the passion of the christ

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by When

yes, unless im wrong.

almost

Eric Draven: Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one: Jesus Christ walks into a hotel.! He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks...

Eric Draven: Can you put me up for the night?

I just watched this yesterday, so it was fresh off the dome. not too mention I read the comic a jillion times when it came out, and for some reason this scene really stuck out in my mind.

oh and to get back on topic, Anyone else see Mel Gibson on Leno last night? It was a really good interview with him, pretty funny, but also nice to see Mel talk about it, esp. after all this crazy hype about it. Its nice to see someone who really wanted to make something...and didnt stop for anyone else.

Originally posted by yoink

almost

Eric Draven: Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one: Jesus Christ walks into a hotel.! He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks...

Eric Draven: Can you put me up for the night?

fuck! oh well thanks for the real line.

i was at the movies trying to catch this movie on wed. but it was sold out.

anywho, i saw monster which was really good. after i get out, there

was this really normal chick maybe in her late 20's but she had little

horns on her head, but it wasn't like cheapy costume store horns. it

looked like real horns! i think she was going up the escalator to watch

'passion'.

i saw the movie last night. the whole thing is in hegrew so get ready to do some reading but other than that it was pretty well done.....very very violent and brutal and the thing is that this actually happened it is based on something real.....i'll tell you one thing mel gibson didnt sugar cote anything in that movie......go check it out:cool:

I was at the theaters yesterday and saw the crowds going to see passion, all screens were sold out....I was hoping to see some schmucks dressed up, but I did see a redneck straight outta the trailer blonde lady, mullet and all wearing a black t shirt that said 'REBEL WITH A CAUSE" and had a picture of christ on the cross. rock on mullet lady.

I saw this on friday.

being raised catholic, although i haven't been to church in 10 years, i knew the story and thought it was a "realistic" (maybe a bit exaggerated) representation of what would have happened

back then to a guy who was considered a heretic by the religious leaders.

this next part is for people who saw the movie:

This guy who works with me has a degree in religious studies and is studying to be a minister, and he saw a preview of The Passion and he said Caiaphus(sp) (the head Jew), was represented as a much more rounded character than in the final release.

As you know, the movie is subtitled, and what he told me is that they left out some of the subtitles in the final release and that it made him look alot more cruel than in the preview he saw. The scene specifically he was talking about was when Pilate (the head Roman) was washing his hands of the whole deal. what he said was cut out was that Caiaphus was saying "isn't it better for one man to die for the sake of the peace than hundreds die for the life of one man?", which would have made him look like he was looking out for the general good of the population rather than trying to put down some guy who was out to cause trouble.

i saw this movie on saturday and i thought it was awful. i walked out of the movie theater before the film finished. i do not need to see that much blood and violence. i went with the son of a missionary and he said that the story wasn't in accordance with anything he has seen either.

YUCK.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by destroya

btw: mel gibson is in the movie.

it was mel's hands that nailed jesus to the cross.

now im not a movie buff/critic, and i realize its just my opinion, not for the sake of being disagreeable, but i hated it. i thought it was boring and repetitive. it was the same two scenes for 2+ hours. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying.

maybe it was the space i was in, but i didnt care for it at all.

brutal? yea.

mel credit for putting his heart, soul and money into something that he believed in? yes.

did i like it? no.

well i finally saw it.. all i can say is two thumbs up - lots of action, lots of laughs, lots of suspense.. if you thought that the texas chainsaw massacre was gorey.. wait til you see 'Passion' - an instant classic! when homie looks up at the camera and then they yap his mug with the hook whip, me and the homies lost it up in the theatre.. 2 thumbs up

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

it was mel's hands that nailed jesus to the cross.

now im not a movie buff/critic, and i realize its just my opinion, not for the sake of being disagreeable, but i hated it. i thought it was boring and repetitive. it was the same two scenes for 2+ hours. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying. jesus going thru hell, mary crying.

maybe it was the space i was in, but i didnt care for it at all.

brutal? yea.

mel credit for putting his heart, soul and money into something that he believed in? yes.

did i like it? no.

I totally agree with you 100%...BUT, I read up a bunch, and I don't think they were trying to make a good movie. They were trying to accurately portray Christ's Passion/Suffering. Which they did very well. But, as a movie it was weak on most levels.

I just saw this sunday night. I thought it was a very powerful film. Sure I would have liked it better if it was more accurate but as far as the common western idea of christianity goes it was spot on. I actually cried during it but don't fucking tell anybody!