My Works!

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamt Death,

no. A majority of threads in Paperchase are about "Hey, look what I did today. Is this good? If not, can you give me tips on how I can get better?" It's fucking ridiculous. Fucking shit. Just practice. If you people can't seem to find what's wrong with your sketches, then shit, quit already.

=====

Why write, if you have been writing for at least half a year, you are starting off on the right foot. Your sketches are fairly easy to read. People might complain and say "they all look the same". Well, "people" are correct. It's not your fault or whatever. It's just that you're still a novice. A beginner. A toy. Please do not take offense to this. I'm toy as well. Don't take it as a diss. Take it as motivation. See it as that you are not at your full potential. You're still at level one (Wow, corny) and you've got a long way to go before you reach your full potential/final level. uhhh....

Anyways, about your sketches. Yes, they are pretty repeatitive. Yes, they aren't that great. And yes, it seems like you're not going anywhere. But it's just how shit is. People don't get dope overnight. Shits going to take a long time. Sketching the same thing over and over again (and makin minor changes in your sketches) will make you feel that you are gettin nowhere. And, you probably won't for a while you you keep doing the same thing over and over. So.... Try messing around with letters. Try something completely diferent yet simple. Whatever you do, try not to go wildstyle and try not to bite.

peace...

yo holmes

That last post of yours was good for one reason: Quantity. Quantity of sketches shows dedication to the game. Keep doing at least five sketches a day. If you do that, you will turn out like me. I got an old thread called 'recent sketches' in which i was just like you. After a year, I've gotten to where i am. Hope fully this thread can turn into one like my recent sketches thread. I'm just saying, you remind me of myself when i started putting sketches on here. Sketch all day, every single day. You will get to a much better point, trust me, i can see it. Keep sketching but don't forget to paint also. Paint some of those blocks. Like people told me, in a year you will be killer. It worked for me, it will work for you.

Yeah I didn't mean to sound egotistical

Just to clear it up, I don't know if you were talking about me Melk, Dr.SeussLives, or whoever, but in no way was I giving props. Seih you don't need props, you need advice. That's why i was mentioning that you remind me of myself in past stages. My advice is to sketch at least five sketches a day. You'll know why when you know why.

at this point your wasting your time with the coloring, work on those letters, they look solid, your on the right track, just try stuff thats different and dont stop until it looks right or better then the ones you did before..... filling in with colored pencil is just wasting time you could be spending on letters.

Guest Propaganda

Everyone needs a boost of a ego once in a while to keep them going. He gets props for his determination to get better.