Can someone help me with my iTunes?

$360

i recently started puting cds in my iTunes library. it worked fine the first few times but now it wont. i can import a cd each time i restart my computer, but thats it.

example: i put in guns and roses and imported the cd, no problem. take that cd out, and put in mars volta. musicmatch comes up first(as it always does) and starts playing the cd, so i know that the drive is reading the cd. however, when i go into the iTunes application the audio cd does not come up on the menu. ive tried everything under file and edit etc etc.

can anyone explain why it only recognizes one cd and after that i have to restart in order for it to work?

i suck at computers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by yoink

Ive never heard of anyone havin this problem...try goin into musicmatch settings and turning off the function that makes it automatically play first.....then keep Itunes open when you switch cds, give it a few and it should pop up in the menu....

good plan. ill be right back....

why the fuck are you using itunes if you don't have a mac? it just came out for pc, so do yourself a favor and junk it until an updated version comes out. can you not burn cds using musicmatch or something?

seriously, the online help stuff that itunes has is really pretty decent. it has saved my ass several times.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

why the fuck are you using itunes if you don't have a mac?

They've already had a handfull of updates on the pc version, and i haven't had a single problem with it in the couple months i've had it.

Best bet on your problem would probably be what yoink said, and making sure your itunes is your default music player, because if it is, then musicmatch shouldn't be opening when you put in cds.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

why the fuck are you using itunes if you don't have a mac?

hahahah dont worry my friend, i didnt pay for it, it came on the computer. ive only had it for a few weeks.

i tried that yoink and it still dosnt recognize any cds after the first one.

i just dont understand.

First you want to go into "my computer" and right click on your CD drive. Select "Properties" from the drop-down menu you get and go to the "Autoplay" tab. Find "Music CD" in the drop-down menu and select "Import CD using Itunes."

I'd reccomend you uninstall musicmatch jukebox, but if you want to keep it you should know that you can also rip songs with Musicmatch, just find the little "import" button.

General hint: make sure to change the encoding in itunes to MP3 from apple's AAC.

Hope i helped.

i think its a problem that needs to be looked at by a professinal.not that all the input hasnt been awesome, i just think its a problem within the computer.

i say this because that didnt work nekro, and it seems like that should solve the problem.

thanks kids for all youre help