Wilks Barre PA (the remix)

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wilkes barre is about to try and step up. this place used to bustle with shit.. then the coal companys moved out and the area went to shit (this area skipped the depression because there was always a demand for coal). there is this "city revitalization" project going down.. they are gutting a grip of the old buildings in down-town and putting in new storefronts. they are also putting in a state-of-the-art movie metroplex right downtown.. if its done right, this area could pop. but the politicians are a bunch of fat greedy pricks who would sell their children if the price was right.. so those ass holes could fuck it all up. (the state gave a huge grant to the city to build a skate-park.. now if you ask em... their like "what grant?").

they would need to put in a dope coffee shop and a nice clothing store or some shit, and keep it poppin till late night in order for the cultural-pheonix to rise from the ashes. theres some good kids here, but since their is nothing to do, a lot of em get fucked w/ heroin and rot.

i used to throw some dope hip-hop shows.. i brought people like breez evahflowin and louis logic.. dope dj's and nice mc's.. some good talent... it just didnt pull the response i needed to keep sinking my loot in it. im sure ill start bringing the illness to the area again.. it just needs to pick up a bit so i will be able to afford it.

my wife and i just bought a house, and we both have a lot of faith in the area.. we need more good people around.. ive seen ghettos turn into nice spots from a few new people moving in and making it their own.

Haha, I hear that.

I'd lived in SE PA for most of my life and had to endure the hills, aka Poconos, with all its horrible conditions.

You could finish a slope in under a minute, then wait on the lift for ten.

When I lived in Vermont for two years it was a blessing.

word.. i grew up on high-speed quad lifts and mile long runs.. this shit is just comical. some how' date=' the kids around here get good.. im guessing its like learning to swim with weights.[/quote']

i never met anyone from pa who was "good". kier is the only one, and that dude was full time vt by age 17.

basically, outside of philly - pa sucks dick on all levels.

Archived