really bad rap music..

RIM THE JOB

am i the only one that really hates this crap...like nelly.jay z..ja rule.dmx all the dudes have zero talent but there making millions of dollars...these dudes even make up there own words when they cant rhyme..its pathetic...nelly...undalay undaly mama ie ie uh ohhhhh...what happening now....WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT! anyone could make something that fucking stupid..jay z...H to the izzo B to the Izzay shizzle to my nizzle you still dribble down in PA.,..man its pathetic..when i hear these fucking songs it makes me want to vomit...i dont know. ive just been thinking about how stupid this rap is for a while now..

[This message has been edited by Umpa Loompa (edited 09-09-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Is hip hop dead?

Thats the commercial crap dude. I went to an open mic night a few weeks back, there were some poets, some performers but the show was mainly comprised of severly broke emcees, dare i even use the term. These cats seemed drunk on stage, stumbling around on the floor as they "spit lyrics of tha top" or what have you about their community, consciousness, their philisophies (which they never bothered to explain) and all other types of shit. Nearly all of these kids were rhyming over some kind of Kweli beat, you get the picture. I don't know, it just seems that in order to be "dope" these days, through the word "conscious" into you lyrics, perhaps something about "the sciences" and never forget the ever illustrious "knowledge of self..." This is commononly buulcrap if you ask me. No one tries anymore, no one does anything new, exciting or different, well, very few do. Look at ugly duckling or j5. Both really great examples of new hip hop, but ugly duckling jsut does what was dope in the early nineties, and j5 in the eighties. I don't know, who's pushing the envelope? Most underground shit in the past two years or so pisses me off the same way the commercial shit does.

Originally posted by Umpa Loompa:

am i the only one that really hates this crap...like nelly.jay z..ja rule.dmx all the dudes have zero talent but there making millions of dollars...these dudes even make up there own words when they cant rhyme..its pathetic...nelly...undalay undaly mama ie ie uh ohhhhh...what happening now....WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT! anyone could make something that fucking stupid..jay z...H to the izzo B to the Izzay shizzle to my nizzle you still dribble down in PA.,..man its pathetic..when i hear these fucking songs it makes me want to vomit...i dont know. ive just been thinking about how stupid this rap is for a while now..

First of all it H to the Izzo..V to the Izzay. It spells HOVA. But anyway..sounds like you got a case of backpacker syndrome.

Guest chicken bone

i totally agree with Bare.

i havent bought a new hiphop record in a long time...

you should check out the new DAVID AXELROD album that mo'wax is putting out though, theres a song with RASS KASS in it and its mind blowing.. you should check out ABDOMINAL (sp??) & DJ FASE "The Vinyl Frontier" if you can find it.. i think they are from canada and the only record i have of them is that twelve inch. (the record must've come out in 99 or 2000?? or even 98???) umm.. you should listen to QUASIMOTO too. MADLIB is good, but i dont like it when he does stuff with LOOTPACK. i kinda like ANTICONS stuff but you know.. i'll stick to oochie wally bang bang.

i actually have nothign against club rap, as long as its at the club, and not in my headphones. the equation only works when a fine member of the female species is gyrating on my penis/lap and im bobbing my head stuffed with hennesy yelling the lyrics into the girls ear. and screaming with my boys. and sweating. and pissing every 2 minutes.

------------------

chicken bone!

theres still some good stuff....its just few and far between....once this suburban invasion dies down hopefully it will get better again....everyone wants to be hip hop....boring

i think chicken bone is the only one who grasps the concept of commercial rap....do you honestly want to hear a disertation on the current political state of south africa (just an off the wall example) while your drinking and talking to girls all night....a brainless activity deserves a brainless soundtrack....

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

fuck i hate when you forget to write in your password then it deletes your post.

the point was underground is boring now mainstreme is alot better..dont name about 30 groups and say you should listen to this its the good shit becuase chances are i already know it.

and stop dissing puff daddy. hes getting paid. hes already made his contribution. it was called BIG you hos.

i rember a while back, seeking said somthing about the underground being mostly white kids that suck, i would have to agree, granted, i like alot of it, and there are cool people that listen to it, but i think main stream rap deserves more credit than these kids give it.

ok, most of the rap ive been talking about, is all the commercial shit..i mean i give props to other hip-hip artists who dont make up words, have shitty ass beats..ect ect...and i know that some MCs are realy fucking good..using big words..telling stories...all that...but its just this commercial shit the pisses me off so much. and the H to izzo V to the Izzay...ok, so its spells hova...but what the fuck is izzo and izzay...not even real things in the english lanuage. here i'll make one up right now..and it will be just as stupid...

yo my name is umpa yo yo yo...yo..

umpa loompa, yo yo yo..yo uhhh..

come take a ride in humma

we smoke like shlumma.(my made up word)

whatever..fucking stupid as rappers make me mad..and rappers like.mosdef, talib kwali, mr.lif..and others are totally talented and i give them props..but cmon some of these comercials dudes are so stupid i sometimes think they are seriously retarted...especially when they'll have like 4-5 other dudes in the backround judt going uhh HUH uh o! uh Huh yo..cmon! its fucking retarted as fuck.. i.but ill stop now..

you are a very very sad man Umpa. go listen to (Your favorite underground group here)

honestly, im getting bored with some of the shit in underground man...i havent been buying that all that much. ive been pickin up most of the older hip hop shit i shouldve had, like pharcyde and roots, and things are very good. and what the hell are you talking about, the new Jay Z single is hot...it's a happy song, the beat is happy, it's dope. sorry, hip hop shouldnt be some washed up sap 'rapping' about how he's poor. lfksdfdfslkfklsklsd

Umpa Loompa: "I need to listen to my underground!"

