Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Weapon X

The Pub Appreciation Thread

I still like to party from time to time, but nothing ever comes through for me like the pub. A dark, quiet place where I know everyone, and everyone knows me. Where I can get pints spotted to me by the bartenders, and I can have a drink with a 50 year old fat gay man from Newfoundland while watching the Raptors.

I heard from some dude that went to Manchester recently that them Brits’ idea of any night is the pub. I can relate, no doubt.

I hear that in the UK, there is a pub every three doors on the street. That’s wicked.

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah i wish i had a drinking spot where everyone knew me and i knew everyone.. Like 2 or 3 weekdays head in there and have a few beers and a burger or soem shit.

PUBS ARE SICK. THEY MAKE GOOD HONEST MEALS NORMALLY. NICE AND SIMPLE LIKE SAUSAGES AND MASHED POTATO'S OR BURGERS. THEY SERVE YOU BEER AND THE ATMOSPHERE IS FRIENDLY. WORD.

Yep, definitely the food. And no doubt it’s a nice place to head on the weekday by yourself and just chill out.

Yes, the Flames chick was converted to the ways of the oilers before the game was done.

Back story: those pics were from when a 2 bus loads of flamers invaded for a game against edmonton. Calgary girls are good.

Originally posted by effyoo

A pub can't be beat when it comes to just taking it easy.

A few photos taken at the pub:

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v12/effyoo/18d57584.jpg'>

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v12/effyoo/c17d3e29.jpg'>

http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v12/effyoo/CuteFlamesGirl_copy.jpg'>

grown men wearing those homie sport jersies, a uniquely american phenomenon

go flames. i dont even wanna see all the buck toothed oiler girls!

;)

there are no good pubs here, or anywhere else in this city that ive found yet. thats one thing i miss about home, the mass amount of good pubs.

:appreciative:

i have yet to find a pub which plays passable music though... i want to find a dingy chilled pub with pool tables that has a dj who puts taskforce, braintax, as well as a bit of the roots, maybe some blackalicious etc. with regular appearances by brothers stoney (brisbane hip hop's favourite sons even though one is adopted from melbourne), 2dogs, pegasus, brad strut or whoever else is willing. that pub would kick ass...

most pubs play linkin park or some shit on rotation.

As a Brit I can say, yes pubs are greta. But 'Pub Grub' (pub food) is not. Pubs are only for drinking, maybe some peanuts, but no meals. Ever.

I like it. Here, I’ve seen ‘pub fare’ available in the frozen section of supermarkets. There was that one time I ordered “bloody” and it came to me still saying it’s last “moo” pretty much.

Guest sneak

im against jackson here, its all about the burger / chips lunch with a pint or 5.

i love my local pub. just down the road i know all the staff and they all know me. i can go in at any time of day sit down with the old boys that r there all day and have a drink. foods not bad either aahhhhhhhhhh its like my second home.:dazed: