my open letter to the dean campaign and his supporters....

mental invalid

i know alot of you supporters have taken the initiative to actually write letters to prospective voters on behalf of your candidate, which i admire.

could you do me a favor and write a letter telling dr. dean that he needs to step out of the race for the nomination. please give him my regards, and tell him if we do win the white house, a large part, history will say, had to do with howard dean and his jump into the national scene, lighting a fire under candidates asses, rallying against the iraq war, easing the fear for people to question bush, making kerry a stronger and a better challenge, and making the democratic base stronger and better ahead of this election season. he will have contributed mightly to the win and should be content with that, and let know one deny him his place. but he should let the dream manifest itself into what it really is all about, no bush in 04.

and deans greatest hour is still ahead of him. he will be called on to enegerize his base, to call out his deaniacs to cast their votes. to use his influence to help push the party to victory.

but his time on the national stage needs to come to a dignified close. his campaign will be analyzed for years to come, why he soared, and how he dove. it was tremendous to watch, and i respect and admire the man. but his custers style last stand in wisconsin will end up no different for him then it did for custer.

certainly this has nothing to do with what some pundits say is the constant attacking, which only weakens kerry. look, kerry is either going to get attacked now, or attacked later, and he might as well negate those attacks now, and be able to reference that negation later on in the presidential debates.

no, this isnt about the attacks, its about the green kiddies, the money, the mulah. resources need to be consolidated, and used wisely against the war chest of bush. we have democrats who can barely afford to dontate 200 dollars, while whose 2,000 dinner shakedowns and handshakes are creating a goliath, a leviathan staring down at us and our causes.

now is the time for the parts to become the whole. circle the wagon, the winter of politics is upon us. rest up, gather the resources and the money and wait for the spring to begin to take the white house back.

this is what deans need to do and what needs to be done, for his legacy, and our future.

regards,

roe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

you wrote mightly where you probably meant mightily.

:crazy:

sounds good and its on point, do you think they have a chance of reading it?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hahaha, now go back and fix that crap...

No seriously, I'm super disappointed at the turn Dean's campaign has taken, not so much for thinking he was the best candidate, but because I really dug how his campaign was carried out... it shattered the status quo and involved new ways of getting the word out and gathering supporters, and I wanted to see that kind of campaigning succeed and set a new precedent. Now that he fell off sharply, I don't know if the campaign is going to be admired much... though it will be analyzed like crazy for years to come like you mentioned.

I want to agree that now is the time to focus all our energies on backing Kerry and defeating Bush, but if anything, Dean's campaign just demonstrated that the long-held belief that early momentum vastly increases chances of winning the candidacy wasn't necessarily true. In fact, the hype seems to build up so high, and so much energy is spent, that one mistake (like publicly going apeshit after losing the first primary) can bring the whole thing crashing down horribly. In the same way, I don't know if getting behind Kerry so soon is necessarily beneficial to him in the long run... we might spend our energies before the real shit hits the real fan.

I liked this a lot:

tell him if we do win the white house, a large part, history will say, had to do with howard dean and his jump into the national scene, lighting a fire under candidates asses, rallying against the iraq war, easing the fear for people to question bush, making kerry a stronger and a better challenge, and making the democratic base stronger and better ahead of this election season. he will have contributed mightly to the win and should be content with that, and let know one deny him his place.

You're damn right. Other candidates took the part of Dean that made him appeal to so many dissatisfied citizens and co-opted it as part of their campaign. And I don't blame them - it's what helped salvage Kerry's campaign.

But I'm not sure it's time for everyone else vying for the presidency to bow out. The Dems continue to get a lot of free press covering all of the primaries. The only reason the press is there is because there's still a contest to cover. Granted, Kerry has been handily winning all of the contests lately, but the press coverage will undoubtedly decrease if Kerry is the only one running.

Plus, the press coverage highlights the Dems "attacks" against Bush. Do you think the press would otherwise cover anti-Bush messages if it weren't coming from the mouth of potential nominees? Me thinks not.

So the effect of having Dean, and others, still in the race is twofold: 1) increased coverage of the Dems and their message; and 2) increased coverage of anti-Bush rhetoric.

WITH THAT SAID: I don't want a brokered convention. By the time the convention rolls around, I hope the other candidates bow out and hand the torch to Kerry.

i never supported dean.

i don't care for doctors.

his ever-morphing opinions, combined with his lack of a congressional voting record did not help change my mind.

i liked his influence on the campaign [in general] though, as everyone has noted.

hopefully the candidtaes will understand what the people want:

no more bush

with what PMB said and Clark dropping out today we will need some people to continue to keep this on the front page and in the minds of general americans ( as we are so easily lead to only think about the stuff up front, ie. last weeks news ) i hadnt thought about it that way... i was thinking we needed to find one guy now and keep the push going ... but without some drama there no one will remember by the time comes.

im still thinking the Bush camp will produce BinLaden in custody somewhere between 2 & 6 months before the election, but lets see.

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

you wrote mightly where you probably meant mightily.

:crazy:

sounds good and its on point, do you think they have a chance of reading it?

hahaha....well with mams critique of capitalization, and yours pointing out my less then stellar typos and mis-use of language and the fact that most times we as people dont listen to advice anyways, the answer is no, probably not.

by the way this started from another site, where some girl who writes letters for him, was talking about not giving up the fight....

honey...its over....