: http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//tongue.gif'>utting record on his rca turntable..

".........I watched the sun float a thousand times around the moon, my moms died too soon / I abhor these mainstream hip hop emcee wannabes / I'll serve them a poetry verse. Yo DJ, play that piano loop again and those dusty drums..."

:Stops record

Umpa Loompa: "That was fresh!!!!11w2qwqesafd"

die

anyone who says Jay Z is wack obviously doesnt listen to his albums- just the songs on the radio- he has good wordplay - good vocab etc...hes better than most "underground" mcs.... ive bought one jay z album in my life and its one of the dopest albums ive ever owned..and i think ill get blueprint...since i hear its going to be fresh....

im sayin... kids that wanna hate on shit, tend to be white, suburban, and with no idea of what its really about... why dont you climb into your backpack, have your mom zip you up, then fed ex yourself to my house where i'll teach you a thing or two about hip hop... pretentious little fucking crybabies. 'jay-z doesnt represent the real hip hop' blah. run dmc was rapping about owning a fleet of cadillacs years before they had licenses... you have no fucking clue what your talking about and you sound like morons when you try.

Jay-Z is better than 99% of all underground rappers. I suggest you listen to 'Rengade' from The Blueprint..and hear Jay-Z and every backpackers' #1 hated-on target, Eminem. Eminem FUCKING RIPS IT. The wordplay and lyricism is fucking incredible.

What alot of folks dont realize is that theres more to being an emcee than just lyrics and breath control. Theres a look, personality, charisma, reputation, etc that goes into it. Thats why Ja Rule can make millions while most of the underground stays there their entire career. They just dont have the extra things which go along with it.

They dont have the ability to get your head boppin. It cant really be put into words. Some musicians just have the ability to make you feel it. Marvin Gaye, Jackie Wilson, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley - they all had it. In hip hop, Tupac was the best at this. For example, if both Juice and Ja Rule did a remake of 'Changes' by Tupac - Ill bet Ja Rule would be able to do it way better..even though Juice has nicer flow. The reason is, Ja Rule can make you feel shit deep down, while at the same time makin your head bop.

Yeah, well, i bet any rock band i like has more creativness and talent than any rapper has. WOO HAA!! and they can rock harder than any rapper can!! hahaha WOO HAA......

Fuck producing and tinkering with keyboards.

Learn to play an instrument fuckers!!

fuck (most) rap! muahahaha.

[This message has been edited by George Dubyah Bush (edited 09-09-2001).]

http://www.succubus.net/bitch/bitches/jae.jpg'>

why are you a bitch?

Haha, maybe the fact that I am egotistical, self

centered, selfish and spoiled? Or maybe just the

fact that I like to get my way and act like a brat

if I don't. There are far far too many reasons to

call me a bitch.

what's the bitchiest thing you've done?

I dated a guy who I did not know was married. I

found out but he didn't know I knew. I had not yet

slept with him at this point but was still pissed. I

went over to his house and convinced him that he

was going to get some, tied him up naked and

left him there. I just wish I could have been there

to see him try to explain that to his poor wife.

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

if you want some BAD rap (as in pretty disgusting), check out Brotha Lynch Hung. he is a pretty decent gangsta rapper, but his content is insane. he raps about eating babies and how he thinks he is the devil. just insane. pretty entertaining to listen to. i reccomend it to anyone.

"As I creep, picture every human that I seek

Slabs of human meat

Cause my kids gotta eat

I lives kinda deep, dark, up in tha cut

Where niggas load nines, and barrel-fuck a slut

Nigga, what? You ain't even seen me in my prime

Eatin' baby brains, baby veins, baby spines

I know they be cryin' when I'm cuttin' off the neck

I'm peelin' off the skin for some bacon-fried croquettes

Baby villain spine, that baby-killin' mind

A fifth-pound of gin cause I know I'm doin' time

So catch me now before I do my next crime

My kids' gotta eat, somebody's baby's on the line, nigga"

New Nas, Stillmatic, he disses Jay-Z. "H to the Izzo M to the Izzo" then he just goes on about how rocafella enjoys the company of men.

I used to like a lot of underground hip hop but a lot of them rap about how much skill they have on the mic and I could care less.

------------------

SLAP BRACLETS FOR THE 2K1!

Archived