PDX WRITERS...... The Silver Donut Is Caught!!

paperlabels

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No shit, when I first moved here, like 6 mos. ago, I was like what the fuck is up with the fucking silver circle on everything? And then, one day.... BAM! I got circled with the silver donut, and it was small too, on a little tiny tag. I was like FUCK THAT DUDE! But I had to laugh.... What was even more funny was it was out at NAC, which was like him sneeking into enemy territory..... But the old dude got up! You gotta give him that!

I moved here from Oklahoma City and there was this crack-head, gold spraypaint huffer that would tag around and do Gold Happy Faces everwhere.... They always looked like a fucking kindergartener did them. It was quite funny...

Man, I know like no one out here... I know Sask, Joker and Midas (which Joker and Midas dont really paint) Midas does those octopi with the Clockwork Orange hats and painted faces, you might have seen some of his stickers, they are somewhat big. I have been bugging fools to go out an paint with me.... so if you paint fr8s regularly.... hit me up.

rhaker93@hotmail.com

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/i...27368208200.xml

Graffiti vigilante's motives don't matter

02/24/04

He was the city's most-wanted graffiti outlaw, a tireless spray-painter known for the trademark metallic donuts that have sullied hundreds of walls, signs and poles.

Police called him "Silver Circle." A mysterious nickname, to be sure. But now, two weeks after an officer caught the vandal in the act, it appears "Graffiti Geezer" would have been a more fitting nom de paint.

Silver Circle, it turns out, is 63. That's right: Six. Three. In fact, the suspect, Ronald Engman, is a month from 64: Old enough to be the grandfather of many a young'un picked up for defacing property in Portland.

For two months straight, Silver Circle has owned the top spot on the city's list of the most prolific taggers. So you can imagine neighborhood crime fighters were thrilled to nab him.

At the same time, Engman's age "was quite shocking," says Officer Jami Resch of the Neighborhood Emergency Response Team.

Engman's wife, JoAnn, was shocked for another reason. "He has always fought against graffiti," she says of her husband, who couldn't be reached for comment. "He even caught a guy once."

There's also this: Engman sits on the City Council in Johnson City, a tiny, charted city of mobile homes just south of Portland.

But police say there is no doubt they have their tagger, since Officer Jim McMurray caught Engman in the act of leaving his mark in the Buckman neighborhood on the night of Feb. 9.

McMurray says Engman confessed that he painted at least 1,000 of the silver circles over existing tags. Apparently, he was actually making an anti-graffiti statement.

Engman has been a graffiti victim in the past. "He was on a crusade," McMurray says.

Of course, that matters little in the eyes of the law. Once the circles are counted, police plan to charge Engman on hundreds of counts of criminal mischief.

"The type of paint he was using is actually harder to remove than the tags underneath," Resch says.

wow.

free silver circle!

The most up writer ANYWHERE!

think about how much time and dedication this fella had to graf. Regardless of what side he was on, he clearly had more passion about graf than anybody.

Anyways, hes lucky that he got caught by cops and not writers. Too bad for him his name's out. i imagine a lot of pissed off writers are already plotting.

When i was in pdx i thought for sure he was in cahoots w/ cops, or that 'he' was actually a 'them'. "theres no way one person has so much 'ups' everywhere w/o being involved w/ police" thats what i thought. ha ha. man, he had to go out every night, almost everything was capped. crazy old trailer park bastard.

Was dude even a graff head? I get the feeling all he did was paint silver circles around town, i doubt dude did any pieces or throwies, but i dont know too much about it.

I bet that guy was like one of those vigilantie, kind of mother fuckers that noticed the cops wouldnt do shit bout the "taggers" so he did his own damage to get back at them. Its happend before.

But im gettin way too into it, and i havent even read the article yet.:lick: