** BLACK HISTORY MONTH **

Guest KING BLING

sorry my thoughts are a little unorganized.

Originally posted by BOSTONIAN

I PERSONALLY THINK BLACK HISTORY MONTH IS A CROCK OF BULLSHIT. SOME PESIDENT WANTED TO GET RE ELECTED AND WANTED TO HAVE ALL THE BLACK VOTES IN THE BAG. IF EVERYONE IS CREATED EQUAL AND FREE TO DO WHAT THEY PLEASE THEN WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY SEPERATED BY RACE AND FINACIAL STATUS. THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN THIS COUNTRY IS COMMITED BY BLACKS AND THE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME IS ALSO A MAJOR FACTOR IN VIOLENT CRIME.

I AM NOT A RACIST PERSON. AT LEAST NOT ALL THE TIME BUT HERES A COUPLE THINGS I AM CURIOS ABOUT, MAYBE SOMEONE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT.

1. WHY DO BLACKS STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT SLAVERY?

I UNDERSTAND THATS A HORRIBLE THING TO DO TO SOME ONE BUT 95% OF THE TIME THEIR OWN KINGS SOLD OR TRADED THEM TO THE SLAVE TRADESMEN FOR GUNS , CHICKENS AND DOGS. ITS NOT LIKE THEY WERE TAKEN HOSTIGE.

2. WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT LACK OF OPPERTUNITY FOR JOBS AND A CHANCE TO GET AHEAD IN LIFE WHEN THEY ARE 80% MORE LIKELY TO RECEIVE FINACIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS FROM UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES THAN A MIDDLE CLASS WHITE PERSON?

ITS LIKE WHAT DO THEY WANT SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR THEM AND WHEN THEY FINISH GIVE THEM THE DIPLOMA AND SAY HAVE FUN?

THERES MORE BUT I DONT FEEL LIKE WASTING MY TIME TYPING THEM. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE RESPONSE FOR WHAT IVE WRITTEN ALREADY...

OH YAH SIDE NOTE....WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL A FELLOW STUDENT ASKED MY HISTORY TEACHER. HOWCOME BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A HISTORY MONTH AND WHITE PEOPLE DONT..HE SIMPLY SAID EVERYDAY IS WHITE HISTORY DAY.

IT IS THE AGE OLD BATTLE.

<span style='color:black'>Well. Sure financial aid and all that is given out to minorities to help them advance. You would however be suprised how quickly that all goes away or is much more difficult to obtain when you have a criminal record. The first time my best friend was arrested was when he was 8 years old. He was in a store and opened a pack of baseball cards looking for a certain hologram card. UpperDeck. You know! The hot shit. The manager of the store called the cops and had him locked up even though his mom was there and said that she would pay for them. A fuckin 8 year old. There is no one here that can hold a candle to the amount of times he has been arrested. I think its easily somewhere around 40-50 times. (Sorry Im gonna digress here and go off on some shit that has nothing to do with Black history month.) He has always been one of the smartest people i have ever known. I think that his chance of living a normal life and his resentment towards police and white people would be a whole lot different if he didnt get locked up by two asshole white cops at such a young age. The thing is, that shit happens every day. Minorities are warped from a young age limiting their success in life. Its crazy when i lived in my old neighborhood seeing 6 and 7 year old kids throwing up gang signs and talkin about getting their older brothers to come through and kill people.

Its not just black kids though. It happens to all kids everywhere on different levels. When it comes to white kids though it's almost like...shit happens so deal with it.

This is some shit that i have talked about with a lot of different people and I have come to the conclusion that there are so many white people that do succeed that the scale is tipped that the ones that dont are left on the back burner. The only reason that the scales are tipped like this is because we are a majority. There are a grip of successful black people out there but it doesnt seem that way because there are less black people as a whole so of course the ratio is gonna be smaller.

Im not saying at all though that black people have an equal chance in the world to get ahead. One of my boys applied to a car wash to send cars through. They talked all this and that about how they like him while he was there but a week later he got a letter in the mail that said something to the effect that although he has many qualities that they would look for in an employee, he was not qualified for the position. I applied for the job and got it the next day and didnt know shit about working at a car wash. It really wasnt that hard to stand there and push buttons on the key pad.

Sure there are employers out there that are color blind but I have seen the way shit really goes down and it sucks.

About the whole slavery thing... ahhh God. A lot of black people have tried this shit on me like "Your people enslaved the blacks." I just looked at them and either said "Shut the fuck up with that shit," or "My people came to this country around the late 1800's after slavery was done with and abolished and everyone in my family fought for black rights back in the 50's." Peoples perspective of me changed pretty quick. I'm not even sure what black people want with that. 40 acres and a mule? What are you gonna do with that shit? Plant cotton? (Yeah I got jokes!) But really though. Is it just an appology they want? Maybe enslave the descendants of slave owners? The shitty thing is what do they expect the descendants of slave owners to do? White people arent a corporation. We cant be held liable for some shit that happend 100's of years ago. I dont know any slave owners.

