quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm currently cutting back in preparation for quitting in 3 weeks. i turn 30 on june 11 and that's been my absolute "i'm quitting" deadline for the last few years. any suggestions or reccommendations? patches? gum? cold turkey? i've been smoking about a pack a day for the last 15 years. the longest i've ever quit for is like 10 days.

also, i quit smoking the pot a week ago. i smoked multiple times a day for years, but surprisingly i don't really miss it

ya i stopped smokin chronic about 3 months ago. i rolled a couple L's for my homie n sparked it once or twice since then but anymore if he asks me to spin somethin ill just roll it n toss it to him. really dont even miss smokin chronic anymore. i still smoke blacks tho n drink beer all the time.

i haven't folded or fell off even a little but for some reason

im all wound up like i really need a smoke and i been quit

like half a month or longer now. Not annoying at all.... not

even a little

i guess it's been about a year since i smoked cigs regularly.

i was a weirdo: smoked a lot for many years then got it down to one a night. stayed there for like, 5 years.

then i quit, then went back to the one a day thing.

i don't miss it unless certain things happen, stressors really.

but fuck smoking that crap. i'm done.

I did almost a year without cigarettes and started again about 6 months ago.

I really want to stop smoking so I can get real fit again.

Do any of you guys have any tips to help kick the habbit?

Usually I can handle the cravings until I start drinking but now that I am working a full time roadworks job for summer, it's almost impossible to go a day without a few cigarettes.

my last vice, gone down to low strength but just can't find the motivation

gave up a daily bongs 4 years ago, share a joint every month or so, i'm bipolar so i get real lo between joints and then after i'm high for a week and slowly repeat this cycle.. anyone share a similar experience with manic depression / pot use?

oh and seroquel sucks balls

• 5 months later...

I know a dude that used breath mints and tobasco to quit smoking cigs.

Whenever he got a small craving, he used a breathmint/lifesaver to fulfill the oral fixation (/nh), and when it was a strong one he pulled his small bottle of tobasco out and put a drop or two on his tongue.

The spice releases endorphins and other happy chemicals in the brain, which reduce or eliminate the craving, and the burn on the tongue takes the mind away from thinking about a cigarette.

Dude's been quit for about 2 years now, doesn't carry the tobasco around much anymore, but there is always some in his car.

Good for you Morton,

My company hired this lady that offered laser/radiological/hypnosis cure for smoking.

I did the treatment about 6 years ago. I lasted 4+ years of not smoking, mind you I also quite the cannabis. (I was going to take care of my kid /chrisrockjoke. )

well everything was gravy until memorial day 2008. Hanging with my in-law – bbq, brews , food, long weekend. I suddenly had the urge for a smoke. That was all she wrote.

I was never a heavy heavy smoker, but for some reason during work hours – I puff like 10 ciggs.

So you could say I was a moderate smoker and maybe that is why the laser/radiological/hypnosis cure worked on me.

7 others from my job also did it, needless to say – I was the only one after 6 months that still had no smoke since the "treatment"

Smoked my last cigarette 25 hours ago.

STFU... go five years then say when you had your last one.

I "stopped" August 1st 2009, after (had to break out calculator for this) 18 years. I cheated here n there, but only a handful in last year and half.

Now I understand alcoholics that consider themsleves alcoholics years after they quit drinking.

The craving is always there. Not daily for me, but after a lot of booze at a party or special occasion, it eats away at you like acid on the brain.

Congrats on making a move, but it is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong long long journey to abstinence.

Drue,

Abstinence begins the moment a person is abstaining from whatever it is. By definition. Sobriety is a more nuanced concept which, I do not personally believe has to do with consuming nicotine.

I am not new to the concept of stopping the use of a substance. The last time I used meth was Jan 7th. 1998 the last time I used Heroin was March 13th 1999, the last time I had a drink was Feb. 27th 2010.

In each of those cases I made a point that it was the last time and have kept to it.

Now of course the future is uncertain and there is a chance that I could fall back on all of these but I do not believe that I will.

So, smoked my last cigarette 27 hours ago.

i havn't even attempted to quit smoking, but i notice i smoke less because im at work or school for 90% of my day. i tend to smoke more when im drinking at the crib, but their are times when i drink and the smell of cigarettes makes me sick, so im thinking my smoking days are coming close to an end without ever putting much effort into it.

Archived