OUR COUNTRY IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeking

jesus christ.

this gay marriage thing makes me want to stab politicians in the fucking face with my dick.

how can anyone think that ammending our constitution to TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS of law abiding citizens, is even partially, possibly, fragmentally, ever, even slightly fucking acceptable?! are you fucking insane? these are human beings, that want some stupid ass piece of paper to prove they love eachother, and you're going to change our constitution to say they cant? are you high? marriage is a joke. its a piece of paper....an attempt to appease our parents and our insecurities. what are you god damn people thinking?

you make me want to ammend the constitution, stating that you have to walk around 24/7 with your hand shoved up your ass, and when people ask why, you're constitutionally bound to say 'because i'm trying to get my head out'.

as if i wasnt crabby enough today.

jesus christ.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by seeking

jesus christ.

this gay marriage thing makes me want to stab politicians in the fucking face with my dick.

how can anyone think that ammending our constitution to TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS of law abiding citizens, is even partially, possibly, fragmentally, ever, even slightly fucking acceptable?! are you fucking insane? these are human beings, that want some stupid ass piece of paper to prove they love eachother, and you're going to change our constitution to say they cant? are you high? marriage is a joke. its a piece of paper....an attempt to appease our parents and our insecurities. what are you god damn people thinking?

you make me want to ammend the constitution, stating that you have to walk around 24/7 with your hand shoved up your ass, and when people ask why, you're constitutionally bound to say 'because i'm trying to get my head out'.

as if i wasnt crabby enough today.

jesus christ.

where did people say it took away our rights? got a link?

Re: Re: OUR COUNTRY IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by destroya

where did people say it took away our rights? got a link?

It takes away the rights of gays. You need a link to tell you that?

I love how Bush has taken this and turned it into a centerpiece issue for the election. Avert your eyes, Americans, from the troubles all around you and the rest of the world ... for gays want to get married! Oh the thought!

Re: Re: Re: OUR COUNTRY IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

It takes away the rights of gays. You need a link to tell you that?

i had it backwards, i thought he was saying people were saying that allowing gays to wed took away people's rights. i didn't get it.

knaahmsayin

Here's a list of a few of the many rights and benefits that come with marriage. These are the rights our government is attempting to prevent gays from ever having:

Tax Benefits

• Filing joint income tax returns with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
  • Creating a "family partnership" under federal tax laws, which allows you to divide business income among family members.

Estate Planning Benefits

• Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse’s behalf.

Government Benefits

• Receiving Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses.
  • Receiving veterans' and military benefits for spouses, such as those for education, medical care, or special loans.
  • Receiving public assistance benefits.

Employment Benefits

• Obtaining insurance benefits through a spouse's employer.
  • Taking family leave to care for your spouse during an illness.
  • Receiving wages, workers' compensation, and retirement plan benefits for a deceased spouse.
  • Taking bereavement leave if your spouse or one of your spouse’s close relatives dies.

Medical Benefits

• Visiting your spouse in a hospital intensive care unit or during restricted visiting hours in other parts of a medical facility.
  • Making medical decisions for your spouse if he or she becomes incapacitated and unable to express wishes for treatment.

Death Benefits

• Consenting to after-death examinations and procedures.
  • Making burial or other final arrangements.

Family Benefits

• Filing for stepparent or joint adoption.
  • Applying for joint foster care rights.
  • Receiving equitable division of property if you divorce.
  • Receiving spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation if you divorce.

Housing Benefits

• Living in neighborhoods zoned for "families only."
  • Automatically renewing leases signed by your spouse.

Consumer Benefits

• Receiving family rates for health, homeowners', auto, and other types of insurance.
  • Receiving tuition discounts and permission to use school facilities.
  • Other consumer discounts and incentives offered only to married couples or families.

Other Legal Benefits and Protections

• Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
  • Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
  • Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can’t force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
  • Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
  • Obtaining domestic violence protection orders.
  • Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
  • Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

Suck on this: The Federal marriage amendment is the first constitutional amendment ever proposed that would single out a minority to strip them of their rights.

