a woman's thoughts

slave_one

original quote from devilush:

seriously slave.

sometimes i think about how it would be if i was single and having sexual relations with random guys....i know i'd be a wreck. worrying about STDs, babies, etc.

i've never been in a situation like this before so i wouldnt know how to handle it.

p.s. i kinna like another woman on 12oz that is married. i'm not married yet....not sure when but practically.

p.p.s. do you ever wonder if you were ever single again, would you be able to have game?

didn't want to overrun earmuffs' thread.

i had all kinds of things running thru my mind yesterday: longing to be single again, being alone and not having to share everything with my husband. but as i was reading earmuffs' thread and tease's as well, i just realized that i should be grateful that i'm not single anymore...

girls/chicks/women have it rough: you enjoyed having sex with a random guy, but then you have to worry about pregnancy, diseases, etcetera, etcetera...

and you know what dlush, i don't think i ever had game to begin with when i was single. i've only slept with less than 10 men in my life, half of them being one-night stands. i was never sexy...i think guys only get attracted to me b/c of my ability to relate to them...i think more like a guy than a girl.

post your thoughts on here. btw ladies, what kind of birth control works best for you?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm well..

i don't know if my comment is relevant, but, i don't really have any thoughts at this point about being single..

eventually the boyfriend and i are gonna get married, but that's when we move in together..not while living at out parents' houses.:D

I think I'd be devestated if he left me..and vice versa..Empty, i guess you'd say?

I've never been in the situation having to worry about kids or stds or any of that stuff..thank god. I've only been with one other guy and my boyfriend, which to me is already too many guys. I'm not tryin to sound like a mormon here, but i wish i had waited till i met my boyfriend, cuz i wasted a whole year of life with the piece of shit i was with.

anywho.. birth control wise, i'm on the shot, which is really fuckin me up and i'm getting off it as of april and getting on the patch. I havent had my period for almost a year now, get bad mood swings when i first get the shot every three months, and i've gained 20 pounds in about 6 months. I don't wanna be fucked up later in life when i wanna have kids either. If i had gotten pregnant now, it wouldnt be a huge issue to me, just money would be the problem..cuz you wanna try and give your children the best.

ok ok.. that's enough outta me.

hrmm..

well i'm single and i just had my baby. which i know well make it alot harder for me to be with someone, now that i have my son. but honestly i dont really care. yes, it is hard.. my son will be a week old tommorow and i'm doing twice the work to take care of him. through out my whole pregnancy i did hear alot of negativety(sp?), because i didnt have that ring on my finger. and yes some days i was very lonely. but i have no regrets, and he is the greatest gift i could ever have. the baby's father comes around every day for a couple of hours but he still has no responsibility for him. i dont really know where i'm going with this, but just letting the few girls on here know..that i'am single and i even have a baby.. and its not a fairy tale story.. but i'm happy and i'm doing just fine.

hrmm..

well i'm single and i just had my baby. which i know well make it alot harder for me to be with someone, now that i have my son. but honestly i dont really care. yes, it is hard.. my son will be a week old tommorow and i'm doing twice the work to take care of him. through out my whole pregnancy i did hear alot of negativety(sp?), because i didnt have that ring on my finger. and yes some days i was very lonely. but i have no regrets, and he is the greatest gift i could ever have. the baby's father comes around every day for a couple of hours but he still has no responsibility for him. i dont really know where i'm going with this, but just letting the few girls on here know..that i'am single and i even have a baby.. its no fairy tale story but i'm happy and i'm doing just fine.

Originally posted by »§ÜGÅR«

anywho.. birth control wise, i'm on the shot, which is really fuckin me up and i'm getting off it as of april and getting on the patch. I havent had my period for almost a year now, get bad mood swings when i first get the shot every three months, and i've gained 20 pounds in about 6 months.

i was on the shot for 2 yrs, that shit sucked i turned into a ball of fury all the time it was awful plus i gained mad weight. yuck! the patch is essentially the same thing i think, check it out.

for BC i've tried

ortho tri-cyclen (BCP) made me depressed

depo-provera (the shot) made me angry and fat

desogen (BCP) made me moody

the patch - couldn't get it to stay on

now i use a diaphragm since i'm only sexing on the weekend. it's a great regional BC method although a bit tricky, it's cheap too! i feel much better using this than a system wide medication. i like being me...

it is relevant sugar...thank you for sharing

i've heard that birth control pills mess you up, as for the shot, i was on it as well for about a year...it works great but the side effects were not so great. osteoporosis in the long run if i can recall...

may i ask what the patch is? i haven't been keeping up on the birth control out there as of late.

