More Money, Less Show

ounceaddict

Ive often heard that the less someone has something, the more that person talks about having it. It doesnt hold true though, in allot of cases. I for one know a man who is married and has a girlfriend on the side, I know he fucks them both allot. Contrary to the saying, he brags allot about his sex life. I know I would. Anyway, I myself am a runner (if you dont know dont ask), and make allot of money doing it. I brag about my money. I floss.

However, with the exception of drug dealers, it seems like the more money someone has, the less likely that person is going to show it. For example, I know a very weathy man who lives an average life with a normal car and normal house, but, this person also has a mansion in the Mediteranean and a Benz (cause theyre cheap there anyway) in the mansions garage. Its only a vacation house and a place for him to retire. He buys anything he wants, but he doesnt floss. He could have a lincoln town car, or BMW over here in the states, but instead he buys a Grand Prix in 1999 and still has it. I only use the cars as examples, but they represent everything that his status really isnt. or is it?

can a moderator email me at coolcocacolakid@yahoo.com by the way, I need to ask something before its too late. thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Flossing actually makes you a target. Perhaps there is a conspiracy by The Man and through "jig-hop" has convinced black drug dealers to floss in order to compromise their identity and therefore their security?

You really make that much money running? I thought you had to be an olympic athlete to actually make decent money running. I didn't even know they had cash prizes for the olympics in fact. I could probably smoke fools in the 100m dash.

i remember way back when i used to have a lot more money, people would always expect more. if we were splitting the bill they would always expect me to foot the larger half...or spray the hell out of my colognes on to themselves, always ask to borrow clothes when we would go out and return them months later......one thing i cant stand is cheap fucks.

which is why i think when people have money they dont brag about it at all, not to say i bragged at all but people knew of my almost $20 6 day a week job.

Guest BROWNer

i don't know if any of you have ever been in the

presence of real monied people before...it's fucked.

i can't put my finger on it, but it is a really fucked feeling..

for me there was this really odd disconcerting imbalance

of awe and disgust. very weird.

Originally posted by BROWNer

i don't know if any of you have ever been in the

presence of real monied people before...it's fucked.

i can't put my finger on it, but it is a really fucked feeling..

for me there was this really odd disconcerting imbalance

of awe and disgust. very weird.

do you mean like you see them drop loads of cash without blinking an eyelid and here you are trying to make ends meet?

that kinda feeling?

Guest BROWNer

well yea, not really that specifically,

but like the whole nine yards. the demeanor

of the people, their ideology, the mansion they live in(it was

actually their 'cottage'), the paint on the walls,

the carpeting, the chairs, their fingernails and

skin..everything.

i don't know, it was a long time ago, i might

have might have different feelings now

that i'm older, but i highly doubt it.

Guest BROWNer

yea it's probably that too..

i think it's a background type of thing,

like your upbringing and values, mixed

with your external view of you and your

economic bracket..

Sounds like remnants of what Nietzche wrote in his book "The Geneology of Morality" that before the advent of Christianity as a poor mans religion there was basically a might makes right mentality very prevelant in those days. Basically that the rich and royal families were the good people and everything they did was right and the poor were dirty and evil people....

Could still be in effect today on the low. Just look at micheal jackson.

Maybe so... maybe so... What's the point of really having nice nice stuff? Would you really care if you lived on an island what your house looked like and what your car looked like? Are we trying to impress someone? Isn't there a study that says that wearing uniforms actually reduces disruptions such as gangs and cliques? When people floss, it's my opinion that they want attention. Why else do people dress up to go out? People want attention, people want to feel different, people want to feel special... maybe because we are empty inside....

Miltons theory of the universe in 4 minutes or less:

The world revolves around sex. It's Gods way of making sure we replicate. If you floss, its cause you want sex. Look at Peacocks, if a peacock wants to get some hot peahen ass hes gonna floss like none other, spread his tail feathers, dance, whatever. Its the same with everybody else, rich or poor, you floss because you want to find the most attractive mate. Thats all, life revolves around getting laid. Why do men work so hard to make money? Because they realize that its the way to getting laid. Life is meaningless, accept it and move on...

