the passion of the christ

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

That's what I'm saying... since he obviously wants to spread the message as far as he can, the hype machine goes beyond money-making purposes. But I'm sure he doesn't mind making that money anyways.

i made a thread about this movie like 2 days ago. and i heard that one of the jesus actors got struck by lightining while filming the movie. i still have yet to find out if it is true.>>>

i saw a preview for an interview with the guy who played jesus on tv. he said he got struck by lightening and some other crazy shit- i can't remember. ahahaha. i think it's funny god must not be down with movies about his baby boy

nah your prolly right, i havent seen that movie in the longest time, plus i was pretty young when it came out, but back on topic, im gonna see if i can go check this movie out today, ima try and bring my girl anyway...she likes scary movies...so a little flesh tearing and all that shouldnt bother her to much and then maybe afterwards we can have some religous sex or something

Originally posted by E MARTYR

someone should go into one of the showings of this movie and chant off devil chants an shit...

if you think the wrath of god is bad

i suggest you go do this

and feel the wrath of 150 pissed off god fearing individuals

Look forward to the movie but just one thing...

In the Bible it says Jesus had feet the color of bronze and hair of wool like a sheep. Also it is a historical fact that the first Hebrews were black. The region in which Jesus was born & raised has always been historically inhabited by a non-white majority.

Therefore it is wise to say that Jesus was not white, as portrayed in the movie and countless other pictures done by artists and imposed by governments and churches. Jesus was a man of color.

Originally posted by When

well dood in the movie certainly isnt black

but he isnt really white either

"Well dood in the movie..." :rolleyes:

That's exactly my point! The movie and the artists and the media portray him to be something contrary to the description in the Bible. And it has a white guy playing Yeshua so you might as well say they're portraying him as being white.

Jesus Christ. (no pun intended)

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by mental invalid

i heard if you look real closely over his shoulder as christ is dying on the cross you can see a guest shot of our favorite guy

Mysterious Face of Jesus Appears on Movie Prop

Thu February 25, 2004 9:51 AM ET

By Ellen Wulfhorst and Mark Egan

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of the Christ" further stirred up controversy during Wednesday's opening, after sharp-eyed members of the audience spotted what some claim to be an apparition during one of the film's pivotal scenes.

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/12oz/passion1.jpg'>

Still image from the controversial scene

In the scene, which depicts a bloodied, severely beaten Jesus being led to his place of crucifiction at Mount Calvary, what appears to be a small face of Jesus can be seen on one of the cross's arms. Scenes before and afterward show no signs of the same image.

The apparition has led many faithful, including Brenda Mogahan of Elmhurst, IL, to believe that "this is definite proof that the Lord has blessed this film, and it is His Will that all audiences should take the movie as the absolute Word of God". Others were not so optimistic, like Gabriel Penner of Gloucester, MA, who tearfully stated "We're all going to suffer a horrible (expletive deleted) death soon".

Penner's comments follow on the heels of a number of other ominous events associated with the movie, such as actor Jim Caviezel, who plays the role of Jesus, being struck by lightning during filming. In Wichita, KA, one middle-aged woman died of an apparent heart attack while watching the film's climactic crucifixion scene, a local television station reported.

http://newcamp.net/hector/images/12oz/passion2.jpg'>

Closeup of what is being called an apparition

Several experts and miracle-hunters have come forth stating that the same image has appeared before in several surfaces and locations around the world, which skeptics attribute to a worldwide hoax not unlike the crop circle phenomenon.

Producers and crew members of the film have not yet been reached for comment on the odd image.

(Additional reporting by Peter Nicken in Urbana-Champaign, IL and Jonathan Herschovitz in Boston, MA)

Archived