Originally posted by slave_one

i had all kinds of things running thru my mind yesterday: longing to be single again, being alone and not having to share everything with my husband. but as i was reading earmuffs' thread and tease's as well, i just realized that i should be grateful that i'm not single anymore...

girls/chicks/women have it rough: you enjoyed having sex with a random guy, but then you have to worry about pregnancy, diseases, etcetera, etcetera...

and you know what dlush, i don't think i ever had game to begin with when i was single. i've only slept with less than 10 men in my life, half of them being one-night stands. i was never sexy...i think guys only get attracted to me b/c of my ability to relate to them...i think more like a guy than a girl.

post your thoughts on here. btw ladies, what kind of birth control works best for you?

yay! a thread on this. i have been thinking about this as of late. but its not that i am unhappy, its just i have been thinking about how it would be if i was single. he and i were talking about this yesterday night actually (we were high). i am grateful that i am not single but at the same time, dont you just ever wonder? a cute guy gets on the bus or passes me up...i wonder if i would have game with him.

i've also slept with less then 10 guys. way less than 10. i dunno. i've never been in a serious relationship and those guys we're one night stands (funny how we are alike huh?) and no one that i cared about. i never thought i was sexy. all those guys were actually guys that i knew of and that was back when i was skating and getting to know a new city.

if i think about it now, i think it was because i can relate to them like no other random girl can. which is fine with me. if they fucked me because i am into skating and art, fine. thats a good basis i guess. i too also think more like a guy than a girl. which made me think that i wasnt sexy at all. and now i have this relationship where my hubby adores me. i couldnt want anything more. he's the first person to ever EVER make me feel sexy being me.

i'm on the pill. ortho novum 777. it works fine. i've been on it for 6 years now. ummm well. its made some physical changes on me. i've gained some pounds but i've also gained some cushioning....my boobs are huge compared to before the pill. also my ass.

i guess i shouldnt complain.

Originally posted by alure

hrmm..

well i'm single and i just had my baby. which i know well make it alot harder for me to be with someone, now that i have my son. but honestly i dont really care. yes, it is hard.. my son will be a week old tommorow and i'm doing twice the work to take care of him. through out my whole pregnancy i did hear alot of negativety(sp?), because i didnt have that ring on my finger. and yes some days i was very lonely. but i have no regrets, and he is the greatest gift i could ever have. the baby's father comes around every day for a couple of hours but he still has no responsibility for him. i dont really know where i'm going with this, but just letting the few girls on here know..that i'am single and i even have a baby.. and its not a fairy tale story.. but i'm happy and i'm doing just fine.

you're wonderful. i've sid my congrats in the night owl pages. but congrats again.

well..

all i know from what the nurse told me about the patch is that the hormones and side effects aren't as insane as the shot. You get your period regularly, but if you change the patch more then you should you're over-dosing yourself with those hormones.

It is so true tho about the shot's side effects. I am a raging bitch sometimes for no reason. I get cranky and irriatable all the time when i used to be playful and up for any kinda fun with the boyfriend. Damn ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend the shot for anyone.

I was gonna get on the pill, but i suck at remembering to take medicines. Hopefully that damn patch will stay on me and not rip my skin off when it needs to be changed. :o

www.plannedparenthood.com tells you all about the shot,pill, patch, etc.

oh and to add about being single i got out of a very tumultuous engagement in July 2003 and then went nuts being single since i wasn't used to it. it was GREAT!!! i loved not having to tell someone what i was doing when i was doing it etc. i could spend my money on whatever, i could do whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. at first i missed being alone then i realized i sleep waaay better by myself and began to develop my interests again and being me not just ube/theboy.

i'm back to dating someone regularly but i only see him on the weekends and it's great, i have time all week to myself and relax and be introspective which i need and on the weekend i get lovin and fun. i think this is great and ideal.

however the time when i had just become single made me ultra nervous and i got a battery of tests as soon as i started dating someone regularly.

i dunno i still go out and see what's out there maybe get a digit or two but never follow up, i just think it's fun.

i've been on the pill for about 11 years..

i went off last year for a few months and didn't really notice a big change as far as weight/mood/etc.

it does make my boobs slightly larger though.

it is a pain to remember.

so, i'm a serial monogamist.

i always end up in a relationship, whether i'm looking for it or not.

in the past twelve or so years, i've had five 2yearplus relationships.

shit gets too complicated.

Re: Re: a woman's thoughts

Originally posted by Devilush

ortho novum 777

I was on this one too.

Unfortunately, my body reacts strongly to the bcpills.

I went from 110 to 135 at my peak. Then i evened out to about 125.

After i dropped the 777 i lost weight like whoa. went down to about 105lbs.

