Help a Degenerate find himself a new computer.

BUNBUNBIGGY

Peace yall.

Im looking for a new computer, preferably a laptop. I know you guys know about your technology and such, so why dont you help me find something. Currently, i am looking at a g4 ibook, i've heard good things about ibooks, but what are the cons? Also my buget is around $1000 to $1600. So dont go overboard. I will be using the laptop for school(reports and presentations), listening to downloaded music and maybe some photoshop fun.

Your opinions will be appreciated.

Peace and Thank you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

go to apple.com store

click on special deals

Refurbished Products come with the same one year warrenty as new ones and you can get an extended 3 year warrenty for like 250 (good if your like me and likely to drop it)

if your a student you can get even more of a discount 15% i think. so hit that up aswell.

I just got an Ibook G4 and I'm very satisfied with it, just make sure you get the eduational discount (its rather simple really) so you can save $100-$200.

Within your budget you can get anywhere from an 11 to a 17 inch iBook.

But if you're really looking for smaller size and more power, you might want to spend a little bit more and get a powerbook.

apple store

hey man, if you got hook with one of your professors, a lot of college bookstores actually sell apple computers. i got my ibook with big ass screen and dvd player, etc. through my dad (who is a college professor) for about twelve hundred, and it woulda been over $1600 with tax and all. hell yeah.

ps. - don't kick the screen. mine spidered and it will cost about a grand to fix. hence the ridiculous amount of time i spend on my girl's computer.

Apple is the way to go.

Since my dad was a computer nut back in the days before computers were really household items, I've been through every incarnation of a Microsoft OS from Dos through to WinXP.

I got an G3 iBook, my conclusion is that it beats the living crap out of my PC. There is nothing wrong with WindowsXP, it's completely usable, but OS X eats it alive.

My friend Collinwood Kid in East Cleveland, OH dumpster-dives computer gear all the time. They go to Comp USA, OfficeMax, and other places like that that sell computers. They score tons of software and read/write CDs, all kinds of computer shit. Sometimes there will be one little thing wrong with it, like a crack or dent in the shell, or a scratch--something like that. Once, they dumpster-dived about 50 of these see-through plastic clipboard things, like a repairman might keep his paperwork in--all different colors, red, yellow, green, etc. There was absolutely nothing wrong with them. Then the next day, Texas Mad Man went into the OfficeMax with one of the clipboards to see whether he could get more. They told him THAT COLOR was out-of-stock and that they no longer carried that iten in that SHADE of red.

How crazy is that? They throw away perfectly good merchandise just because the color is out of style.

I dumpster-dived a bunch of old business computers myself once--in a rainstorm--and after a week of drying out in my garage, we plugged them in and all but a couple worked great. Slow as molasses in January, but they still worked.

Archived