jobs/volunterring overseas?

Bloc131

since many of you seem well travelled/educated i figured i'd ask here...

i have always wanted to go overseas (eastern europe, russia, etc.) for a while and see how a country really is - not just as a tourist pasisng through a few days and whatnot. that's cool too but i wanted to stay a bit longer and get a better feel of it. i've never been overseas before.

i've looked into volunteer programs and oftentimes they cost 3,000 for a couple of weeks.

questions:

a.) any volunterr programs for a lot cheaper?

b.) are there any jobs an american could possibly get being in another country? under the table or not?

thanks for your help. i know i'd like to travel a lot but don't have a ton of money. i'd like to stretch it as far as possible.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Bloc131

a.) any volunterr programs for a lot cheaper?

b.) are there any jobs an american could possibly get being in another country? under the table or not?

A.) sure....if scrubbing toilets in south america is your thing ( a lot cheaper? ?)

B.) Al-Queda is hiring right now. Just ask john Walker

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What exactly does a volunteer program entail?

working very very hard in often dangerous and un-sanitary conditions......for free.

I'm all for helping my fellow man and all but if it means I run the risk of catching typhus or being kidnapped/decapitated by muslim rebels in some 3rd world jungle then i better at least get some hazard pay.

Most of the time you build toilets and plant inedible roots for starving natives.

Originally posted by Bloc131

shut up. quit posting here, dork.

Hey, I don't see you out on the curb with your thumb out yet.

No, wait, forget that. just take that greasy thumb of yours and stick it right up your ass!

haw haw

Archived