lilman Makes a Name for Himself ----New book by Caleb Neelon aka Sonik3000

LastBoyScout

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Sonik3000

Thought I'd give this a bump and invite folks in the Massachusetts and NH area to the opening party for my kids' book, or just to rattle on about me. Word.

Please join Caleb Neelon / SONIK in the release of his new children's picture book, "Lilman Makes a Name for Himself," on Thursday, April 1, at the Revolving Museum in downtown Lowell, Massachusetts.

The party will take place from 7-9pm and will include slides and a gallery talk by Caleb Neelon._ There's a five dollar cover, which gets you into the Museum, where there's a mural by Sonik and Bare, along with much more.

http://www.revolvingmuseum.org for directions and information!

The book, written and illustrated by Caleb Neelon / Sonik

Lilman arrives home from school one day unhappy - his name doesn't seem to mean and be himself and who he is. He tells his mother of his dilemma, and then sets out to build his name from wood. Then, he covers it with hats, feathers, stripes, rice, beans, and other things that reflect his vision of himself. He takes the name to school the next day, where it is such a hit that all of his classmates follw suit, building and decorating their names as well. Like Lilman and his classmates, we all have the power to "make a name for ourselves."

"Lilman Makes a Name for Himself" is UV-coated hardcover, which means that it can wipe clean after you spill cereal on it. It is also library bound, which means that it won't fall apart after you use it as a frisbee. There's a special "make a name for yourself" activity and lesson plan, as well as a handful of my favorite pieces.

More information, including how to order a copy to be mailed to you, is available at:

http://www.theartwheredreamscometrue.com/lilman

Published by:

Cantab Publishing

• 1 month later...

Archived