I hate the yo yo effects the pill has had on me. Now i'm on Yasmin since i'm with my boyfriend and have the sex rather frequently. This is the one thats supposed to not make you gain weight, but i still gained a little. mostly in the boobs, a bit everywhere else. I would prefer the most to be like Ube and use the diaphram but I feel safer on the pill considering the frequency of my doings.

I tried the shot a few times...never again. My period ceased to exist until it arrived in a monsoon and freaked me out.

*Sugar, also consider the ring. I don't know the specifics of it but my doc said it shouldn't make women gain as much weight as the pill or have as many side effects. Somoething to consider?

As for casual sex, its just not for me. I did it once and although it was fun, i worried about the usual. I also feel better when there's a connection with the person your having sex with. It just feels right. As for being single, i love it. Some of the best times i ever had was when i was single. But once you find real good love you gotta stick with it and find a balance within yourself. Have enough time for you, your friends as well as your man.

Re: Re: Re: a woman's thoughts

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

*Sugar, also consider the ring. I don't know the specifics of it but my doc said it shouldn't make women gain as much weight as the pill or have as many side effects. Somoething to consider?

i asked about the Nuvaring it seems cool but i don't trust having a ring there and like the patch or a BCP it's a system wide birthcontrol method. i looked into it because i thought it would be like the diaphragm but twas not. i was very disappointed.

the dia. is not a good option for people who are sexin on the regular, and the guy can feel it a little bit and its sorta messy.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Like what? What sort of things do girls talk about?

boys arent supposed to know.

;)

re: relationships

i like being in one really. luckily, i have a hubby that is just wonderful to me. sure i miss out on girls night sometimes, but honestly, i can always go out with the girls. i love spending time with him even if we sit around. thats the fun part....when we like spending time without it making some kind of effort. i just enjoy his company a lot. he doest restrict me to what i do. in which people are always interested in why i do this and why i do that and what would the hubby think (i.e. wet tee shirt contest). and of course people dont understand and i dont expect them to but he never restricts me (on money, my body, my life separate from the relationship). whatever i do, its all on me and he would support the decision. and if it was something that i think would offend him, i would ask first of course. but thats rare.

we party together all the time though...ask anyone. but to me thats awesome...someone i can party with, do drugs with, talk all night into the early morning about shit, etc. we get comments from people saying that we have the strongest relationship that they have ever seen.

i smile at that comment.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

seriously, i would love to get off the pill tho.

There doesn't seem to be any non-hormonal alternatives tho!

Can't wait till that male birth control makes its debut!

I WISH!!!!

LONDON (CNN) -- The World Health Organization is hailing a new male contraceptive injection as 99 percent effective, and claims it could eventually revolutionize birth control.

Four hundred men in nine countries were given weekly injections of testosterone that reduced their sperm counts dramatically. Some levels dropped to zero.

The men reported few side effects, although some noted mood changes and acne.

The drug has not necessarily been perfected, but it gives men an alternative to traditional forms of birth control.

Scientists warn that the procedure is still in the experimental phase and will not be marketed until more tests are run. Helen Axby of the British Family Planning Center cautions that the testing could take years.

"This research has been going on for many years and still has a long way to go before it's a marketable contraceptive," she says. The drug is not expected to reach consumers for at least another five to 10 years.

Axby explains the wait by describing the imbalance in birth control research.

"The focus has certainly been on contraceptives for women. That has been the traditional way that drug companies and scientists have developed contraceptive methods," Axby says.

While the tests have been successful, WHO experts are skeptical of a pill form of the male contraceptive.

Some say the wait for the contraceptive will not be as long as the wait for men to take responsibility for their own birth control.

Others pushing for the male contraceptive think men are more than ready for another option to condoms and surgery."

Originally posted by Devilush

i love spending time with him even if we sit around. thats the fun part....when we like spending time without it making some kind of effort. i just enjoy his company a lot. he doest restrict me to what i do. in which people are always interested in why i do this and why i do that and what would the hubby think (i.e. wet tee shirt contest). and of course people dont understand and i dont expect them to but he never restricts me (on money, my body, my life separate from the relationship). whatever i do, its all on me and he would support the decision. and if it was something that i think would offend him, i would ask first of course. but thats rare.

we party together all the time though...ask anyone. but to me thats awesome...someone i can party with, do drugs with, talk all night into the early morning about shit, etc. we get comments from people saying that we have the strongest relationship that they have ever seen.

wow this is how a relationship should be! i guess i enjoy being singleish is because my last relationship was so posessive not understanding and overbearing. i think if i found a laid back person with stuff in common with me being in a serious relationship wouldn't be so non-desirable.