In conclusion. God Bless America.</span>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Daze One Million

fuck that every month is white history month bullshit, it just seems that way because black people aint really do that much shit but invent peanut butter, besides if its not like the traffic light or gas mask would never have been invented if this dude didnt do it, you cant argue with that

and i know ladies didnt invent nothing except a recipe for sugar cookies. white MAN history...

telo,

ive talked about that whole topic a bit in the past as well... that black people, to compensate for being fucked over in so many ways, focus exclusively on other blacks, and black issues, forgetting the ramifications it has on their lives.

last figures i saw, blacks make up 12% of the american population. which means 88% of the population is not black. thats a whole lot of people that arent black. yet to hear it told, america is split 50/50, and should be divided as such.

fuck that.

america is predominately white. that is not being racist, it is fact. there are more white people than every other race combined. it makes sense that american history would be largely dealing with white people. not because we dont care about others, but because the fucking country was started by white people. all the founding fathers were white. that's not racist, its just the truth.

now, all of that is not to imply that america isnt racist, or doesnt have its head up its ass in regards to how we teach things, because we most certainly do, but complaining about the wrong things, will never fix the right ones. there is not 12 months of black history in america. to be honest, there isnt a month of it. not if that was all you learned. plus, after the first year or two, you're just being told the same shit year after year. it's dumb. it's a pacifier, set up to make blacks happy, never mind the fact it should annoy them just as much as if it didnt exist.

i know this post has kind of jumped all over the place, and in parts, might even have seemed contradictory to my uptimate point, which, as usual, is that we should not be celebrating 'black' history month. we should be learning the history of america, learning every relivent, unbiased detail. we should be learning about how we stole texas from mexico, and hawaii from the polynesians. we should be learning about the civiil rights struggle in october, not just in february.

black people need to learn american history, because they are americans just like the rest of us. george washington carver, is no more relivent than george washington, and infact, much less so.

infact, from today forward, i will never refer to black guy as an 'african american'. unless he moved here from nigeria last march, he's american, just like i'm american. if there needs to be some distinction of race, then he's black, just like im white. no one ever says 'european american', even though my ancestors have been here less than 200 years.

so yeah, thats my rant, and somehow it all tied into telo's story.

bedtime

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

Have you ever noticed how the black characters in films and tv shows always end up gtting killed first?

YAAwwwwnnnnn......well, it's their own damn fault for pulling guns on everyone before sorting out the situation.

I'd like to state that in the original Dawn Of The Dead movie, the BLACK SWAT officer was the only guy to survive once all the white guys were dead, AND he got away in the helicopter with a WHITE woman to boot.

Quit your bitching.

Yes, I agree. I have always said February was the most racist month of the year. Even the word February sounds evil, and strikes fear into the mind of anyone who hears it. February. Its plain to see, any word with that many syllables must be ungodly. I say we boycott the month of February and anything else affiliated with it that continues to beat its war drum of hate (Valentines day, Hearts, Black people).

Originally posted by Daze One Million

fuck that every month is white history month bullshit, it just seems that way because black people aint really do that much shit but invent peanut butter, besides if its not like the traffic light or gas mask would never have been invented if this dude didnt do it, you cant argue with that

You're not black and probably not a minority of any sort...you just wouldn't understand, and no it's not an excuse. you think you have some kind of argument but you don't. Why have a St. Patrick's day parade, which just is a bunch of people irish and non-irish alike getting drunk over what cause? this month symbolizes a time to reflect on injustice and peace on this world... why have any kind of parade or celebration in honor of anyone while you're at it.......:confused:

Re: BLACK HISTORY MONTH

Originally posted by BOSTONIAN

I PERSONALLY THINK BLACK HISTORY MONTH IS A CROCK OF BULLSHIT. SOME PESIDENT WANTED TO GET RE ELECTED AND WANTED TO HAVE ALL THE BLACK VOTES IN THE BAG. IF EVERYONE IS CREATED EQUAL AND FREE TO DO WHAT THEY PLEASE THEN WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY SEPERATED BY RACE AND FINACIAL STATUS. THE HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN THIS COUNTRY IS COMMITED BY BLACKS AND THE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME IS ALSO A MAJOR FACTOR IN VIOLENT CRIME.

I AM NOT A RACIST PERSON. AT LEAST NOT ALL THE TIME BUT HERES A COUPLE THINGS I AM CURIOS ABOUT, MAYBE SOMEONE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT.

