So Nader is running again. Thoughts?

Poop Man Bob

Originally posted by seeking

the only thing i can pray for, is that nader is doing this simply to destroy bush. democrats can only go so far in their criticism's because they know they're no saints, and that to get anything accomplished in the future, they'll have to work in a divided house. but nader has the luxury of having no affiliation, no skeletons, and a body of knowledge that bush couldnt begin to fathom. now, how he'll be able to really get at bush, i have no idea. he couldnt get into the debates as a green candidate and he's sure as shit not going to do it as an independent. BUT, if he can find a way to get a constant voice, he could do incredible things for the democrats just by painting bush as the most evil thing in the world...which is not that difficult really.

i saw this as a benefits myself, but it depends on how the media treats him.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading a book today called "war on iraq: what the bush team doesn't want you to know" by william rivers pitt with scott ritter former U. N. weapons inspector. Written in 2002 staunchly opposed to the war in iraq. I'm a little late to the party but it's still relevant information to anyone interested in the TRUTH. This man spent several years dismantling weapons of mass destruction programs in Iraq. There is nothing there. It's all a lie. This is of course about oil.

Good to know that the pentagon press release made it into the miami herald. Though I'm not getting excited until it makes headlines and is on national television for at least a week. (that's what it takes to get noticed these days.)

I don't know why everyone is talking about how nader stole the vote. That's only one side of the coin. What of the hanging chads in black neighborhoods, the jeb bush conspiracy and the fact that dubya won the electoral vote anyways. Besides the last election was so dramatic it would not surprise me in the least if it was all an act.

I too realize the president has an extremely, extremely difficult job. I'm not attempting to state that the job is in anyway easy. To frame my argument in terms of your argument - I feel the job is too difficult for the current administration. The current administration has proven it is incapable of handling the rough times our country is facing. Therefore, another needs to be elected in its place.

For you - is there a point when you'd blame the country's problems on the president's ineptitude? Or will it always remain an issue of the job being difficult?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Bush addresses GOP governors:

"The other party's nomination battle is still playing out. The candidates are an interesting group, with diverse opinions: For tax cuts, and against them. For NAFTA, and against NAFTA.

For the Patriot Act, and against the Patriot Act. In favor of liberating Iraq, and opposed to it. And that's just one senator from Massachusetts."

I wonder how many helper monkeys it took to come up with that zinger for Bush...

Guest BROWNer

^pfff!

well i don't have much to add..except..the flat notion of

nader running = bush wins..i find that to be highly bullshitish.

also, it's amusing to see certain people playing off

the iraq issue as a no brainer so many months after the

fact, not just here, but in the media as well.

hold up now, who said afghanistan was justified. Does anyone think the pipelines Dick the prick wants to build there aint got shit to do with it. And Kerry. Fuk that lil bitch. He's made of the same cloth bush is. He's even in his same fruity in the booty fraternity. Yall play like President Kerry is gonna pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and quit sendin our jobs across the ocean. HAH! yall forget. Gore did win the election in 2000. Despite Nader.

My awful

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Actually, Nader got 97,000 votes in Florida. Bush "won" by 537.

Good call, im not all that good with numbers, but 97k does seem a lot more reasonable than 8k votes when i think about it. :idea:

Im sure most of you all know that today Bush annouced today that he was against gay marriage, even his choice of words seemed as if gay people were disrupting the standard of marriage, and it was clear that he frowned upon it/discouraged the cause. Thats messed up, im not gay, but i have no problem with gay people, and if they want to marry its none of my business. In no way is it effecting me, Bush is letting his Christian morals seep through his politics, to a secular nation.

Bush has a tough job, but you cant run for the job if you dont know what your getting into, especially if your father was once the president.

Bush just doing what ever it will take to get more votes, what ever sounds appealing to your average tv watching, SUV driving, brainwashed American even if it will hurt us in the long run.

Our economy would be better if taxs were higher, look at the countrys in Western Europe(Germany, Switzlerland, ect..) their economys are great but their tax systems are alarming compared to the american standard.

Poop man bob....im sure if you have read this you've found some errors in my facts, its mixture of hearsay/my own oppinion/ and solid facts...anyway if there are any errors feel free to correct me. Im always happy to learn more. :jpotato:

Re: My awful

Originally posted by Rimshot

Poop man bob....im sure if you have read this you've found some errors in my facts, its mixture of hearsay/my own oppinion/ and solid facts...anyway if there are any errors feel free to correct me. Im always happy to learn more. :jpotato:

It looks all good on my end.

