**THE PERSCRIBED MEDS THREAD**

rebsBK

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i probably would take anti-depressent drugs, but every warning says "sexual side-effects."

fuck that.

yeah, thats one problem with them, others happen too, you cant drink anymore, ill look some more up at work this weekend, and come back with so much knowledge, not really, but ill look some up

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by onesecondple

celebrex is a cox 2 inhibitor, which basically means that over long periods of time, it wont eat away your stomach lining, things like naproxen does this, celebrex wont...

yeah.. it was supposed to replace the need for those 800mg ibopufrens that eat the stomach lining . But Celebrex was weak , it didn't do a damm thing for the nerve inflamation like the doc said it would and at $3.00 a piece I discontinued use for sure.

Originally posted by BIGBLUE

yeah.. it was supposed to replace the need for those 800mg ibopufrens that eat the stomach lining . But Celebrex was weak , it didn't do a damm thing for the nerve inflamation like the doc said it would and at $3.00 a piece I discontinued use for sure.

yeah, its an expensive drug no doubt, but i use it for my knee's, it works rather well for me. There are other in the same class such as bextra and .....damnit, cant think of it, vioxx is the same medicine class too, but thats not what i was tinkin

• 2 weeks later...

Hiyooo!!

I have no respect for people who med themselves up over depression or the various AD syndromes.

To put it bluntly and dumbly, just don't be a fuckin pussy.

I think ADD is just a cop-out for mothers whose children didn't turn out to be as bright as they had hoped for. I garauntee, I'd be a poster child for this so-called "disease", had it not been for my grades in school.

Yet that of course brings us to the nature via nurture boggle.

I'm a functioning alcoholic / nutcase and I recognize it.

Feel free of course to disagree, but I believe that prescription drugs lead only to more problems.

I'm drunk, and have never drank so much goddamned wine before in my alky career.

3 liters before going out to a bar deserves a golf clap at least.

At least 15 to the pin. tiger woods 2004 faggots.

Milestonez you pussiez.

Like making "dumbly" a word.

Originally posted by YEAHMANWORD

I think ADD is just a cop-out for mothers whose children didn't turn out to be as bright as they had hoped for.

Yeah i disagree with that shit. I have ADD and it is completely fucked up. Having 100 mini flashbacks a day when im trying to do something that takes even a little bit of concentration is annoying as a bitch. I dont take meds for it anymore though because I didnt like what they were doing to me. These days I just try to roll with it. But that ADD shit is for real for real.

every person i know who is ADD, ADHD, and all the others, stopped taking thier meds and started smoking pot

from an outsiders point of view they seem to be doing better, makes me wonder if those big med comp. don't have something to do with marijuana still being illegal....

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i probably would take anti-depressent drugs, but every warning says "sexual side-effects."

fuck that.

yeah the reason i stopped taking zoloft....fuck for hours on end and never even feel like your ever gonna get off....shit really sucks :D

• 2 weeks later...

Drug Maker Alters Study After Suicide

By DEANNA WRENN

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Eli Lilly and Co. said Friday that it will lengthen the withdrawal period used to wean participants in a drug study off an experimental medication after the suicide of a 19-year-old woman who was taking part in the tests.

Lilly required mental-health evaluations of test subjects after the Feb. 7 suicide of Indiana college student Traci Johnson. Some participants complained of sleeplessness, anxiety or nervousness during their withdrawal from duloxetine, a drug Lilly is testing for two uses: depression and stress urinary incontinence. But the company has said none reported symptoms that suggested a suicide risk.

Indianapolis-based Lilly has now doubled the tapering period for the drug from four days to eight days.

``We did find people who were uncomfortable,'' said John Hayes, a clinical psychiatrist who leads Lilly's development team for duloxetine. ``We were also addressing peace of mind and taking the most conservative approach.''

Hayes said there is no evidence that longer tapering periods make people more comfortable, but the change seemed ``reasonable and prudent.''

``We didn't have anyone who said, 'Thank God you're going to take a longer time to taper it,''' he said. ``Many of the subjects felt fine in the study.''

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is reviewing Johnson's death. A coroner's report released this week did not cite the drug as a factor in her suicide.

Lilly has said it does not believe the drug led to the suicide, but critics say people going off antidepressants often have a higher risk of suicide.

As part of the study, Johnson took duloxetine for 20 days, then a placebo for four days before she hung herself at the Lilly Laboratory for Clinical Research in Indianapolis. Johnson had attended Indiana Bible College last semester but stopped taking classes to participate in the study.

Dr. Joe Glenmullen, a clinical instructor of psychiatry at Harvard University, criticized the Lilly study for using high doses of antidepressants over a short period then taking the drug away quickly.

``It's like a double whammy,'' Glenmullen said. ``You're creating big seesaws in brain chemistry.''

Hayes said it's difficult to tell whether suicidal people who stop taking antidepressants are experiencing withdrawal or just the return of their depression.

``I don't think there are a large number of experts who believe that discontinuation from antidepressants precipitate suicidal thinking or behavior,'' Hayes said.

link

Archived