1. WHY DO BLACKS STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT SLAVERY?

I UNDERSTAND THATS A HORRIBLE THING TO DO TO SOME ONE BUT 95% OF THE TIME THEIR OWN KINGS SOLD OR TRADED THEM TO THE SLAVE TRADESMEN FOR GUNS , CHICKENS AND DOGS. ITS NOT LIKE THEY WERE TAKEN HOSTIGE.

2. WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT LACK OF OPPERTUNITY FOR JOBS AND A CHANCE TO GET AHEAD IN LIFE WHEN THEY ARE 80% MORE LIKELY TO RECEIVE FINACIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS FROM UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES THAN A MIDDLE CLASS WHITE PERSON?

ITS LIKE WHAT DO THEY WANT SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR THEM AND WHEN THEY FINISH GIVE THEM THE DIPLOMA AND SAY HAVE FUN?

THERES MORE BUT I DONT FEEL LIKE WASTING MY TIME TYPING THEM. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE RESPONSE FOR WHAT IVE WRITTEN ALREADY...

OH YAH SIDE NOTE....WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL A FELLOW STUDENT ASKED MY HISTORY TEACHER. HOWCOME BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A HISTORY MONTH AND WHITE PEOPLE DONT..HE SIMPLY SAID EVERYDAY IS WHITE HISTORY DAY.

IT IS THE AGE OLD BATTLE.

I don't totally agree with blacks bringing up savery, but the same argument can be made with jews and the holocaust, should they be unheard just because they didn't go through it and their family did?

and there are tons of arguments to scholarships and everything. Look at the schools and education available in black neighborhoods ... they do not have the same oppurtunity as a lot of people and even if they did work hard where would they get the money if they did make it some need a ltitle extra help...and i'm not using that as an excuse because people may take advantage of it but how can you draw the line with who deserves it and who doesn't

again you aren't black or from a black neighborhood or have to go through daily life experiencing what a black man or woman does ... don't judge a whole people over what you "know" from a few. i know a lot of stupid white people does that mean that all white people are stupid and thati should judge what they do or what happens in their life. Why do you concern yourself with how someone else is living focus your attention on yourself. It sounds more liek you are complaining and blaming your misfortune on another people, put your focus into succeeding... maybe you'll get somewhere

there are white niggers hispanic niggers etc etc

Guest KING BLING

John Brown was a man of action -- a man who would not be deterred from his mission of abolishing slavery. On October 16, 1859, he led 21 men on a raid of the federal arsenal at Harpers Ferry, Virginia. His plan to arm slaves with the weapons he and his men seized from the arsenal was thwarted, however, by local farmers, militiamen, and Marines led by Robert E. Lee. Within 36 hours of the attack, most of Brown's men had been killed or captured.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/images/4john26m.jpg'>

At his trial...

. . . I believe to have interfered as I have done, . . . in behalf of His despised poor, was not wrong, but right. Now, if it be deemed necessary that I should forfeit my life for the furtherance of the ends of justice, and mingle my blood further with the blood of my children, and with the blood of millions in this slave country whose rights are disregarded by wicked, cruel, and unjust enactments, I submit: so let it be done."

Ok i acutally read all the replies lola nd some people had interesting views on this or whatever. I'l share mine....

Personally, I don't think there should be a black history month... just teach what you learn there on the same timeline as normal history, you know? That's what I learn at my school... we jsut learn everyhting, black and white stuff all relevent to the time period we are studying. Black history month is stupid... it jsut seperates everyone more and starts arguements like these. Why can't everyone just learn history as being history instead of seperating it into different race history. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone else think the same??

And it's just with everyhting in general, it shouldn't matter. BET for example... I don't think it is needed anymore. Back when it was created not man blacks were on the other channels, however now it is perfectly fine so BET isn't needed but because it's there... no biggie, keep it there. Cept it annoys me that all these white people complain about it (btw I'm white) when they don't understand why it's there in the first place. Although some things do bug me like the black reality show and the fact it's just an all black thing. I don't see a need for it... it's a time where things are getting better and having these black only type shows jsut seperates the races more. You don't see a "white" survivor or something, both white and black people are on it. Just some stuff like that bugs me and isa bit of reverse racism, but eh whatever.

And here's another thing i saw mentioned on this thread I want to say something about. The thing with blacks complaining about the slavery crap... no blacks really do that, the ones that do... well they are just as ignorant as racist whites.

Anywayz dunno what wlse to say, maybe ill add somethin later if i read anythin or rememebr anythin i wanted to reply or state my opinino about.

oh and sorry this shit is so long, i type a lot.... lol