Here's some more points to be made:

Originally posted by dailykos blog Always on one side are those who say that tradition, common-sense, scientific studies, public order and divine revelation all dictate that the second-class group remain unequal, not quite legally human, and therefore subject to laws that nobody else is and unshielded by laws that everybody else is.

On the other side are two groups: gradualists and maximalists. Every civil rights movement - every social movement in America - has included a tug-of-war between them. Almost always, the gradualists concede that they agree with the maximalists in principle: They know there’s no such thing as half-equal, you either are, or you aren’t. But politics is the art of the possible, the gradualists say, and reform takes time.

True enough. But gradualism can’t mean spinelessness.

In 30 more years, I think most Americans will look back on the reluctance to extend equal rights to gays – including marriage rights – as another unfortunate discrimination consigned to the benighted past, and evidence once again of America’s wonderful ability to perpetually transform itself into comprehensively fulfilling its ideals.

Chicago's mayor on gay marriage- "No Problem"

Margaret Cho on gay marriage (reccomended)

More CHO

But hold up a second here...

If gay marriage is legalized, does that mean that you'll be forced to become gay if you're not right now?

But seriously, we had this discussion at work and this stumpfuck that I work next to all day was trying to compare two gay consenting adults getting married to pedophilia and bestiality. I guess he's too dull to see the obvious differences.

http://www.geo.ucalgary.ca/~malcolm/sheep.jpg'>

God bless America

when you get married, your not taxed as much. so to all the gays that get married (there must be alot in the US) its just lost money for the government. theres my contribution.

why not forge some fucking papers, buy a ring, and just tell people your married? fuck. you need that 5 hour ceremony of marriage. fuck that. save some (or alot) of money and just tell people you got married a while ago in one of the legal states it was allowed.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

why not forge some fucking papers, buy a ring, and just tell people your married? fuck. you need that 5 hour ceremony of marriage. fuck that. save some (or alot) of money and just tell people you got married a while ago in one of the legal states it was allowed.

so they can get insurance coverage, rights for when their partner dies, sign for shit, all that.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Okay, so I'm definitely in favor of gay marriage and the extension of all entitlements and rights to same-sex couples, but I've had a few questions lately about the whole issue...

1) Is there a substantial legal difference between a civil union and a marriage beyond the terminology? I believe there are some differences in terms of having protections at the federal level, not sure. Poop?

If so, why is there no alternate movement to call for the extension of federal protections to civil unions? Wouldn't this in essence also provide the same rights to all?

2) If not so, is this is just a quest for the dignity, culture, and respect associated with the term "marriage"?

3-a) If the dignity, culture, and respect associated with the term "marriage" are rooted in religion, and have through the ages become enmeshed into a legal institution, wouldn't it make more sense to follow the secularization process and eliminate "marriage" and its religious baggage from law, and give it back to the community it came from for them to do as they please with it?

3-B) If the dignity, culture, and respect associated with the term "marriage" are rooted in a particular religion that does not approve of gays, is it unfair to demand that these religious groups allow homosexual couples to appropiate the term as their own?

4) Am I making any sense? Does anyone see where I'm getting at?

Obviously it's unrealistic to believe that marriage will be removed from the state and given back to the church, but in essence, wouldn't it be the same to make all couples desiring to get hitched become civil unions, regardless of sexuality, and giving them all the benefits that marriage provides at the moment?

1. Is there a substantial difference between marriage and civil union? Yes. Ever heard the phrase "Separate but equal?"

3a) Sounds like a perfect idea, the government gets tangled up in religion with this one.

3b) Of course, but many religions have already accepted gay marriage (notably reform judaism).

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

when you get married, your not taxed as much. so to all the gays that get married (there must be alot in the US) its just lost money for the government. theres my contribution.

so whats your contribution?? well no shit the government losses money and the individual gains. why should they discrimminate because of sexual preferance.

plus one of the so called beliefs of the republican party is to keep government out of individuals lives as much as possible....well, unless it goes against their beliefs.

and fucking look at this quote from the republican oath:

"I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity as well.

I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideas with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view."

from

REPUBLICAN OATH

wow, could of fooled me.