I was just grabbing some food down the road, and I caught this huge sloppy as fuck Ralph Nader tag with a big circle and an X thru it. I could still smell the paint in the air. So I was looking around to see if I could spot the dude, and this black dude with one arm comes from out of nowhere (literally, he was walking off the freeway exit ramp). I didnt know if he was the culprit, it looked like he might've been frontin the fake arm and had a can under his shirt. But I believe it is the same person who changes BUSU tags to "Fuck Bush" slogans. I'd be pissed

Not tryin to get banned, i think one of the rules was to not discuss drugs and such..but there would just be a lot of curruption, lots of taxation upon the marijuana, and lets face it, a lot more cases of just bad shit happening..murders/car accedents/kids with bad grades:eek: and so on. Im no square, ive been to rehab and ive learned a lot there.

Seeks

Man, you are so right. Basing my vote on whomever will support and defend the Second Amendment is very short-sighted and not very sophisticated. But "first things first."

Ask the Jews et al slaughtered by the Nazis, Cambodians slaughtered by Pol Pot, Bosnian Muslims slaughtered by the Serbs and Croats, Rwandan Tutsis slaughtered by...well, you get the idea.

The U.S., with the most powerful armed forces on earth, has 1.8 million soldiers. We've got more licensed deer hunters than that in Texas alone. Nation-wide, we have THIRTY-ONE MILLION DEER HUNTERS.

Fifteen-to-one. Not bad odds. Guess which nation will NEVER have to put up with a fascist dictatorship?

I wonder if any of the hundreds of thousands of murdered Rwandans had diabetes? Oh well. Kind of a moot point now.

Go ahead, say it---"That could never happen here." Yeah, right. American totalitarians are ever-so-different from totalitarians everywhere else.

Go buy a rifle and several cases of ammunition. You will have immeasureably strengthened Democracy, and struck a blow for Liberty that most people in most other countries of the world can only dream of, because AN ARMED PEOPLE IS A FREE PEOPLE.

One of Adolf Hitler's very first acts was to institute strict gun control.

Don't stop a conversation for fear of hijacking my thread. Let it go where it takes you. But I do think Rimshot's fears re: getting banned are somewhat wellplaced.

KaBar -

Do you ever consider that a takeover of the government might not come in such an obvious form? That it won't involve troops storming your house while you try to pick them off with your .22?

here here, you wont know who they are.

know what i find funny is that in all these pages about the spoiler nader, no one mentions the simple fact that al gore couldnt even pull his home fucking state in the 2000 election, the state he lived in and the state he became a senator for. had he been able to do that, this conversation would be a moot point.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a little too much tonight to make it through all the posts (i probably made it halfway down the first page), but what i will say is this (and maybe it was said already):

a lot of people vote their wallets. i don't know how it is where everybody else is at, but right now, i know more college grads here (regardless of their degree) working manual labor than i do graduates actually using their degree.

that's no exaggeration, that's just the truth.

i know kids in high school who can't get jobs at the grocery store cause laid off, underemployed grown folks and recent college grads got those jobs so they can make rent and pay bills.

meanwhile bush spends $4 billion here for mars, $90 billion there for a war that we can never win. that's aside from the fact that we are using war as a tool to fight terrorism, a completely laughable notion. (as an aside, that article link was sent to me and described as "everything"... definitely worth checking out.)

the bush administration has spent hundreds of billions of dollars, but jobs have not really improved at all. do you think unemployed/underemployed america is going to vote for four more years of this? i mean, it's conceivable they will vote along party lines, but i honestly don't think bush has done enough in the creation of jobs to garner a re-election. the administration keeps saying that the economy is improving, and overall, it is. but that doesn't mean jobs are.

basically, he is running on a sentimental ticket, and sentiment doesn't pay the bills. a decent job does.

my prediction: if jobs don't improve by late summer, bush will lose. with a lot of companies outsourcing jobs to india, the philipines, etc without any government incentive to do otherwise, i think it's unlikely the job market will improve by then.

and for the record, i wrote in nader in 2000 even though he wasn't even an eligible write-in candidate in my state. the green party is definitely an extreme left party, and without their backing nader won't "take" as many votes away from the left as in 2000. i still contend he's not taking votes away from anybody. i think a lot of people who voted for nader in 2000 are people like me: if he wasn't running, they probably wouldn't have voted at all. my vote in 2000 was just as good as me staying home... nonexistent-god bless america.

Archived