1995 Saab 9000 CS TTUUURRRBBOOOO

Ok, 1995 Saab 9000 CS turbo, 5 speed manual, 17" alloys, tinted, intake, exhaust, 117k miles dude is asking $6000

I trying to talk the biznatch down to $4500 but he's being a dick about it since he has the rims and all that jazz so would i be an idiot if I paid $5k for it? I suggested $4700 and he said he'd think about.

Am I getting fucked in the ass here? I did some research and I don't think i am but I figured i should ask the population of 12oz.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest mikro137

old 9000's have electrical problems , but im not sure about later models. i had a neighbor that owned a 9000 and it ran until 350k , but the locks didnt work , nor did the windows.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Ok, 1995 Saab 9000 CS turbo, 5 speed manual, 17" alloys, tinted, intake, exhaust, 117k miles dude is asking $6000

I trying to talk the biznatch down to $4500 but he's being a dick about it since he has the rims and all that jazz so would i be an idiot if I paid $5k for it? I suggested $4700 and he said he'd think about.

Am I getting fucked in the ass here? I did some research and I don't think i am but I figured i should ask the population of 12oz.

what kind of service records does he have? did he beat the snot out of it? has he had any of the turbo parts replaced? do you know what those will be to get replaced if they fail? have you driven it?

what kind of accidents has the car had? if he says no get a carfax. how do the tires wear? have you looked at the underbody? if you don't know what you're looking at approach a local mechanic and have him give it a thorough look before you pass off cash. how does it handle? is the steering all over the place? what kind of gas mileage does it get? what kind of gas has he run in it? is he a dipshit who beat the snot out of the car? do you plan to beat the snot out of the car?

Ok, I drove the car today and I was sporting an erection.

Handling was amazing duder apparently "fixed some minor wear and tear stuff in the turbo" it's your typical 25mpg city 30mpg sub.

I had the VIN number checked out and it's never been in any accidents so that is a plus.

I'm having the guy take it to the saab dealership monday to do the whole diagnostic check up crap.

Everything with the car seems to be fine, only problem:

He's asking $6k today I offered $4k because I told him his head unit was busted and "I have to remove the tint for legal reasons." and he said no and I told him to come up with a number between $4000 and $4500 preferably $4001.

*edit - he replaced the clutch 6 months ago

not bad, guess you just gotta wait for the diagnostics to get back, seriously, you dont want to do much of anything before you know what your getting into with this car, is it gonna cost more than its worth to fix it? and someone else had a good question too, i think it was "how do you plan to treat it?"