!!!TERRORISM!!!

erosie

...just wondering from across the pond ...what's all this war-against-terror shit doing to graffiti-writers in the US, after 9/11 and turning the country into a police-state...making writers easy targets for searches and suspicion...is there a big difference?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah, it's had an impact.

a friend of mine was busted just after 9/11

he thought it was likely because of highly 'vigilant' citizens

another friend of mine, geographically nowhere near the other dude, was basically threatened with terrorism charges during some shit he faced (over graffiti). the fbi wanted information, and came down hard.

because of the attacks, you can no longer bring spray paint on a carry on.

and you need a passport now to enter the u.s. from canada, which fucked me up.

^^if by did things for them you mean profited from jewish prison camp labor, then yeah...

terrorism is a boogieman. getting up is just as hard or easy as it was before, but more citizens look at you if you don't "fit the neighborhood". i got stopped by a rentacop the other night, walking down the street because he was concerned i was lost. i had to explain that i lived there, and he didn't believe me, so i walked away. i got followed by a police car for two blocks until i went into my building and waved goodnight to them, then they drove away.

...sounds pretty fucked up. Spreading fear for political power-reasons is a pretty wellknown strategy throughout history...from the romans to Hitler...he used this tactic for his own reason too...using riot-groups to break things down and spread fear, and after that saying he was the man to fight this "terror"...sounds like history repeating over and over. Last time i was in NY i was surprised to see the complete madness in the airports...all people lined up taking off their shoes...why? As if someone is stupid enough to try this bombshoe trick twice...it has a complete other purpose ofcourse...showing who is in control and that EVERYTHING IS DONE to stop terrorism. It seems strange to see the protection of a "free" country happening by making the country anything BUT free, spreading fear and suspicion.:innocent:

i wouldnt say we live in a police state yet. not any more than we ever did anyways. why is that the way the media over there is portraying the situation over here?

the changes arent really everyday apperent. not in my existance, then again i'm not a world player terrorist either.

...it's not so much what the media over here says about your "police-state"-country...mostly much that is said about the US is not far away from what is actually happening over here as well...look at the situation in France for instance and how effectively graffiti-"terrorists" are fucked there...it's more that the policy of the US seems to be quite simple as it comes down to "terrorism", affecting all...so also people in the street i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Since 9/11 mr Bush has been able to uses the threat of terrroism to get what ever he wants, from Unjustifeid wars to endless homeland security laws. Altough you may not notice the changes in your daily life, the government is slowly taking complete control of our lifes keeping us living in fear by using the mass media to drill our heads with violent images over and over and prevent us from seeing the whole truth . I feel we can use graffiti to provide our on message and try and get the truth out there.

OSAMA BIN LADEN is Dead and was long before 9/11 so dont believe the hype.

Archived