quit smoking...

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT'S been a month for me and this has been hard! i have noticed i dont have a hard time when im out at parties or bars but i have the hardest time when im alone on some depressed shit reading ,drawing or just thinking. all those emo things used to go hand in hand with smokeing.....i want a smoke

Guest imported_Tesseract

Will be 2 months march 8th and not a single smoke. I feel way better, but truth be told. I drink ALOT! and i gain weight all the fuckin time. I have a new rule now.

As of the day i hit 2 months, i start a big effort into not getting extrememely drunk 5 night a week and stabilise my weight.

If i dont succeed within another two months (may 7th) i start smoking again. And thats it.

Good luck everyone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm quitting smoking today. If you don't hear from me in a while, you know why.

I'm probably going nuts, chewing on my toes, boxing my shadow, sticking needles through my eyelids, and chasing death in a dragster.

finishing day 4 my chest is tickelish,i get twice as many boners and im starting to cough up shit. i slept for the first 2 days,and i was a total asshole yesterday.today got a little rough,but yesterday was easily the worst.as i alienated nearly all of my loved ones.i am 25 and ive been smoking since at least 14 1/2 pack to a whole everyday its cool being able to smell a little bit,that comes back a little each day

one more thing,someone mentioned their wisdom teeth acting up.mine were impacted,but didnt bother me until i quit.now the pressure is building up behind my ears and eyes.i wonder if smoking deads the nerves in your teeth

• 3 years later...

(Damn.. there are a few of these threads, but this is the longest and best titled... I think more of this existed before the great crash of 09.)

Anyway.. it has been over three weeks for me. Three fucking weeks is 5x times longer than I have ever been able to stop before.

This time it is for good since this is the first time I truly wanted to quit. You can't quit because you think you should, I learned you can't fool yourself.

I am just too old & been yselfdoing it too long. I have been hiding it from my wife for a year & felt shady sneaking around and disguising the smell on myself. I also just purchased another home and had a son.... It is just time.

I know the evils and dangers... blah blah blah. I just used to fucking love it. If all you ever got was winded instead of dead, I would have never quit.

I am the last person who I thought had the power to do it, but I did and it's feels great.

The cravings are gone and I can breath again. When I see others doing it, it makes me sick. No fucking way I ever have one again.

For those of you still slaving to the beast... It can be done, there is hope..

I can't believe nobody mentioned this:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251182816&sr=8-1

I had tried to quit a couple times, after reading this on the advice of another friend I quit and felt great about it. 6 months later, haven't had one let alone the urge to start again

Damn, the Amazon users love that book.

I could have used that book a few years ago - but I don't need it now.

• 6 months later...

yea i stopped smoking yesterday and i feel miserable.

My chest hurts and is tight, I'm irritated and well. thats

all there is to it.

Became concerned after a week back i came into contact

with some asbestos. Seemed like a small exposure. Maybe

5 minutes in a ventilated area but the next couple days my

chest felt fucked up. No insurance so i got online and read

that asbestos/tobacco combo is a good way to kill yourself

fast like. Threw away the rest of my tobacco, considering

throwing out my rolling machine.

Shit aint sweet

• 2 months later...

Eventually you get to the point where

you no longer think about smoking. The

thought just doesn't cross your mind.

Before that happens shit ain't sweet.

Whats the worst is a week after you smoke

your last cigarette when there is no

nicotine left in your system and you get

blasted by one of those wrath of god

nicotine fits.

Giving away my smoking paraphernalia

ie: tubes and rollers was the last defining

symbolic gesture. Im done

im a smoker but i go for a week or so at a time without having a cigarette

i like smoking when im drunk but hate the colour on my index finger and the smell the morning after

im pretty much the same if im just sittin at home doin nothin

i wont smoke even if im out

unless im drinking or someone offers me one im good

i just wanna look cool!!!

Archived