Shisha (sp)

Weapon X

wow, search function actually worked for once.

i ordered a hookah of my own as soon as i realized in 2 weeks the moiney i spent at the hokah bar could have bought me a new hookah.

anyways, anyone know some good mixes? my favorite for now is strawberry with a bit of mint. will post pics of my tiny hookah (ordered a 10 incher) when it arrives (should be tomorrow)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I’ve heard of that kaat stuff. My granddad used to chew on this stuff called ‘jorda’ in India. In Taiwan, my friend was telling me that they chew a thing called Bin Lang. All of these give you a buzz.

As for shisha, you guys have any sorts of favourite flavours? I can’t recall what my favourite so far is, but I did like the apple.

I live in a neighborhood w/ this shit everywhere. I'm not a tobacco smoker so it seems kind of boring to me to sit around in these places smoking that shit. If it was weed or hash, cool. Grape seems to be the predominant scent I smell around these places.

As for Taiwan and Bin Lang, it's a nut, called a Betel Nut. Mainly cabbies and truck drivers, etc., chew them for the buzz to stay awake. They stain your mouth red and cause cancer. It looks like red bird shit when you see where people spit while chewing. The only good thing, it's sold by scantily clad hot Asian girls:

page29_blog_entry7_1.jpg

403573989_edb45ec94c.jpg

anyways, anyone know some good mixes? my favorite for now is strawberry with a bit of mint.

mango/apricot

passion fruit/lime/peach

coconut/apple

horchata/strawberry

lemon/pomagranite

coconut mixes well with everything but tends to be a bit harsh alone

and that betel nut made me think of dune

dune-dourif.jpg

Taiwan cab driving mentats

lol^

has anyone tried putting different things in the vase? i heard if you put some milk in with water it makes the smoke thicker and if you put various juices and stuff in there it will change the taste.

it mainly has alot to do with what type of coals used and the size of holes on the screen under it.

i generally keep a minimum of 30 punctures in an ovoid shape with a safety pin when i have ice in the water.

and if there isnt ice i make about 20 larger punctures

124hlac.jpg

older picture of the one i use with guests

when i get a new camera i'll post the one i use daily

At my local hookah bar their most popular flavor, and one of my favs, is Blue Haze

Shits dope.. Like blueberrys, with marshmellow and raspberries.

Dont know if its a homemade combo or what so dont consider those the "ingredients" but i'll ask the next time i'm in there. Just sayin if you come across that flavor to buy/try, you wont be disappointed

it mainly has alot to do with what type of coals used and the size of holes on the screen under it.

i generally keep a minimum of 30 punctures in an ovoid shape with a safety pin when i have ice in the water.

and if there isnt ice i make about 20 larger punctures

so your talking about the foil on top? i thought you just poked a bunch of holes in it, less for longer burn time, more for slower/harder hitting burn time?

is there a website with a big excel spreadsheet with all the "formulas" for recommended vase filler, foil holes and coal use per flavor?

170px-Hookah-lookthrough.svg.png

220px-Hoookah.jpg

some have the wind cover but most people i know that use hookahs as they are supposed to be used stick with foil. since you can press the coal down.

the way most sheesha burns is from the middle out while boiling in an average packed bowl.

so if you are cheap like me and use foil, you want to keep the holes even so you can move the coal around while keeping in mind that the ash from the coal will fall in and mix with the burning sheesha and has an effect on how coarse the smoke is before it is filtered by the water jar... so thats why you'd want to keep the holes small

http://www.hookahcompany.com/hookah_setup.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-the-Best-Hookah-for-a-Pleasurable-Smoke

http://www.southsmoke.com/hookah101.cfm

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+hookah&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=7BSCS-OiNY_jnAeJkuHUBw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CCIQqwQwBA#

a friend of mine has a few hookahs. the last one we smoked with bubblegum flavoured shit. i don't think it was tobacco though, he said something about it being crushed sugar along with something else. but that wasn't as great as the other flavours people have mentioned.

actually it was pretty fuckin' rank now i think aboot it.

he's got a couple of really nice ones that i'll need to get flicks of to show everyone.

• 1 month later...

dont smoke that "hydro herbal molasses" stuff, its harsh as hell on the exhale ad it overpowers whatever you mix it with. plus sinc its 100percent herbal it doesnt give you a buzz, you have to mix it.

tried apricot starbuzz for the first time today, the hookah place didnt have change for my 20 so i just told them to give me 10 in shisha and they gave me some starbuzz. its way expensive for a tin but is waaaaaaaaayyyy worth it. and apricot is by far the best flavor in my opinion.

Best place online to get hookahs is http://www.saharasmoke.com I bought a small hookah for around $20 and it came with a custom bag, free hole punch, free flavor of shisha, free calendar, plastic mouth pieces, all that jazz.

They're super fast with the shipping, you don't have to wait. Their hookah-hookah shisha is the bomb. Grape is my favorite so far.

There's a strip of hooka bars a few blocks over I'll check out every once in a while.

I like the apple and other flavors but usually go for the straight tobacco and always smoke herbals before going in.

What kind of sucks is NYC has an indoor smoking ban, most of the places have a patio outside.

In the winter they'll sometimes say fuck it, and let people puff indoors and pay the fine if they get caught.

NC has that ban too but as long as the place doesnt sell food or beverages you can smoke. one of the hookah bars is also a resturant and when the ban came into place they found some exception saying if its a live broadcast its allowed so they put up a webcam and had a 24 hour live feed online. they also got shut down..

hookah-hookah is good on taste and cheap as all hell but the buzz is lacking. al fahker has great flavor and great buzz for only a few dollars more.

and i like southsmoke.com, i got my hookah from there. wish i would have known about that other website.. i hate people niggerlipping my hookah

if you mix different flavors of hookah-hookah it gives a bit more of a buzz for some reason. however, do NOT try their pumpkin spice flavor. im glad i only bought one of the "shots" because that shit almost made me puke. it was way too "warm" of a flavor if that makes any sense.

I got the 10 pack of shots. I was curious about the graham cracker, vanilla, rootbeer, cola, and watermelon flavors...among others.

I picked up a 50g jar of snickerdoodle hookah freak shisha. Haven't tried that yet.

I need to find some friends to smoke with me cuz this shit takes forever to smoke with just two people.

i havent smoked bud out of my own hookah yet, i smoke cigars and occasionally a black and mild so i like tobacco buzz but i dont have the super high tolerance cigarette smokers have. so i still enjoy just regular tobacco hookahs.

i figured watermelon would be, is white grape strong?