VALENTINE'S DAY ROSES!!!

Fugazi

Here's a little advice for all of you gents looking to buy your lady some roses for Valentine's Day. If you go to a local florist, especially one linked with FTD, you're going to be looking at around $120 for a dozen roses. Go to your local Safeway. They should have a florist. $24.99 for a dozen red roses with filler foilage and what not. Ghetto, but definately gangster.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by !@#$%

unless they are being delivered

skip the roses.

spend a few bucks on a single exotic flower or rose bud of an unusual color.

then spend the rest on something that doesn't die after 4 days.

yea fuck getting roses on valentines day. i got roses from him last week for no reason.

i'd rather get a lil personalized chocolate cake from him. now thats sweet and thoughtful.

skip the roses.

Yeah, that's always a good way. But some girls are traditional and like red roses... they're more showy and give them something to talk to their friends about. I finally solved my dilemma and decided to buy a dozen roses for two different girls.... fuck if I was going to spend $250 on roses. $53.60 after tax is what it came to.... hah.:king:

oh and guys some things to consider:

when getting flowers (lillies are a good example)

get a bouquet of an assortment of half bloom and half unbloomed flowers so she has a nice surprise in the days to come...

my guy got me this bouquet of lillies when we found out i was pregnant..... like 3 were bloomed.. and 7 werent.. and each of the seven bloomed once a day. it was so beautiful!!

hmm... the exotic flower ideas is nice. picking flowers is nice also.. just make sure you tie em up with some nice string.. like those dried grass string or something.. i dont know what they're called.

Originally posted by DEE38

oh and guys some things to consider:

when getting flowers (lillies are a good example)

get a bouquet of an assortment of half bloom and half unbloomed flowers so she has a nice surprise in the days to come...

my guy got me this bouquet of lillies when we found out i was pregnant..... like 3 were bloomed.. and 7 werent.. and each of the seven bloomed once a day. it was so beautiful!!

hmm... the exotic flower ideas is nice. picking flowers is nice also.. just make sure you tie em up with some nice string.. like those dried grass string or something.. i dont know what they're called.

I think you're talking about raffa or something like that? It's cold as ass here.... so no wildflowers quite yet.

i posted this in your other thread, fugazi, but it seems like it can go here too:

give the girl some flowers, but do something weird with it, like dye the petals black or purple (pilot works well for this) or spraypaint them silver. any asshole can buy flowers. but you need to be the asshole who actually took it a step further.

it may sound retarded, but that shit has worked for me every time.

note: do the dyeing/painting DAYS before, otherwise they'll reek of chemicals.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i posted this in your other thread, fugazi, but it seems like it can go here too:

give the girl some flowers, but do something weird with it, like dye the petals black or purple (pilot works well for this) or spraypaint them silver. any asshole can buy flowers. but you need to be the asshole who actually took it a step further.

it may sound retarded, but that shit has worked for me every time.

note: do the dyeing/painting DAYS before, otherwise they'll reek of chemicals.

I think that I'm going to do this, but not for valentine's day. It sounds like a cool idea. How about putting the roses in purple food coloring for a few days before giving them to her? Do roses change colors if they are fed a different colored water? Most flowers do.... A dark purple would be cool....

Originally posted by Fugazi

$53.60 after tax is what it came to.... hah.:king:

YOU FUCKING IDIOT...53 BUCKS ON FUCKING FLOWERS FOR A FUCKING BROAD....SHIT NIGGA I WOULDA JUST PICKED SOME RANDOM ASS FLOWERS FROM GOLDEN GATE PARK NIGGA THEN COPPED AN 8TH FOR 45 AND A PACK A SWISHERS AND A 40....NIGGA YOU DONE BROKE YOUR POCKETS FOR FUCKING FLOWERS NIGGA

nigga....

skip the roses.

that's what i did, the girl loved it, too bad it doesnt matter anymore :twitch:

Originally posted by Fugazi

I think that I'm going to do this, but not for valentine's day. It sounds like a cool idea. How about putting the roses in purple food coloring for a few days before giving them to her? Do roses change colors if they are fed a different colored water? Most flowers do.... A dark purple would be cool....

around here the florists sell them for extra if they're already dyed, but i asked one of the dudes and he said he dips them in something, but wouldn't tell me what. i just use ink, because i don't have a ton of food dye in my house already. i'm pretty sure the colored water thing would work, but i always scramble a day or two before hand, and ink works a lot faster.

Archived