Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Type Here

NT CREW,UK

Originally posted by skrib139

actually. i really dont give a fuck about a few weak opinions that people have of me from what ive said over the internet.

we've never met but you're right, you and me, we go way back. i've got all that other information about the thousand other jerk off moves you've made. i don't know how i didn't see it earlier, thanks for pointing that out.

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mista_Merc

Errr....like it or not, whether it's original or not, is besides the point.

Unless you yourself can prove some level of skill in graf besides talking a good game on the net, your opinion amounts to very little. Talk is very cheap.

Can you do better outlines? Can you hold a can as well? Have you bombed as much? Are you more original? You know you're not, so it's best just to say nothing. Next thing you know people would start pulling out photos of your stuff (if there is anything) and you'll wish you kept quiet when they start asking where the shit is that is better than Cope's in some shape or form.

You could only end up embarrassing yourself.

This seems to come from the school of thought that says you cant critisize the oldschool or writers respected by the majority. I think its bullsht.

Ive seen it happen again and again and im not speaking about anyone in specific here. Someone gets up in their city and catches some small time fame. The local graffiti fans start to give them a lot of respect and they become a local hero. They start to think they are the shit and start to try and demand respect rather than command it. People come to their town they expect to be treated like kings. They put crowns over their tags. The more this happens the more they are looked on as kings and the more it feeds their ego. All the while they are acting like cunts, biting, grassing, going over who they want, starting rumours and generally being a twat. But you cant critisize them because they are oldschool/respected. People who have seen their photos in magazines and read an interview on the internet start telling others that you cant critisize them because they like to give them a godlike status for some reason.

Now with cope2 he sent a lot of clean train pics into magazines and generally talked himself up. I dont think this is cool. But he is old school and respected so i cant say this??? When it comes to painting the same piece over and over again i figure this is to create some kind of instantly recognizable trademark hence creating more fame etc. I happen to think this is a pretty shit attitude to graffiti too and guys who use these kind of tactics to gain more fame must have some serious self esteam problems. But fucked if im not gonna say this because they are oldschool/respected.

Perhaps if all these graffiti fans stopped thinking of certain writers as gods we wouldnt have so many of them thinking they can get away with acting like twats.

my personal oppinion on them is they do a lot of lovely looking walls and trains......but some of the time the style seem to be the same thing churned out over and over again......i like a lot of aroes stuff, but not all of it.....anie seems to have the true originality.....i personally think his styles are sick..... but the rest of the NT lackeys seem to be riding on thier backs a bit and the stuff they do seems like the same watered down euro styles over and over again without much change in style or any progression

no matter how good or shit people think they are.......theres no excuse for grassing in my eyes......if you get caught, then you get caught......theres no point brigning others down, especially if they're mates... no matter what the police say

http://www.uncollected.net/users/sam/12oz/newteam_liverpool03.jpg'>

http://www.uncollected.net/users/sam/12oz/aroenylon.jpg'>

http://www.uncollected.net/users/sam/12oz/aroe.jpg'>

Originally posted by shittypanels

This seems to come from the school of thought that says you cant critisize the oldschool or writers respected by the majority. etc

I see your point, if someone's old school and they act like a prick (there's quite a few!) then no they don't deserve and can't demand respect regardless of what they achieved, a wanker will always be a wanker, but you've not quite got what I said...

If someone makes a comment who actually participates, by the sounds of things someone like yourself, then that's all good. It makes things interesting.

But if the person making a comment does very little apart from posting comments on the net, then would you agree that their point wouldn't be as valid as an actual participant in the game?

Originally posted by shittypanels

Perhaps if all these graffiti fans stopped thinking of certain writers as gods we wouldnt have so many of them thinking they can get away with acting like twats.

Agree with a lot of the stuff your saying – and in fairness I don’t think Mercs point was specific to Cope2 as an individual but rather the Insult against someone who (like them or not) is fairly well known in this society.

I agreed with Mercs view that the way Skrib made a comment looked a bit foolish (to describe someones 20 odd year career in one sentence about originality is hardly making a good point) – Its not about being allowed to slag off old-schoolers, rather asking for a bit of explanation about why your slaging them off (or any one for that matter).

By giving a reasoned and informed opinion of why you think Cope2 doesn’t deserve as much respect as he is currently given shows that you have put some thought into and come out with some good points – coming out with school boy type insults with out backing them up with any reasoning just makes you look like a bit of a toy.

is it just me or is all that stuff looking well dated

like from barcelona back in 98/99 is the date stamp

on that style up.?????