John Kerry, the next President of the United States

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i predict the highest voter turn out in america`s history. bush has done one thing right, gotten lazy americans to pay a little more attention to politcs and the world around them. ill vote for kerry, but he seems like an idiot and i hate people that choose the opposite views of bush just to pick up votes. have your views and stick to them. also dont water them down to appease the peopel who cant make up their damn minds. if you didnt get elected because of your views then so be it. dont play the left right and center field.

Re: Edwards officially out.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

It sure seems as though he's leaving the door open for him to accept a VP nomination. I think that would be fucking great, like others have said.

I saw something the other morning where he basically said he was open to it if Kerry asked him.

Translation...if Kerry asks...he'll accept. Just my opinion.

ok, doesn't it seem like kerry is just another republican wearing a dems clothing? i believe, although i have nothing to back this up, that republicans have been contributing to kerry's capaign just so that he will be the one who has to run against bush...i'm not sure, so don't take my word for it.

ok, second point, kerry, like bush, was a member of "the skulls", that stupid elite underground society on yales campus....alot of "important" people in politics are and were members.

i just don't know about kerry. i certainly don't like bush, but i'm very apprehensive about voting for kerry.

Goodmorning,

This is wierd but, I had a dream last night that I was down in Florida ,and out of nowhere I come upon Kerry being extremely mean to this old lady b/c she wont donate $2'000 to his campaign. Lady was all, "But Mr. I already supported you by giving my time and my ten dollars, now you can take it... or you can fuckin' leave it." And he just wouldnt let it go. The end.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Jesus christ, i'm all for Bush getting out of the way...and in that way i'd support Kerry....still

I just read his views on iraq and war on terror only to see that he is playing the card Bush laid on him.

In all seriousness, how you gonna fix Iraq? by increasing the army and internationalising it to share the danger?

Its your fuckin mess, go clean it up on your own just like you started it. Or walk away just like you should never be there.

WMD's my ass.... [/b]

Unfortunately, Kerry is going to have to clean up this Iraq mess. Had Gore won, this Iraq war wouldn't have existed. But since Bush's psychotic ass created this mess, Kerry is going to have to pursue the Iraq issue, even if this is a war that he never wanted (given that he wins in November).

I read in Newsweek or Time that Bush said that "God" wanted him to strike at Saddam. This is scary. We're dealing with someone delusional that's in charge of world affairs.

DailyKos.com's VP Cattle Call:

Here's my list of the top 10 candidates for Kerry's VP nominee. Note that VPs are almost never chosen from the expected suspects, and usually come out of nowhere. So this is just for fun.

1. Cleland

Max would be the second half of a dynamite "national security ticket". He's clearly hungry after being viciously smeared in his Georgia 2002 Senate race, and has been on the attack against the GOP ever since.

He was one of Kerry's earliest and most active supporters. He helped deliver the southern state of Georgia to the "Northeastern Liberal" Kerry over southern boy Edwards. Cleland is "sacrifice" personafied. There's a reason Ann Coulter has been on the offensive (and quite offensively so) against Cleland. The guy is the literal opposite of draft-dodging corporate whore Dick Cheney.

Would he deliver Georgia to the ticket? Nah. But he would help put TN, LA, and AR in solid contention. And he might force Bush to work hard in Georgia.

2. Edwards

Everyone's sentimental favorite. And there's no doubt he ran his campaign in order to keep his Veep options open. He might even deliver his home state to the ticket (his popularity in NC seems to be perpetually underestimated).

However, the civility between Edwards and Kerry did fray a bit at the end. And veeps are almost never chosen from the ranks of primary opponents.

And one more fact working against Edwdards -- too many prominent Dems would rather not see a "heir apparent" veep nominee. People like the Clintons, Richardson, Rendell -- politicos with presidential ambitions -- would rather see a vice president with little aspiration for higher office. They want the field clear in 2012. And Kerry will need a solidly united party in order to win this thing.

3. Rockefeller

Would return WV to the Dem fold and play REALLY well in critical Ohio. I'm sure there are downsides to Jay, but I'm not seeing them right now. Is the last name "Rockefeller" too rich for a presidential nominee already being labelled "patrician"?

4. Warner

Virginia, which is already trending blue, would be in play this cycle. He is term-limited out of his governor's job, so he's looking for a new gig. The Democratic Ticket would get a boost in WV and -- most importantly -- Ohio. In fact, if Warner is on the ticket, I would have him do a months-long bus tour across those three states.

5. Vilsack

Vilsack would guarantee Iowa, solidify our chances in MN, and make MO more competitive. And he did play the IA caucuses right by refusing the endorse, but letting his wife endorse Kerry. About as deft a non-endorsement endorsement as anyone could manage.

6. Gephardt

Would play well across much of the midwest, including MO, IA, MN, IL, WI and the union states of MI and OH. Theoretically. He and Dean went nuclear on each other in Iowa, and Dick did even worse than Dean's pathetic showing in that state. Did he suffer irreperable harm?

7. Clark

He looked a lot better before he ran for president. He would be a strong number 2 on a "national security ticket", but his campaign and debate performances left much to be desired. He was a rookie and showed it.

And what states could he deliver? The fact he was from Arkansas a long time ago wouldn't be enough to deliver the state. Had he run for AR governor in 2002 as asked by Arkansas Dems...

