Saying goodbye to people you love is hard.

iloveboxcars

So, to give a premise, me and my ex girlfriend have finally decided it would be best if we were to not see each other anymore. Actually it was mostly my decision. We fucked with each other a lot during our 3 year tenure and we both harbor a lot of resentment for each other. But that still doesn't change the fact that this woman has been the most important person in my life.

I ended our relationship because we could not handle being friends at all. We didn't give each other enough time to get rid of whatever feelings we had for each other. Unfortunately my last words to her were lies. I told her I will call her in awhile, probably acouple months, because she claims she can't live without me in her life. I have reservations about leaving her behind but in all actuality I know it's for the best. It's hard to think of the future and know she wont be there, for instance, I won't be able to call her and tell her when big things happen, I wont be able to confide in her about my current life problems. She could always make everything seem alright. For some reason January of next year keeps coming to mind. I keep picturing myself almost on top of the world and all smiles.. but then I realize Jessica won't be able to share that moment with me and it not only brings me down in my day dream, but it brings me down in real life too. I wish I was able to throw away everything that we have done to each other in the past and just be her friend. I hate that I can't throw that shit away and just hold on to the one thing that actually means anything to me. Life decisions such as this one.. I don't know. I don't want to date anyone else for a long long time because I don't want to make a similar decision ever again. I have to go to work, maybe I'll finish my thoughts on this later, but probably not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my ex and i broke up about ten months ago after an off-and-on five year relationship. ending that shit was probably the hardest thing i've ever done. when someone becomes that much of a part of you, letting them go seems like killing off part of yourself. nothing any of us can say will truly make you feel better, because none of us know exactly what you're going through, but a lot of us have been close. all i can tell you is i understand how you feel (at least a little), and i can recommend something to do. do not sit at home, under any circumstances. go out most nights. go to work. go to school. go paint. go for a drive. go to a show. go see a movie. go bowling. do anything you want to, as long as it's distracting. when you're out in public, you try to wear a face that says:"nothing's wrong." we all do. the more time you spend out in the world, the sooner you won't have to try to put on the face anymore. have fun. enjoy yourself. i know that sounds kind of hokey, but we all have a tendency to either repress or wallow in our misery. don't forget, but don't dwell on it either. dating people after a long relationship like that is always akward. lay off the ladies, and be sure to lay off the sauce/bong/whatever. hell, i spent more time painting in that one month then i think i did in the next six. vent your emotions somehow, write it down, paint a freight, write a song, post way too often in this thread. keep you life going, and eventually it will catch up to you.

I agree

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

give it time. i was in a similar situation a few years back and after not seeing the girl in question for a year, the two of us ran into each other and have been solid friends with no complications for about 5 or 6 years now. if she's that important don't let her out of your life

ull find out but ,dont let her go man....:) good luck

Damn that sucks man....condolences all around.

hell man i live in a college town that is

A)boring

B)overcast all the fucking time until april

C)no decent bars

my gf came up to visit me over the weekend and it was fun, fucking, food and booze until today when she had to get into her car and go back home for school in the morning.

Now here i am at the library, it's overcast outside and cursing the fact that the goddamn weekend went by so fast.

Hell yeah it sucks saying goodbye.

i hear what has been said, ive gone through similiar shit with both relationships and friends that i wished would turn into relationships, shit isn't easy and it makes things alot more complicated. hope you guys can put all the shit behind your selves and just be friends becuase thats a hell of a lot better than life without them:o

i always feel the need to reply to these love threads. anyway my exgirlfriend, i helped her move her ass out to new mexico in october said goodbye hardest shit i had to do so we broke up and we stayed in touch. she just came back to visit for a week and i didnt know what to expect and the first time i saw her very akward so we hit it off again and i had the best week of my life now comes the goodbye drove her to the airport and it was horrible i felt good i got to see her again and we got to straighten everything out but saying goodbye damn it was so hard. saying goodbye fucking blows but i have hope that i will see her again so its all good. just so everyone knows airports dont play around when i dropped her off i felt pretty confident that i could leave my car unattended for a few minutes so i ran inside said goodbye came outside my car is getting towed cost me 75.00 to get that shit back!

good byes are hard, i was in a relationship with a girl for a year, my first love, the girl i lost my virginity too, the whole shabang, she had to move to florida, we talked to each other every day on the phone but long distance relationships dont work out, the miles apart took what we built up in a year and tore it apart in 3 months, she came home after 3 months and we were over, i tried to remain in her life but she wasnt having it, i dont really know what happened between us, and i doubt i ever will, to this day i still wish we were friends, ill always have a place for her in my heart as a place for her in my head, dont let her slip away because you have some history...the history is what should be wanting you to stay in contact

i just got off the phone with my ex, i am in a deplorable state... no one is answering their god damn phones either..

sobbing, masochistic, naked, pathetic, and lonely. oh, internet.

i don't want any sluts. i need to find a queen and get married. i'm sick of all the bullshit. college girls get the bozack, fuckin hoes..

she wants me to take her back after she breaks up with me to fuck other dudes, i tell her it's more complicated than that, so she calls it quits and goes back to the other cats... impatient slut. she never made any gesture that she was sorry for the first shit, or that she wanted to make me happy, she just wanted me back because i made her happy. i was sick of the lopsidedness. she's still going to be selfish no matter what i do, and she wasn't even being very caring as a person, so fuck that ho. chances are she'd let you.

i feel ya.

i've already told him that if we ever (long shot for now) broke up, i couldnt handle him in my life after all that we've been through. it's not him....he's the best person that i've ever known...and i mean that sincerely. it's just the way that i am. it would be so hard on me if i kept him in my life, it would just be harder on me to get over him and move on. and it would probably be for the best. eventually we might run into each other, but i am hoping that i would be 5 years after we break up. i'm not the one to brood over a relationship. if its over, i'd want to get on with my life...there's so much to do and such little time. plus, i'd have to break it clean so that i can remember how to be with myself again and gain a little bit more knowledge about who i am without the person that has been such a big impact in my life.

just look at it as a learning experience and not mope about it.

Some of you took what I said wrong. I'm not moping around or anything. I'm not dwelling on this all day, I'm actually pretty happy and content right now.. a lot of things are going very well for me, it's just that it sucks that me and her can't have a friendship because I hold her above everyone else (including my mother.. it's just the way I was raised, lets not get into that though)

Tease, as friends we were really really good, but as soon as anything further than friendship came up shit turned into a huge fight.. we just aren't meant to be with each other... too much drama.

..and it's hard to hold a candle in the cold november rain.

Originally posted by Devilush

i feel ya.

i've already told him that if we ever (long shot for now) broke up, i couldnt handle him in my life after all that we've been through. it's not him....he's the best person that i've ever known...and i mean that sincerely.

Sniff sniff...thanks Devilush, i feel the exact same way about you too.....

haw!

ILoveBoxCars....do you have a rebound girl lined up for yourself? they usually help take the edge off like a Vicadin the morning after a night of hard drinking

Guest im not witty

getting ready to get into this same boat. im moving at the end of this month, im up to my neck in relationship drama and secrets, love triangles on top of love triangles. love octogons and shit. my girl knows im moving but i dont think she realizes thatll be the end of us. weve been together for years and years, its going to suck, but theres no other way out honestly. shit is so fucked up im literally moving out of town to try and resolve it. may seem like a bitch move, but when so many people are catchin feelings, some times the strongest thing you can do is run away.