whats YOUR favorite band?

weenis

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I always prefered Nirvana to Pearl Jam....they had a heavier/more punk style to them.....

Psh, I know you don't want to take it there...:D

Nirvana definately had a more punk edge to

them.. but Pearl Jam came hard on a lot of

shit. Why Go, Deep, Porch, Blood, Animal,

Satan's Bed, Spin The Black Circle... all stand-

out heavy tracks.

All my friends liked Nirvana more... I was always

more Pearl Jam/Primus back then... damn 6th

grade was a long fucking time ago...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by slave_one

i can listen to their albums and not get sick of it...classic stuff

my mom never let me wear GNR shirts bcuz they had skulls on them. i loved the artwork - i used to copy it all the time.

hahahaha.....i so hear that. I couldn't buy their albums because my parents wouldn't let me listen to them. I got my friend to tape them all and listened to them on headphones every night (I was about 8 years old). I finally bought them when I was like 12.....

There was a period where I only listened to them, and I mean ONLY, and I mean like a 2 year period. Their CD's never left my stereo, their tapes never left my walkman. I bought all their videos and watched them constantly. Kinda sad looking back.....

I put Use Your Illusion 1 on a few weeks back, having, admittedly, not listened to it in a few years. I was amazed that I could still recite every word to every song, air guitar to every riff, and did Axl's little side-to-side swagger on my bed for hours.....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I remember I used to constantly look at an illustration on the liner notes on Appetite for Destruction. There was a boob in it. Also, a giant terror dog robot, but the boob was what got me every time.

Originally posted by slave_one

you're the dude with the long hair in the I WANNA SEE YOU thread, right?

if i'm wrong, i'm sorry...my bad

Yes....but the hair is gone, now. I was going for the Duff McKagan look....

And Mammero.....I too felt a rush of sexual liberation the first time I looked at that picture. And the second. And the third. And the fourth.......

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by test pattern

i'm serious about the mountain goats. i spent about two or three days crying around 4 times a day every time i heard a few songs. john darnielle's writing is so powerful. consider yourself lucky if you ever get the chance to experience the mountain goats.

PLEASE BALEEB i am going to see him live this monday. fuck you, im gloating. and yes, no children had me near bawling the first time i heard it. going to marakesh and youre in maya, which is unreleased i think, and a million others too.

Originally posted by im not witty

please believe im going to see him live this monday. fuck you, im gloating. and yes, no children had me near bawling the first time i heard it. going to marakesh too.

narakaloka, prana ferox, alpha negative, there are too many that had me in tears.

YOU BASTARD. HE WON'T COME BACK HERE. i'm seriously considering roadtripping it to go see him, because no one goes to houston.

Guest im not witty

he actually played free in the local record store a while ago, before i knew any better than to check him out. i was fucking pumped when i heard he was coming anywhere near here again. its a bit of a drive but i will be there with bells on. and drink on/in my belly. im not familiar with any of those songs. ninja has almost as many as johnny cash. just a huge discography. im super excited.

he came here a couple of months ago. i wish he did free record store sets around here. i would seriously skip a wedding to go see him. or my mother's funeral. the wedding would be easy, my girlfriend's as crazy about the mountain goats as i am.

anyhow, i hope he comes back here to houston real soon.

what are some of your favorite songs?

Guest im not witty

alot of the stuff i have is live recordings from near here. chapel hill, nc and stuff. it really dissapoints me the shitty recording on alot of his albums. i know hes going for that raw tapedeck feel, but it just angers me. he sounds soooo much better when its clean like on tallahasse, which is the only album i actually own. the rest has been downloaded.

commandante.

yoga

youre in maya

trash (suede cover)

i think ill just stay here and drink(merle haggard cover)

no children

#12 and 14 on the tallahassee album, i dont know the names

going to marakesh

short song about the freeway

seed song

lots more but i get the names confused

yea i was supposed to be taking this girl with me to the show, and shes a pants pissing fan too, i cant think of anything more "romantic" but now she has people coming to visit in town and might not come. fuck it , im going with or without.

oh no! tallahasse is his worst! the tapedeck feel is amazing and it is a very effective way to record. ( i know by experience)

tallahasse is great. very great. he has some extremely powerful similies, but he has a lot better songs about the alpha couple. luckily, he is not experiencing that horrible "artist downfall" that happens to the greats yet. we shall all be healed is hundreds of times better than tallahasse. sweeden is a great full length. the beautiful rat sunset is amazing, so is.. fuck it. everything is. i have about 2 gigs of mountain goats mp3s. probably about 8 or 9 live sets alone.

Guest im not witty

OH SHIT, how could i forget...there will be no divorce. which is the first song i heard of his and was just blown away. i hate to do this, because lots of people aint tryin to hear it. but to me, dude is like a male ani difranco. really personal songs, with simple structure but played almost violently at times on an acoustic guitar, full of wild poetic shit, and obscure but right on details. shit rules.

i dont have anywhere near that much of his material. 2 fuckin gigs?! but i can see how one might aquire such a thing over time.

Originally posted by im not witty

OH SHIT, how could i forget...there will be no divorce. which is the first song i heard of his and was just blown away. i hate to do this, because lots of people aint tryin to hear it. but to me, dude is like a male ani difranco. really personal songs, with simple structure but played almost violently at times on an acoustic guitar, full of wild poetic shit, and obscure but right on details. shit rules.

i dont have anywhere near that much of his material. 2 fuckin gigs?! but i can see how one might aquire such a thing over time.

they're not personal at all. (i'm not trying to sound like a dick, just want to kinda tell you some more stuff about his work you might not know.) the alpha series is about a couple that wants to be divorced, but can't find the strength to do it. they also don't want to be the weak one and succumb to the marriage, so they stay at each other's throats.

FUCK i iwl explain more in the future! i have to go run some errands. stay in touch. hit me on aim= rip gnarly

if you want some more shit, etc.

part 2: 2fast2imnotwitty

the going to ____ series is kind of about how people are always like "life would be so much cooler in _____" that kind of mentality is all wrong, for the most part. it's not going to make your life better to move to a different city. your life is what you make it. those songs are about people thinking they're going to make their life better by moving around, but it never really works.

Archived