Gas?

deznatori

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mr.LonelyHeart:

. and as far as a depression goes -I've heard that people who lived through the great depression remember it fondly..maybe because it brought people together.

I don't think anyone ever remembers the Depression fondly. I think you are right the people remember the way the people bonded together and the American Spirit and determination brought them through tough times.

I just went to fill my car up.....it is a madhouse people lined up in the intersection to be in line for the pump......AHHHH oh my god, the whole world is coming to an end!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH, everyone rush to the local corner store!

Luckily I knew where the "Incognito Mart" was located, so I didn't have to wait that long, I honked at the dumbasses, on my way home, that were still waiting.

[This message has been edited by Dirty_habiT (edited 09-11-2001).]

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by deznatori:

Okay I put gas in the beast today at the price of $1.54 and on the way home tonight the signs all said like $3.89 and around $4.00. What is up with that shit. Anywhere else seeing this?

is this for real?? what part of the u.s.?

Guest fr8lover

to all the people in the midwest: WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL. there already planning to prosecute those who are price hiking at the misfortune of this terrible incident.

SAVE YOUR RECEIPT, and ask about a number to call or call your local government office and they will give you a refund or pay a nice call to the establishment who jacked the prices.

its still 165 here for the most part.

I think we will see what a huge impact this tradgy will have on this ntion and many others when the stock market opens again.Rapid selling will dive the market threw the floor,creating inflation at a unbelivable rate.This very well may triger a financial brakedown of the U.S economy,not seen since the 30's.

I sincerly hope Im wrong,but I dont feel very secure at the moment.

Originally posted by Serkoff:

is this for real?? what part of the u.s.?

Ohio

and I've seen up to $4.75 and $4.89 now on the eastside of town.

The northern parts of Kentucky are up above $4 now too from what I understand.

[This message has been edited by deznatori (edited 09-12-2001).]

Austinites fill-up for precautionary measures

9/12/01 12:15 AM

By: Heather White and News 8 Austin Staff

On Tuesday night, some Austin residents headed to area gas stations to fill their tanks up in fear of the prices rising rapidly after Tuesday's terrorist attack in New York and Washington, D.C.

"Well I am filling up because everything that is going on ... I was eating and I heard everyone talking about it," said Lee Jackson, who filled up his tank Tuesday night.

"There has never been a line ever to get gas usually you can drive right up and get gas, but now there are three or four cars waiting at each pump," said Sidni Cordell, who was filling up her tank.

On Tuesday, Gov. Rick Perry issued a limited disaster declaration in Texas to make sure gas prices, car rental and hotel rates didn't increase.

Gas prices have not gone up yet in Austin, but gas station attendants said they are unsure of what may happen in the future.

An AAA official in Oklahoma said stations should not boost prices right away because of "artificial demand.''

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1

They were jacking people up here too at this one amoco, but that city had a law against jacking the price up on goods in emergency situation and its closed now for 30 days. Serves them right. What kind of bitch move is it to raise the price just to fucking make a buck off a tragedy.

no matter how much gas is, people still have places to go. people that can afford their big ass SUV probably can afford gas to put in it. well i dont know if gas prices went up over here, but i still have 3/4 tank in the big balla saturn so i wont we trippin.

Originally posted by mapo wc:

I dont want exxon-valdeze part 2 taking place right here in FL.

by using oil, you support the possibility of oil spills. What makes florida more important than other parts of the world? if you don't want oil spills, don't use petroleum products and try to convince others as well. i am insulted...

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by Gouged out 3rd Eye:

no matter how much gas is, people still have places to go. people that can afford their big ass SUV probably can afford gas to put in it. well i dont know if gas prices went up over here, but i still have 3/4 tank in the big balla saturn so i wont we trippin.

thats exactly why these assholes are taking advantage of tragedy to price gouge. its a necessity, why not raise it to 5 bucks? people need it.

Originally posted by bug:

by using oil, you support the possibility of oil spills. What makes florida more important than other parts of the world? if you don't want oil spills, don't use petroleum products and try to convince others as well. i am insulted...

I dont use much oil at all. And I have stated a few times on here the next car I will buy will be a hybrid so Ill be getting about 60-70mpg. Im not saying FL is more important than anywhere else. But in Alaska hardly anyone lived there and the real damage was to the environment. I deeply care about the environment so dont think otherwise. But if it happened on the coast of FL..our tourism heavily depends on our oceans..and it would hurt our economy tremendously if an oil spill happened. Thats definitely secondary to the environmental issues but its still something they should think about before drilling.

This will probably the main issue on who I vote for Governor. The one that promises no drilling gets my vote..and that will most likely be Janet Reno.

Everyone has an intial panic when shit like this happens. Maybe Im just naive but I think we'll be ok on the oil tip. Luckily car manufacturers are making hybrids. 70mpg is what Im talkin bout.

They want to drill under the ocean floor off the coast of Tampa. Fuck that. I dont want exxon-valdeze part 2 taking place right here in FL.

Shits really getting fucked up. Im glad Ill be shut off from the world for the next 17 weeks in boot camp.

Oh and I heard in St. Louis its like $5 a gallon. The owners of gas stations know people are gonna panic and fill their tanks.

So they jack up the price to take advantage. Theyll do that shit with water and canned food as well. They do that shit in my homestate of Florida every time theres a hurricane headed our way. Theyre fucking leaches.

Archived