Best Comic Book Villian Of All Time?

2ten

Guest Pilau Hands

oh shit or when joker became Emperor Joker and re-made reality in his image. batman was getting ripped to shreds everynight, that was jacked up too

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what it get stolen? you sold it? i never owned any significant series, i owned batman vs. spawn, spawn issues 18 thru 32. and thats pretty much it, i had the one where magnus ripped the adamentium out of wolvie, also the one where gambit found storm. i had the carnage series. and a few of the onslaught books, i had the one where blink and morph kick that one glowing orange guys ass, forget his name. yeah, but blink kicked some serious ass when she found out mr. creed was "killed" by that orange dude.

I had all the image number 1's ... I had the infinity gauntlet series... I had the Weapon X project series... I had a bunch I can't remember. I still have Too Much Coffee Man #1 and I think I still have Scud: The disposable assassin #1...

Too bad comics died. I can do that. The learning curve for video games is huge.

Yeah I read some ragnarok.. that's pretty good. I wouldn't put it up there with ghost in the shell though. I just recently got Ghost in the Shell 2.... It's phat as phunk. I don't have issue #1 though. It's sold out. I have it in Japanese but that doesn't do me much good.

I'm starting up a flick collection too... so far I've got:

-Akira (of course)

-Ghost in the Shell

-The studio ghibli collection (this was hard as hell to find, I had it special ordered from japan. But it's well worth it. It comes with all of miyazaki's work except spirited away. 12 movies including the likes of princess mononoke, laputa, and nausicca which is probably the best anime flick i've ever seen.)

-Ninja Scroll (still haven't seen the second one though)

-Escaflowne

-Spirited Away

-Final Fantasy Unlimited (i love anything final fantasy. i'm a big ff nerd)

And I think that's pretty much it.... If you know of any other works of this caliber please let me know. It's hard to find stuff as good as this.

personllly, i wasnt a big fan of akira, good animation, but its one of thoase series where you gotta read or view the movie more than afew times just to FULLY understand whats going on, its like catchin the matrix 3 in the middle and never seeing any of the other movies, confusing. it was a little over the top too. it was a good series but seriously, a lot of pointless, bs. the books were better than the movie tho.

aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh

-Ninja Scroll (still haven't seen the second one though)

if by this you mean ninja resurection, then it is not ninja scroll 2, true the guy is named jubei, but its not the same storyline and definitly not even in the same series, it sucks big time. BUT, there is a ninja scroll series out now, on dvd, its fuckin fresh as hell and is a wonderful addition to anyones collection, i seriously recomend this to anime fans everywhere. on a side note, how much did that ghibli collection set you back, that is awsome, ive been looking every where for something like that. i have a huge anime collection, and manga. but yes, i thought the animation in akira the movie was inferior to the books. because the books are newer mostly likely but nonetheless, i like them better if i had to like one of the two.which i dont.

Originally posted by Crimsøn

Akira the movie sucks, the only thing cool about it is that it's animated, other than that it's missing so much story it's not even funny. I need to ream 'em again.

doooooooood....the comic was ill but you seriously would not be able to condense the entire series into a two hour movie. i think they did a good job of adapting it (although a depiction of the great neo tokyo empires' raid on lady miyakos temple would have been fresh to see)

lol^^^^yeah lens, but seriously you liked the comics better too? awsome, i totaly agree, did you by any chance cathc the ghost in the shell series that started coming out? the first episode was ill. gasaraki is a good mech series too, very nice animation. as with lupin the third. its not high quality animation, but its high quality humor, which makes it all better.

Originally posted by LENS

doooooooood....the comic was ill but you seriously would not be able to condense the entire series into a two hour movie.

Yea I know, but after reading them it just seems like the movie was kind of a cheap shot. I just think they changed to much/left too much out. They should've made like a 26 episode series...now that would have been dope shit.

^^^you lie, you know you love that shit. i love the movie for the simple fact that if i had never seen the movie i would have never read the manga which is fukin awsome.

on topic. i dont know if its been said yet because ii didnt bother to read the entire thread but the dopest villian is for sure venom.

but akira was one of THE original anime movies to come out. it was one of the first. so if anything, the books would be a cheap shot because they came later...way later. any one see the metropolis movie? i saw it in theaters during its premier night. i think the guy who drew it does the megaman series. the characters were very nicely set up and the amount of detail was amazing, definitly one of the most beutiful anime movies to ever come out. watch it once, and pay close attention to the storyline, then watch it again and pay attention to the background, im sure youll be highly impressed.

no shit! ya see now i remember in the begining it said from the makers of akira.:lol: :lol: :lol: im retarded, if you look at the characters tho, youll see what i mean, the big arms near the knuckles and fat legs near the feet. now i feel like an ass tho.:lol: but seriously its a beutiful movie. leaves me speachless and the ending is epic.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

lol^^^^yeah lens, but seriously you liked the comics better too? awsome, i totaly agree, did you by any chance cathc the ghost in the shell series that started coming out? the first episode was ill. gasaraki is a good mech series too, very nice animation. as with lupin the third. its not high quality animation, but its high quality humor, which makes it all better.

I didn't like gasaraki one bit....it's a bite and a half off of evangelion....christ, all the elements are there: partial organic mecha, mysterious girl, strange boy with uncanny knack for piloting mecha, shadow illuminati guys running shit behind the scenes.....c'mon

Metropolis was awesome. I like how that girl got all "tetsuo'd" out with the wires and that gleaming red eye in the end. Pretty eerie

I've got Fritz Lang's metropolis. That was the first sci-fi movie ever made. No shit... it's a silent movie. It's crazy it's like the average people are slaves who work beneath the surface of the earth on these giant machines who keep everything running for the rich folk up on the surface... they talk about rebellion and ... well I don't want to spoil it. It's good... It's one of those archetype movies.

I guess I'll check out this OTHER metropolis too... That gasaraki looks pretty good too. I like those cg/cel animations. Blend of the old and new.

Archived