* * cars inside autos catching the mist * *

ZackAttack

Ok, so a computerless partner of mine asks me to come on here and ask anyone who might know something on the issue...

As far as painting holy rollers, does anyone know specific incidents of writers getting knabbed for getting paint misted on the cars inside? Or does anyone know of workers/car dealers that attempt to track that back to where it happened or anything like that?

(An overflow has been created and this is starting to get to us.)

Thanks in advance,

ZackAttackski

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by adderall

fucking up whips is definitly a terrible idea.. logically it should be obvious that this is a major heat-up

calling cars "whips" is a terrible thing too...but seriously, i would try to avoid it at all costs, sometimes there is nothing else to paint though i guess. i had a friend that worked at a MUA lot where they unloaded the autoracks, and he said those big white sheets of plastic you see stuck to the side of new cars help a little bit, what pisses manufactuars off the most is when the paint gets on alloy rims. i dont know if its harder to clean off or what (maybe they have to be replaced), but he said that seems to be what gets people all worked up.

thanks for the input guys... i'm hoping what we did wont draw heat but if it does its a lesson learned. we never get to paint autoracks where i live and when we do they ahve mr engine attached but them shits always get caught for sure so we get hyped on em.. anyways, our sewing circle agreed to stay off em if opportunity arizes again but hopefully they'll be back with nothing on the insides :)

thanks again!

zack

ps yeah you're right i should have searched first. boo hoo.

A family member bought an suv, I forget what type. But anyways when she got it there was a goldish colour all over it. She took it back to the place she bought it and apparently it was rail dust or something along those lines and it was from the rust and then wheels rubbing or something like that.

Originally posted by $$$$$$$$$$$$

done it more than once, no heat.

I have dont it a few times, i try not to but if it comes down to painting or not them shits are getting painted..unless you leave an area code or some specific reference i dont think they can pin point where the car was painted.. but what do i know

If paint got through the holes than half of the cars manufactrured would have paint on them.

They dont keep the cars right next to the side, then they would get dented. You would probably goet paint on them if you used one of those nozzle detail caps and held it in the hole.

So in this case, not likely.

MYTH BUSTED.

I don't know, some of those larger SUV's come close to the edges. Look at the inside of an open autorack next time, the tire rails are mad close to the edge of the car. Isn't the name of this game still "play it safe/careful" or am I becoming a philosophical dinosaur already? I realize common sense died around the same time black and white television did but come on...

......more bad advice from the most paranoid writer ever.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by Cory Feldman

blast them shits.

haha. most new cars have the white protection plastic on them, and most cars get detailed before getting sold. i have gotten paint on my car before, and though its a hassle, it comes off with a buffer and some elbow grease. ive done it before, i'll do it again. usually the only time i can hit them they are loaded, but if you have the option hit the empties i guess.

yeah like people said above, alot of times the cars have white film on them while shipping. one of the main spots my crew used to paint was constantly stocked with loaded autoracks. i've painted quite a few loaded ones. actually alot more than i'd like to admit. i think it would be hard for them to figure out what exact spot it was done in unless you write what city you painted the car in... which is actually pretty common. a good friend of mine knew someone that worked at a yard which unloads the cars and said that he knew for a fact certains trains were done in the train yard near by and never saw any paint on the cars. but i guess all in all, if you can paint an empty autorack do it. or go somewhere else to paint. im sure getting caught painting a loaded auto rack would sport a heftier fine as well. im sure we have all done some lame brain shit before. i know of a few crews who wont paint loaded holy rollers period.

do like the west coast guys and use roll paint on holyrollers.

i think its stupid to even consider painting loaded auto racks, even if its on an ambush, but then again very few people get as methodical about spot preservation as i am.

Jim we got a another shippment in where is our Insurance Agent today?

I think es in the breakroom getting a bagel.

We'll Jim tell him to get the fvck in here and write this Insurance report up.

More cars looking like bowls of fruity loops!!!!!

dont forget its against the law to paint a holy roler anyway, who gives a fuck bout whats inside. i know theres a few lincoln navigators out there with my scribes on the windows cuttylike. paint mist usually rinses off.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by johndoe

one of the few yards i can paint is strictly autoracks, i hate them.

one of the few yards i can paint is all auto's as well, but i love them, especially those flat panel up's. they're usually empty too, due to the fact that they are incoming to a car plant ready to be loaded.

Archived