Getting up?

geezpot

I'm finding a lot of crappy toy vandal tags in my city(like every city) and peeps are raving about these guys 'getting up' and how fresh they are but in my eyes its just a lot of toys shooting tags everywhere.

If a toy spreads his tags everywhere(hard spots, good spots, etc.) should he get the same recognition as a writer that just goes out and pieces?

I realize that there is different layers of writing but I always thought graf was about piecing and was recognized as an artform. The better the pieces the more recognition the writer would get, why is this new generation just about getting up? What happened to skillz?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

theres 2 worlds to graffiti, bombing and piecing

in the bombing world, to me anyway, as long as your up, your up, you dont really need skills, its skills enough to pull it off, a nice hand or throwie is just icing on the cake

in the piecing world its all about style and technique, colors, and layout

the pieceing world is the art version of graffiti, the bombing world is the vandalism part

fuck everyone else... be worried about your own style, thats is whats gonna set you apart. there are people that notice. style wins over count everytime in my book. especially if you are surrounded by sloppies.

daze one million broke it down for you and i would have to concur with him.

i do both bamb and piece i prefer the peiceing but bombing has its purpose. in my eyes a throw up or handstyle is basicaly a "preview" of what my piece is... because i cant throw a piece on a electrical box or anywhere with "high visability" i bomb it so people will know my name so when they actually see one of my pieces on a train or bridge they can be like "SO THATS WHO THAT IS" i dunno it makes since to me.

I agree with some of the points... It's all about getting over however you can there's not really any point in graffiti if you dont want ot get up to some extent. bombing's not all about quantity alone you can bomb and get up greater if you have more style. Not all people who bomb don't care about the style aspect. The greatest writers are those who get up with style your name cam be every where but if your shit the level of respect will dip. The thing that guy said about throw ups is kinda true you can't really stand around doing pieces in the middle of a busy street.

Also some new writers have a drive that is out of this world...

Originally posted by geezpot

I always thought graf was about piecing and was recognized as an artform.

which is exactly why you will never understand.

stay at your legal wall and keep calling those who get up 'toys', you're only making yourself look stupid.

this has been discussed a million times, do a search.

Archived