quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my appetite is about the same.

but I'm crack-rock-additcted to cup-a-soups now.

I just cant get enough of those damn things.

I like tea and coffee well enough... but this is like MEAT flavoured tea.

plus they have like 30 calories, so it's not like being hooked on krispy kreames.

i'm so fuckin glad i found this thread.... i told myself dec 31 was my last day and since then ive been havin like 2 or 3 a day compared to a pack a day, but i think this thread was the kick in the ass i needed to really give up this fuckin senseless, nasty habit... i've had 2 today and thats it... i'm fuckin done....

all you kids with the multiple days, thanks... thats the inspiration i need to realize i can do it...

word... i feel good now...

Originally posted by test pattern@Jan 6 2006, 11:22 AM

a craving hit earlier. apparently they only last for 3 minutes from what i read. water is an excellent way to occupy the cravings. it's good, too, 'cause i know you smoking bastards are as dehydrated as i am.

exercising is a great way to get your mind past cravings...if your alone, get on the phone and shoot the shit with a friend..that helps as well.

last night was the ultimate test for me...just me and my friend hanging out drinking, smoking(that other shit), and listening to music. i grew up smoking cigarettes with the kid, and he was smoking the whole night...i wanted one so bad...one drag even! but i didn't...i woke up soooo happy i didn't. the thing that helped me the most was taking the present feeling of wanting the cigarette, and trying to transform it into the depressing feeling that i would of gotten if i would of fucked up and taken a drag)...that helped...plus i thought about my girlfriend(she wants me to quit).

a couple people at work quit on new years, cold turkey/....we're all on eachother's ass, making sure none of us slip. it's like a little support group.

my biggest advice...don't take even 1 drag....as soon as you've done that, you're fucked...seriously....this is like the 4th time i've tried to quit, and the only reason i started back up was by convincing myself that just 1 drag wouldn't matter(and this was after like 3-4 months of total non smoking).

good luck everyone...

good to hear you made it through nozaki.

like whyquit says:

dont think of the 20 seconds that the craving hurts you,

or the 10 seconds that you will enjoy smoking again,

think of the 100,000 seconds that you'll be happy you quit.

I got pretty tempted last night. Rum and pizza....

thanks guys...whyquit and i are on the same shit.

it's weird how certain things trigger cravings. sometimes it seems psychological, and other times it seems like physical. for example: if you're at a social event and get a craving, it's probably psychological...a couple drinks later you get another craving, and that ones probably physically related to the alcohol somehow. addiction is weird...my sister saw some guy run head first into a brick wall while she was in europe. he was trying to kill himself because he couldn't shake the craving for heroin.

I';ve avoided this thread until now because I cop this shit so much. I'm confident I could quit whenever I really wanted to

I've been smoking 5 years or so and even these days I can go without a cigarette for a day without even noticing. I figure I have it different from some of my friends who don't have a chance in hell of stopping

One day I'll make the decision that I really want to stop

Originally posted by 12:02p.m@Jan 8 2006, 01:51 AM

shit even when im sick i smoke.....i try not to but it just happens

i usually do but im way to sick to even put in the effort to smoke. i dont know why i even got up to get on 12oz. i just rolled outta bed, my whole body is sore and i feel like shit.

Archived