Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

Linux Operating System

Anyone of you out there use linux????

If you do the what are the pros and cons about it?

How does it compare to windows??

Also I've heard there may be problems using a cable modem with Linux, is this true?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bye

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

RedHat Linux

I'll do some more reading on it, it's my younger brother who is goign to be doing it all. I'm just interested in it now.

thanks Kilo I'll check those links.

ive been using slackware linux off-and-on for almost 7 years and recommend it. if you want to run linux i recommend buying a book (my first was linux for dummies), reading it, then install. make sure the kernal you use will support all the hardware you have too. if you have no experience using a command line you might not like it very much, but youll get the hang of it. a lot of people are intimidated by linux, but all in all i havnt found it any "harder" than windows.

i was considering switching over, but its a bitch....im sure you could find all these commads online and shit but you have to write a command for everything; such as your computer/ linux reconizing that you have a keyboard plugged in, a mouse etc. i imagine it would get quite tedious:o

i like the linux shell fore interacting with your computer and I found a ersion of it online to use with windows. www.litestep.com if anyone is intersted in it.

But I am just too lazy to do the full switch over and set things up so I stick with windows and just interact with it as if it were linux