quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

Guest imported_El Mamerro

So, any advice on starting? What brands to pick, good lighters, holding techniques, etc... I just don't wanna look like a total n00b when I get started.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that depends...what look are you going for?

badass rugged cowboy type = Marlboros

badass urban type = Camels

badass thug = Kool Menthol (its like Ice baby)

ghey/cross dresser = Vagina Slimes

emo = cloves

hipster = some fancy Euro brand or flavored Camels

hippy = American Spirits

i can tell this thread is really gonna be 100+ pages... most of the comments are gonna look like this:

Today, 3:21pm

cool 12 oz user: dude i totally haven't had a cigarette in like 7 hours... im done forever!

then:

Today, 8:43pm

cool 12oz user: i just couldn't resist. newports for life.

newports for life.

I smoked a pack and a half a day for awhile and drank Jager by the gallons.....now I barely drink at all and am down to around 5 cigarettes a day....sometimes only 1 or 2.

I also had a problem with the "nose-candy".....but quit all that shit.....Fuck Coke.(hence all of my late,late sessions on 12oz....Nightowls....I was looking like the walking dead....the dark circles under my eyes at the time would make Ted Bundy look tame)

I'm glad all that shit is done with.

I'm finally feeling like myself again.....it's tough to overcome your vices.....but it can be done.

havent had a cigarette since about 11pm last night.. its damn near 3 now... i cant tell if im just over tired and lazy or if thats withdrawls? i dont feel like doing anything, and thats not usually how i am

i was irritable as fuck today tho, its kinda funny in recollection

Its day 5ive for me too, but... I just went to the shop to buy a coca cola, and i accidentallyonpurpose bought a pack of marlboros.

They are in my pocket... waiting... wait... I can hear them, they are saying... "smoke meeeee... smoookeee meeeeeee".

AWW FUCKKKK.

bump for all of you dudes on multiple days! that's incredible to me. i hope to join the ranks in a few days. i went all day yesterday until around 9 pm when i took four drags off of an american spirit for reasons unknown. i put it out and was pissed at myself for the rest of the night. no more slip-ups.

You need to get the nicotine out of your system. I dont think slowly quitting is the best way. That just drags out the discomfort longer than necessary. I mean. The first 3 days suck. The next 3 suck. The next 3 weeks i really wanted a smoke but i just didnt and eventually it was a non issue. After a while you have no desire to smoke.

If you wake up and have cigarettes readily available you are probably gonna smoke em. Start the day with no smokes and just deal

yo test pattern..... here's somethig I got from whyquit.com

The Law of Addiction

"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment

of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

When someone takes ONE puff they are right back into the withdrawl cycle again.

That or they just keep smoking. Those are the only two options.

So why take a puff?

way to go, you're a day away from one full week. That's a huge milestone.

days become weeks,

weeks become months.

months become years,

then you just never think about it,

like smoking is some distant memory.

(like wetting the bed or some infant shit you got over and never looked back)

Archived