i'm back from deployment/ Iraq

WhAt_dA_fUcK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Europe

Did you smuggle any Weapons of Mass Destruction back home or do you any leads to where they are hidden?

Maybe Europeans don't know, but George Bush lied about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction. There are none! And Iraq wasn't purchasing any uranium or other biological chemicals from Africa. He wanted that war to privatize the economy to benifit him and his top 1% of supporters for the future. Hope it doesn't disappoint you too much. But I think your country was in on it too.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Maybe you havent noticed, but europeans got out on the streets marching against that war in millions before it even started. Denmarks prime minister got a nice bucket of red paint in the head for being part of this nonsense. Even at london, with blair being US's N01 ally, 1.000.000 million people got out on the street.

jackass

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Hmmmm.....maybe it's me, but shouldn't you, I don't know, NOT BE TAKING PICTURES in this situation??

What's going on here anyway?

haha....yea i got yelled at for that one....that was the day of the riot...we had to fall out into this building...about 15 minutes later was when we were gettin gunfire....what happened that day was we were supposed to provide security/control but it was getting so rough in the streets that we had to fall back into a building....one of my buddy got a nice big rock in the face/kevlar....so once we were in the building we positioned our 50 cal. on the 3rd floor... we were getting everything from rocks to molitov cocktails and ultimately sniper fire....but we actually shot warning shots with the 50 cal. above the croud(we dont normally do that) but they would scatter and comeback...we shot again they would scatter and come back till then we shot and they wouldnt scatter...they knew we werent tryin to kill anyone...till the recieved sniper fire...then it was round after round into the building some of the croud recieved fire....but u tell me this...wut would you do in my position and think about it...and it wasnt a judgement call...i was ordered to...

most people say fuck the war...i do too....imagine watching your buddy getting blown the up by mortar fire and not being able to get to him because it will put you in a vulnerable position and once you get to him the corpsman is tryin to give him cpr and aid, doesnt know hes already dead...and you have to 'brush' it off.....its not about fighting for your country anymore its about killing the people who killed your brothers....

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

damn...welcome home.

what you just said is scary.

My cuzz is in the Marines.

He is waiting for deployment

in March. Im kinda sad to see

him go. He is younger than me,

and he is like my lil bro...serisouly.

He lived with me for a short time,

and I spent alot of my teens/20s

with him. I would hate to see him

die in this war. One of my buddies

just got back, so IM hopefull that my

cuzz wil make it back in one piece too.

Got any words of advice?

nice pictures btw.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

If you joined the Marines to get ass, then you are really stupid. There are a ton of kids on here that could do alot better joining the military than what they are doing now. I see kids come in everyday that join for dumbass reasons as that and get kicked out because they feel like they got ripped off and they don't care about anybody other then themself.

If you join the military for a better life or serve your country, then you have the right idea, but if you joined to see the world or get ass, you are a dumbfuck.

I was agreeing with you until you criticized "to see the world". Yeah, if someone joins the military to get ass they are a dumbfuck and a loser. They couldn't get ass as a civilian? But I personally joined not for a better life but to experience something different right after high school, get loot for college, serve my country, and TO SEE THE WORLD. And am completely satisfied with the latter. I've seen so many countries it's ridiculous. Honestly I don't recommend it for most people unless you know what you're getting yourself into. And I don't recommend making a carreer out of it, but that's just my personal opinion. I'm only doing a 4 year thing and I've already done 3 1/2 years and look forward to getting out.

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Got any words of advice?

yea in regards for on how to deal with it...i dont really know becuz i was not waiting for family to come home...i was the family...but my girlfriend told me this when i got home 'everyday i hoped that you came home and now that your home i hope you never go back' the thing is...wut marines go through in iraq and what they train for puts them more prepared to go in than they actually realized if he pays attention to his NCOs than he will be more than okay...if he is the NCO than he should think before he acts...because everytime he thinks,it could put the squad at risk...but he will be alright...i myself we only had contact a handful of times...it depends on his mos aswell if he is a grunt then he might see action....if he is a pogue than he will never see any action...

Originally posted by Tha Former

Maybe Europeans don't know, but George Bush lied about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction. There are none! And Iraq wasn't purchasing any uranium or other biological chemicals from Africa. He wanted that war to privatize the economy to benifit him and his top 1% of supporters for the future. Hope it doesn't disappoint you too much. But I think your country was in on it too.

I think Europeans are well aware. They seem to be more against the war than anybody, except for maybe Middle Easterners. And they see Tony Blair as the European version of Bush.

As far as your reasons as to why he went to war, you may be right but I think it's more simple and "personal" than that. He simply doesn't like Saddam because of the rivalry between him and his father. He wanted to get rid of him once and for all. I knew he had a personal vendetta against Saddam right after he became president because I'll never forget back in like January or February 2001 he ordered an unprovoked bombing raid on several installations in Iraq. At least when Clinton was president he'd have a somewhat justifiable reason to bomb Iraq, like if Saddam persecuted some form of direction, and he'd retalliate. But Bush immediately bombed right after he became president to let him know that Saddam will not be taken likely. Which should be considered a crime.

Just rambling.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

I was agreeing with you until you criticized "to see the world". Yeah, if someone joins the military to get ass they are a dumbfuck and a loser. They couldn't get ass as a civilian? But I personally joined not for a better life but to experience something different right after high school, get loot for college, serve my country, and TO SEE THE WORLD. And am completely satisfied with the latter. I've seen so many countries it's ridiculous. Honestly I don't recommend it for most people unless you know what you're getting yourself into. And I don't recommend making a carreer out of it, but that's just my personal opinion. I'm only doing a 4 year thing and I've already done 3 1/2 years and look forward to getting out.

Its not only how you see the world, its how the world sees you. The army is a lousy way for both.

Guest WebsterUno

I talked to my cousin over the weekend.

His date for deployment has been pushed

forward. He leaves this Thursday. He is a Corporal.

His squad is going to be holding down a checkpoint

on a 6 lane freeway. This freeway has like 1000

people passing daily. He says they use it to smuggle

drugs to and fro. They need to man the checkpoint

because people have been smuggling RPGs in their trunks.

I told him how you got in trouble for taking that

flick when you guys fell back into that building.

He laughed, but he said, "yeah, thats not a good idea."

He is cool with getting deployed, but he just wishes

he didnt have too. Im about to overnight him some

flix of some shit I did for him.

Oh, and wheen I asked for advice, I meant for him.

Thanks.

I wish he didnt have to go, but thats his duty.

Im just going to hope he makes it back safely.

Anything could happen...here, there...ya know.

do you know what units he with?....cuz we are actually going in june all over again....what can you do but im with 1/8 hell know what im talkin about....dont worry more than likely it wont be just his squad they will probably take watch at the squad level a certain number of hours...we did 2 hours on 2 hours off for whatever days we were in albania....just depends on the company....

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK

do you know what units he with?....cuz we are actually going in june all over again....what can you do but im with 1/8 hell know what im talkin about....dont worry more than likely it wont be just his squad they will probably take watch at the squad level a certain number of hours...we did 2 hours on 2 hours off for whatever days we were in albania....just depends on the company....

no, I dont know what unit he is with.

But, I can find out tonight. Im supposed to call him

later tonight. I know he is in 29 palms right now.

He is stationed there. I just hope he will be ok.

Im sure he will, he is a pretty tough guy.

How long have you been enlisted? If you dont mind.

Archived