Xhow to be xHARDCORExX.

ElectricitySucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Æ°

Threads like this make me wonder if there are kids on a message board somewhere making fun of the graffiti elitist scene. The full circle must be completed somehow.

Haha...there are for sure people on some hardcore board talking about how fake graff heads are

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

I must say that maybe just a few years back, say...99-2000, (when i first started going to shows) the "scene" was definitley NOT what its like today. Within the past 2 years...

i normally stay away from it when you guys talk about punk/hardcore etc. but i gotta coment on this, it definitely made me smile. You're talking about 'back in the day' when you've only been around for a minute?

i don't ever pull shit about blah blah blah new jack, cause there's always someone who's been around longer, and it's not like i've been around so long..but i'm tnot out complaing..

you run a label? in a band? do a zine? run a distro? book shows? cause if not, you're wasting space. but stick around for a few years before you jump right into judging, try creating something, stick your neck out first, let everyone judge you before you get on their case...

i love hardcore, bullshit and all, i take all of it with a grain of salt, so don't worry, you didn't get to me. but maybe talk about all the people that are putting themselves out there for a bunch of bullshit suburban kids to judge.

just can't hate enough.

Re: Re: Xhow to be xHARDCORExX.

Originally posted by theirongiant

i normally stay away from it when you guys talk about punk/hardcore etc. but i gotta coment on this, it definitely made me smile. You're talking about 'back in the day' when you've only been around for a minute?

i was very confused with what you said. i never made any reference about "back in the day" i think thats verrrrrrrrrry over-exagerated. i was simply stating that within the past few years, things have changed alot.

ive "been around?" for a minute? haha, i never knew the longer youve been in a "scene" the better you are. your right, someones always "been in it" longer then you. so?

maybe you're missing my point. someone can stick around for 20 years and not do anything to promote the scene, and i'll still think nothing of them, what i mean is that if after 2 years you're already thinking so little of hardcore to break it down into little complaints, maybe you should step back and realize that all you're doing is complaining. you can pay you're five bucks to get in, and if you feel that's enough and warrants you the right to be annoyed at everything, be my guest, i don't pretend to have any more rights or answers than anyone else. I just feel time is better spent creating and building than whining. most of the bands and styles or whatever were mentioned by you, i don't go anywhere near, i care very little for most of those bands, but hopefully some of them spark interest in some stupid 15 year old to go start a band, and to me that's enough. I'm not defending any of those things, nor am i criticizing the fact that you mock them, but i am saying that if all you've come out with after a few years is a list of jokes and style trends, maybe you should start writing for a fashion magazine and leave hardcore alone.

Originally posted by CRAMPS

thank god for my bob dillan t shirt.

you dont deserve to wear this shirt if you do infact own it

you cant even spell the mans name correctly for christs sake!

quinn the eskimo would be so fucking pissed off

1. put black electrical tape X's on your hand

2. chill outside of CBGB's with said X's on your hand eating ribs, smoking a cigarette, and sippin on a 40 during any hardcore show

3. when the straight edge skinhead kids (if there's still any left) fuck with you, punch the biggest one in the adam's apple...that's hardcore..

Originally posted by theirongiant

maybe you're missing my point. someone can stick around for 20 years and not do anything to promote the scene, and i'll still think nothing of them, what i mean is that if after 2 years you're already thinking so little of hardcore to break it down into little complaints, maybe you should step back and realize that all you're doing is complaining. you can pay you're five bucks to get in, and if you feel that's enough and warrants you the right to be annoyed at everything, be my guest, i don't pretend to have any more rights or answers than anyone else. I just feel time is better spent creating and building than whining. most of the bands and styles or whatever were mentioned by you, i don't go anywhere near, i care very little for most of those bands, but hopefully some of them spark interest in some stupid 15 year old to go start a band, and to me that's enough. I'm not defending any of those things, nor am i criticizing the fact that you mock them, but i am saying that if all you've come out with after a few years is a list of jokes and style trends, maybe you should start writing for a fashion magazine and leave hardcore alone.

i think you' ve taken what i have said too literally. im not stressing about this everyday nor whining. it is simply a list of things that i think are silly. nothing more than that.

and i do enjoy reading website articles of people mocking hardcore fashion trends. but, everything i've said has been said already x100.

Hi, I'm in a band. We use "Horrow Chords."

You completely forgot to mention how many scene points nike dunks are worth.

I don't think Iron Giant could have stressed it enough: Give back to your community, there are too many takers that bitch and complain and you offer nothing. I completely agree with once you start giving back you can complain. But until then, keep it to yourself.

More Importantly, anyone happen to be around philadelphia lets say late 99 to probably like 2001? The whole UFO pants, sacounys, over sized hoodie, gauged ears, and huge tribal beads around their necks? I never thought anything of it but now the more people bitch about the tight clothes the more I prefer it over something like the UFO pants.

Think about it, tight jeans are rock and roll. Look at any "big rock star" since the 60s, it's always tight jeans and a t shirt. It just makes sense.

The Thugcore thing is a little ridiculous at times, I saw some kid with an ecko hat on, rocawear sweats, air force 1s and a huge ringworm hoodie.

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

I am proud of any underground act, hardcore, punk rock and hip hop making money off what they love doing. But one thing that bothers me is when you got the media striving off these subcultures. The reason why I say hardcore was never meant to be cool, was the fact that it was meant for groups of kids with similar intrests that did not have much in common with the mainstream. To have a place to go on the weekends with their new family and friends. I used to love go to shows and seeing kids I havent seen for a while all meeting up to catch a show at cb's. I welcome anybody coming into a scene, I was welcome with open arms at a young age. But please it should not be about who is cooler then another. I mean deep down inside none of were "cool"

Very true. When I first started to go to shows, I was welcomed, not literally, but felt welcomed, people would come up and be like "hey whats up" and so on and so forth. But progressively, I have noticed that has kind of dissapated. The one thing that made me love the "hardcore scene" was the respect people showed each other, picking someone up when they fall down, everyone looking out for each other. And I hate the kids who only care about if they have the Chung king record, or the test press, or who has the most crucial shirt. That's not what hardcore is about.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

Very true. When I first started to go to shows, I was welcomed, not literally, but felt welcomed, people would come up and be like "hey whats up" and so on and so forth. But progressively, I have noticed that has kind of dissapated. The one thing that made me love the "hardcore scene" was the respect people showed each other, picking someone up when they fall down, everyone looking out for each other. And I hate the kids who only care about if they have the Chung king record, or the test press, or who has the most crucial shirt. That's not what hardcore is about.

this is why we are friends. the understanding

of unity.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

solid point, i agree entirely. although, if i happened to come upon a chung king, i don't think i'd let it slide :P until i catch it randomly though, i don't stress much about stuff like that.

Archived