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I want to agree that now is the time to focus all our energies on backing Kerry and defeating Bush, but if anything, Dean's campaign just demonstrated that the long-held belief that early momentum vastly increases chances of winning the candidacy wasn't necessarily true. In fact, the hype seems to build up so high, and so much energy is spent, that one mistake (like publicly going apeshit after losing the first primary) can bring the whole thing crashing down horribly. In the same way, I don't know if getting behind Kerry so soon is necessarily beneficial to him in the long run... we might spend our energies before the real shit hits the real fan.

some good points....especially the ideas of how much is smoke and mirrors when it comes to front runners...who said he was a front runner, how much of it was media driven, and what happens to front runners who are in front to long...

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

But I'm not sure it's time for everyone else vying for the presidency to bow out. The Dems continue to get a lot of free press covering all of the primaries. The only reason the press is there is because there's still a contest to cover. Granted, Kerry has been handily winning all of the contests lately, but the press coverage will undoubtedly decrease if Kerry is the only one running.

Plus, the press coverage highlights the Dems "attacks" against Bush. Do you think the press would otherwise cover anti-Bush messages if it weren't coming from the mouth of potential nominees? Me thinks not.

So the effect of having Dean, and others, still in the race is twofold: 1) increased coverage of the Dems and their message; and 2) increased coverage of anti-Bush rhetoric.

WITH THAT SAID: I don't want a brokered convention. By the time the convention rolls around, I hope the other candidates bow out and hand the torch to Kerry.

those are some mighty fine and interesting points...i hadnt thought about that, especially the press coverage.

its like in business where you always want atleast one competitor.

Guest BROWNer

poopy man is totally on point with his comments..

i dunno, i think the press made WAY too much of an

issue with dean's little thing. i mean it was pretty funny

and kinda whoa-inducing, but i don't think it merited

the retarded level of press scrutiny..

Originally posted by Nekro

Edwards, the former lawyer, would absolutely slaughter bush in debates. Imagine bush tripping over himself while edwards uses the silver tongue to finesse the nation's swing voters.

no shit there .. that would be one hell of an entertaining debate.

Ok, now normally I really don't care/care to think of politics or life in general.

But if Dean makes it, I think he'd get my vote.

I mean if a man is that passionate during a speech, I feel that he would be a good leader. And maybe finally we can extridite(thats not a real word, I dont think; but look how intelligent it made me sound) those damn blacks back to Africa.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

i think what they were trying to point out was that dean's cornball ass wouldnt make a good president.

:lol:

It didn't stop bush from becoming president. Then again what WAS stopping bush?

Eh, I like dean... The media focusing too close on small matters often obscures the big picture. He might mouth off too much but really when he sits down and refines what he's doing it's good. The only reason I think he was acting like that honestly is that he was desperately trying to have such a broad appeal he wound up contradicting himself. He really takes seriously getting bush the fuck out of office. I honestly think his intentions are good. And so he became the sacrificial berserker who ultimately paved the way for the much more mild mannered kerry to step up.

Kerry... I can't say much about him. My knowledge is admittedly limited. Seems like a quiet backstage man but seems to know politics and stand for what he believes in. He has a good track record as well. I know he's concerned about environmental issues and that's really the main thing for me. If you care about the environment you care about everything. Still don't know much about him... and haven't seen much... well I don't have a tv right now so that doesn't help.

And what's with this new philosophy that republicans are idealists and have to flesh out what they are doing before hand (a handy excuse for bush not debating live) and democrats mouthing off (as dean conveiniently made a spectacle of himself). Tradition has always held that democrats were the idealists... The only ideal bush seems to have is a river of oil flowing from his garden hose. Why bush was acting like the good ole boy, acting like everything was all good... nothing was wrong in the world (which is a complete lie) until 9-11 happened. I can just imagine what happened that day in the white house....

*bush frantically calls the CIA*

bush:"WTF!?!?!"

CIA:"Terrorists. Here we have a whole list of them. And look, a guy named Osama Bin Laden is on top."

bush:"Fucking sand niggers! Let's get them! Might as well put that natural gas pipeline in there too... maybe even take the second largest oil reserves in Iraq. I'll be damned if I hadn't thought of this myself."

CIA:"We did sir... and we expect a nice payout."

bush:"Figures..."

And so unfolds the most fucked up administration since nixon. I can't believe this happened in a more "civil" and "equal" and "politically correct" america. My faith is shattered.

Kudos to Dean though for being like the only one who wasn't asleep with the sheep while the wolf crept deep in the fold. Even if they had to make him look like a crazy in the end. Damn shame. Damn politics..... Wtf

Originally posted by BROWNer

, but i don't think it merited

the retarded level of press scrutiny..

seriously...i mean it was funny and i kind was dumbfounded, but the more i read about the rally the more i understood that you needed to be there to really see it in its entirety...blown way out, like a certain nipple right now.

Uh oh ...

There may be trouble brewing on the Kerry campaign.

Check Drudge: http://www.drudgereport.com/

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 12, 2004 11:45:28 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**

**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision not to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

MORE

-----------------------------------------------------------

Filed By Matt Drudge

Reports are moved when circumstances warrant

http://www.drudgereport.com for updates

©DRUDGE REPORT 2004

Not for reproduction without permission of the author

I know that Drudge is a whore, but the fact that all he's really doing is leaking a story being investigated by Time, the AP, ABC, etc., leads one to take it with a few less grains of salt. This could get interesting.

Archived