8. Landrieu

My sentimental favorite, I've promoted her VP candidacy for as long as I've run this site. It's about high-time we had a women president/vice-president in this country. She'd help carry Louisiana and perhaps Arkansas, and her more moderate views would help balance Kerry out.

But Kerry -- a Catholic -- should already play well in Louisiana. And Landrieu isn't a dominant force in LA politics the way Breaux is. Also, her complete and utter lack of national security cred could be a hindrance, not helped by the fact that she's a woman. In an election dominated by domestic issues, she'd be perfect, but 2004 isn't that election.

9. Graham

New Miami Herald poll showed that Graham would do nothing to help Kerry win Florida. And his abortive presidential run showed he was an awful campaigner.

10. Richardson

Would likely be number one on this list if he didn't repeatedly and consistently state publicly that he does not want the job. And he shouldn't. He was just elected governor of New Mexico, and he needs to finish out at least that first term before he seeks a promotion.

But he would guarantee New Mexico and give Bush a world of trouble in Arizona. He is a Latino, but with a non-threatening Anglo name (imagine if his name was something like "Rodrigo Sanchez"?). And he has a great deal of foreign policy experience, from his shuttle diplomacy to North Korea to his stint at the United Nations.

Update: Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to jump aboard this bandwagon.

Mr. Kerry may decide the way to shake up the race is to make a truly unconventional choice, as Walter Mondale tried to do when he picked Ms. Ferraro, the first-ever woman on a national ticket, in 1984. This year the equivalent choice to pick up the "in" demographic group would be New Mexico's Gov. Bill Richardson, who is Latino.

But there is an even bolder move. At the end of this year, the 63-year-old Mr. Brokaw is retiring after two decades as the anchor of the top-rated "NBC Nightly News," and he could probably be persuaded to leave the anchor desk a few months early. Surely his many friends in the national news media would give him an ethics pass on such a departure.

I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Originally posted by casekonly

ok, doesn't it seem like kerry is just another republican wearing a dems clothing? i believe, although i have nothing to back this up, that republicans have been contributing to kerry's capaign just so that he will be the one who has to run against bush...i'm not sure, so don't take my word for it.

ok, second point, kerry, like bush, was a member of "the skulls", that stupid elite underground society on yales campus....alot of "important" people in politics are and were members.

i just don't know about kerry. i certainly don't like bush, but i'm very apprehensive about voting for kerry.

when i heard that Kerry was a 16th cousin of Bush and both are direct decendants of Charlemagne.

born 2 April, 742; died 28 January, 814.

Charlemagne's career led to his acknowledgment by the Holy See as its chief protector and coadjutor in temporals, by Constantinople as at least Basileus of the West. This reign, which involved to a greater degree than that of any other historical personage the organic development, and still more, the consolidation of Christian Europe, will be sketched in this article in the successive periods into which it naturally divides. The period of Charlemagne was also an epoch of reform for the Church in Gaul, and of foundation for the Church in Germany, marked, moreover, by an efflorescence of learning which fructified in the great Christian schools of the twelfth and later centuries.

i said to myself ... this is secret society shit and i guess the lesser of 2 evils is still evil ... but in this case he gets my vote.

shows you how desperate we are getting to oust bush.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

a couple things...

Early on Edwards was asked if he would be open to the VP nod. When he was asked it was pretty early in his campaign and things were looking good for him. For him to have said that he was open to that nod, could have had a negative effect on him in the polls, therefore he said no way, and that made him appear stronger. Now that he's out of it, and Kerry has shown some obvious problems in the South, Edwards would be the perfect fit, and Edwards is realizing that second place may not be so bad. We keep discussing this race in one of my comm. college classes, and our professor has guaranteed a Kerry/Edwards ticket, or else we get donuts, and i like donuts.

The other thing is that someone mentioned Kerry is a republican in democrats clothing. Kerry is WAY too liberal to even be considered a republican.

I Agree

Mr. Kerry is WAY too far left to be considered a Republican, even a Stealth Republican in Democratic sheep's clothing. He is well to the left of even a super-liberal like Ted Kennedy. This will be to his advantage during the election process ("Run to the left, govern from the center.") If he gets elected, he will have a very difficult time dealing with a Republican dominated House, unless he makes some important concessions to the conservatives. The Republicans know which side of their bread is buttered, and they will try very hard to avoid doing anything to piss off the right wing of the Republican party.

Well John Kerry almost seems too good to be true....

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/eraofspeci...ests/index.html

I cannot for the life of me find any dirt on the man. Except maybe the skulls in his closet. But what really does that mean? Just because him and bush may be distant cousins. Could be a blood feud for all I know. Especially with someone as power hungry as W.

It's hard for me to imagine a nightly news without Tom Brokaw. It seems like he has always been there. Obviously the man is interested and dedicated to the issues to have been at it for so long. Just the thing is that television news has virtually no opinion compared to the press. I wonder even what his political stance is. That article PMB posted even said that most people don't think of Tom Brokaw as a liberal. Then again do most people even know who Tom Brokaw really is at all? I think he would certainly make a good advisor to the obviously decisive and staunch Kerry.

This really seems too good to be true to me. Just like the Gore campaign last elections. That election was like good vs. evil. As much as people liked gore, bush still won. Ultimately making the whole thing look like a rigged charade.

But, since 9/11 I think there has been alot of sobering up in america despite the continued atrocities bush commits. Let's see if there is real passion in this one.

Archived