!HCTIB SEMAJ KCIR MI...

nice one Milton, it sounds right to me. shit, I shouldve thought of that earlier.

yeah maybe it is to show off, mayeb it is for attention, but whats the attention for really? does it difer from person to person? Like, I would floss for sex, but others would floss to fill the empty void inside cause of a feeling of nobody caring about that person. I personally would like to say that I dont floss, but truth is, I do. The funny thing is, I floss, and its not for sex cause I have the finest girl in the world next to me, and its not for attention cause Im not the type to go around looking for sympathy. If anything, Im obnoxiously stupid.

these smileys describe me as aperson :dazed:

:confused: :love3:

There is a difference between talking about a topic a lot and bragging about it. If you have a banging sex life, interesting stories happen, people as a general rule love a good story, so you end up talking about your sex life. Nothing forced or lame about that.

With money there is a generation gap. My parents for example think that bringing up how much you make, how much an item costs, or things of that nature is very bad taste. Most people my age don’t give a fuck, they’ll ask how much something was or how much money you make, it’s just not the same type of issue.

Mr addict... do you think that perhaps your "finest female" is indeed a type of "floss" for some other kind of attention you need? Maybe acceptance or respect of your peers? Indeed at the points in my life when I had a fine female but was unhappy it was mostly to show off what I had... But why? WHY?

well Mr. Bradley, I never thought of my woman as a trophy once she was mine, but one of the first times I saw her I did think "she would look even better next to me." I dont use her or show her around to everyone, in fact, my car is tinted almost limo tints, so the public cant see me or my fine woman. She actually shows me off (ahem, I HATE to brag). You on the other hand, said that you were unhappy when you you and your woman hooked up. Me, I was not unhappy, and was probably in one of the best times of my life. anyway.

I know this lameass who is always saying shit like "yeah i'd hit it" and etc.. the thing is he's a virgin. he acts like he's some pimp when it's the opposite. so thats a little off topic but it just triggered into my mind.

I also know this queer looking fob asian guy who looks like he flew in from korea 10 minutes ago. He alwasys brags about his "hottest on earth" girlfriend, and how fast his rsx goes. too bad if he didnt have lots of money and a car that girl would probably not care for him. he has no personality and the girl is not even that hot. oh, and he made fun of my car because it's not fast and furious. stupid fuckermother.

I have this wealthy aunt. she does brag about her car that is so "rare" and yadad yada but she is also very giving. i feel bad it seems that people use her sometimes . she's my aunt and would love her the same even if she didn't buy me the stuff she does. however, there is some miscommunication. just because i don't carry purses in general, and didn't want to accept some gucci purse she got me, so she thinks its because i dont like the purse. I just am not comftorable with accepting things like that. anyway what the hell am i babbling about. .sorry.

off topic but what the hey.

Originally posted by Kettiecat

With money there is a generation gap. My parents for example think that bringing up how much you make, how much an item costs, or things of that nature is very bad taste. Most people my age don’t give a fuck, they’ll ask how much something was or how much money you make, it’s just not the same type of issue.

i wouldn't say generation gap...its just when you first start to make money you are proud of it and like to say you make so and so.... but once you've made it for a while and get a little older, shit gets personal... no need to flaunt. i have little idea of what my friends make... and it goes from little to substantial. investing and not wasting money gets to be alot more important as you get older.

and on top of that.. like the thread starter, people who aren't working too hard for their ends like to show it off a lot more, the money doesn't mean as much to them because it comes easy. but easy money is hard to keep constant for a long period, either for legal, moral or risk reasons. and once you actually feel like you're earning your money, it takes a whole new value.

hahaha, Im faaaaaar from a Tease follower. Truth is, I hate him.

hey lighten up everyone, shit, its like philosophical discussions and shit going on in here. You all arent gonna make any major breakthroughs in thought an shit, everythins been done and said already, yall are jsut kids. I, on the other ahnd, am going to chill out and go witht he flow till a revolution starts, then Ill move away to anothr place, like Hawaii or some shit like that wiht money and shit.

drunk.

:rolleyes: