know... but these kids arent cutters, they're cheerleaders and math geeks.

it's stupid.

if you're going to hate yourself, because she does, do it right, quit being a pussy.

 

seeks/this post was put out as a collection of four limited edition colored vinyl 7"s on trust kill records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SteveAustin

walk into his room, punch him and then walk out without saying a word.

Or throw boiling water on him while he is sleeping....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drop science like girls be droppin' babies,

Enough to make a nigga go cra-a-azy,

In the G-building,

Takin' all types of medicine,

Your ass thought you were better than,

Ason, I keep planets in orbit,

While I be comin' with deeper and more shit,

Enough to make and bake and shake your ass and clock and take,

Rhymes good as a tasty cake, make, this style, I'm masterin',

Niggas catchin' headaches, what, what? You need Aspirin,

This type of pain, you couldn't even kill with Midol,

Fuck around get sprayed with Lysol,

In your face like a can of mace, baby,

Is it burnin? Well, fuck, now you're learnin',

How, I don't even like your motherfuckin' profile,

Give me my fuckin' shit, (Ch-ch...plow!)

Not seen and heard, no one knows, you forget,

Niggas be quiet as kept,

Now you know nuthin', before you knew a whole fuckin' lot,

Your ass don't wanna get shot,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by seeking

thursday and cursive are a little more borderline 'cool', but still sucky IMO.

 

I wouldn't call Cursive screamo. Thursday, yes, but not Cursive.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I wouldn't call Cursive screamo. Thursday, yes, but not Cursive.....

 

 

 

i just call it bad music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by seeking

i listen to angry music because i hate my life and theres only so much skin i can cut in order to stop the pain of the lonliness, ya know... but these kids arent cutters, they're cheerleaders and math geeks.

it's stupid.

if you're going to hate yourself, because she does, do it right, quit being a pussy.

 

you're right about the cutter-core aspect of most music. fuck the kids and their self-righteous "dance parties" and zines. "fuck happy."

 

trustkill is pressing my clear/yellow/red/blue/polka dot limited edition demo outtakes from a side project of a guy that used to live down the hall from a guy in walls of jericho, pre-orders start soon, you in?

 

/i hate the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

camaaaan...

 

Screamo is the newest scene to be bastardized and put into easy to swallow caplets for 14-year olds around the country, with bands that I haven't even heard of as the leaders of this brand new movement (which actually started over a decade ago).

 

Screamo is the new label for any band that has whiny singing and the bassist screaming as an echo for what the singer had just said about his girlfriend leaving him.

 

The stuff that these crappy bands is truely emotional stuff, however, and I honestly suggest that you give it a listen.

 

Give Ethel Meserve a listen if you want something emotional... or Portraits of Past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gfreshsushi

trustkill is pressing my clear/yellow/red/blue/polka dot limited edition demo outtakes from a side project of a guy that used to live down the hall from a guy in walls of jericho, pre-orders start soon, you in?

 

haha, walls off jericho are the homies. apparently the new album is the greatest thing ever recorded....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCREAMO IS NO JOKE.

ive seriously lost like 5 friends because they started listning to this bullshit. they all turned pussy sxe emo. they renounced everything they listned to before saying that it was immature. ie death metal, grindcore, punk, hardcore, black metal.

yeah, i hate that shit.

18 visions can lick my ballsack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would one define thrice as scremo? thrice is the shit

some of scremo is decent, but alot of it is too whiny for my tastes. you cant cover up the fact that your a whiny little pussy with heavy riffs and a screaming bassist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by seeking

pretty much any music that is hard and metaly with evil growling 'screaming' about how she doesnt love you anymore, but then also has singy parts complaining about how she doesnt love you anymore is 'screamo'. lincoln park is an insanely generic version. thursday and cursive are a little more borderline 'cool', but still sucky IMO.

 

the problem is that some bands do it well. hopesfall, poison the well, etc. then a ton of other bands just suck.

and yes, i'm amazed at how big its gotten also.

i was just at a show in wilmington delaware, with 250 16 year old kids, all mad at something...but the thing is, they werent even mad. they were all happy and laughy, they just listened to angry music.

i kind of didnt get it.

i listen to angry music because i hate my life and theres only so much skin i can cut in order to stop the pain of the lonliness, ya know... but these kids arent cutters, they're cheerleaders and math geeks.

it's stupid.

if you're going to hate yourself, because she does, do it right, quit being a pussy.

 

seeks/this post was put out as a collection of four limited edition colored vinyl 7"s on trust kill records.

 

I guess I havea adifferent impression of screAmo. why is there no A in everyone's version?

 

Cursive is screamo? ptw?

 

Anyone listen to The Assistant? or Stop it!

 

I consider PTW and Thursday straight indy rock. they're not hardcore, they're too generic and redundant to be screamo. when i think of screamo I think of more jumpy bands, as in, their song structure's are all over the place....kind of, going out of their way to be different. Which sometimes I'm into, usually I'm not.

 

But, The Assistant is the greatest band that's ever existed. PTW is kinda bad. Cursive would never enter into my head regarding screamo, but they are one of the best bands ever, although slightly disappointing live.

 

What bands are you guys referring to when you say "Screamo"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...