quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just did 3.5 months, with the help of a friend. dude comes into my bar after hours and starts smoking again on sunday night, totally gave up on the pact. A few hours later, I took a drag(not a whole smoke) but in my book that's back to square one.

I think the problem is in the "I quit" mentality. There are things out there that are just as harmful as cigarettes that you don't stop using forever e.g. fast food and alcohol. Sure you may make it a point not to consume them in large amounts but you dont consider having one on ocassion as relapsing.

Smoking one cigarette doesn't have to send you back to square one.

Yes, it's challenging to do. I'm on 7 months now, not one cheating puff ever. I quit cold turkey and it wasn't easy esp. the first couple weeks and then now and then while drinking beers and other times that I'm used to smoking.

I'm at the point where it basically smells bad and I never want to smoke again. I feel better and it gives me an added sense of badass-ness because I control what I do and don't do.

And I'm like a rock star at the smoker's table at work. I still hang out there at break time because after 20 years, they are the only ones I'm used to hangin out with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I quit smoking close to 5 years ago now. I was smoking 2 packs a day. One of the big things I noticed is that my mood doesn't feel like a roller coaster anymore. People that are addicted to nicotine don't realize all the things that come with it. The nic-fit is the withdrawl symptom and if you notice people smoke and they get all chatty from the stimulant. Think "smoking circles" or the smoking area at work where everyone is gossiping so much. There's more toxic behavior associated with it IMO than just the smoking alone's affects on your body.

• 2 weeks later...

I smoked a pack a day for 5 years then the government hiked the "sin tax" so the price of a pack went up $10 a pack lol fuck that. A premium pack of cigarettes in my city costs roughly $13 a pack (Cdn dollars) still ridiculous imo.

One of the best decisions I ever made was quitting cigs. 10 years ago now since I quit.

Been off tobacco for 2 months now. Don't really miss it all that much, but I wonder how much temptations will increase if I have a night out. Luckily I am in a RN program so I have no free time. Also, I've begun to realize that people who smoke smell awful.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived