My Works!

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Oct 2 2004, 01:38 PM

2. Place their sex organ in your taste organ and proceed to inhale.

3. Light up a fat blunt, but for fuck's sake use some mouthwash. Nobody in this brick bitch is trying to taste their own baby batter.

4. Do the macarena in a circle and talk like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit on quaaludes.

!

?? the fuck?

oh yeah...

so i finally read your whole thread..

i think the main thing is your E the curvy one is a bit out of place with your style..

other than that try thinner letters out, or look around at some of the blockbuster styles in paperchase to get an idea of were you wanna take yourself with it..

kepp it up though..

why write? king of wrinkled paper

• 2 weeks later...

there is some alright stuff in there but the most of the stuff im liking is the frame werk stuff where its just letters and 3d i think the ones with colour prove u either like colouring them in or u get bored which is what i used to do so i stopped colouring in mine so much now n just werk on the structure and 3d and try it off all sides not just the top or bottom it makes a difference and gets ur 3d better its all practice try it out u never know and keep it up mate u will get there

• 2 weeks later...

You have the basic understanding so that's good but you really have some way to go.

First thing, I think, is that you're trying too hard. If that makes sense. If all you're doing right now is working on your simple style and throws then in reality it should be pretty easy. Not real easy, but pretty easy. Your main problem seems to be shakiness and structure to your letters. Each letter could be a piece to a different puzzle... and what you want is for them to look as if they all belong to the same puzzle. Make sense? Hopefully.

You have to have flow. Even with simples. You posted an image with an outline that said Steph and asked for criticism on it. The most obvious thing to me was there was no flow to it. One simple thing could have changed that... continuity. Check the image posted below to see what I mean. You also have to keep your letters fairly similar. There are cases where this is not an issue but even there you're talking about continuity.

I've drawn your name a few times to show you what I mean and I'll post them up eventually. Scanner is being borrowed right now. Until then...

*Actually, for some reason I can't post images. I'll contact the webmaster and see what the deal is.*

thanks for the criticism

joker; thanks, id like to see those pics to see what you mean and get a idea, cause on some of them..i think it flows and some others i can see what your saying, like i tihnk the yellow/brown Steph flows perfectly, thats in my head but i dont know, maybe to other people it doesnt thats why i wanna see the flicks, to understand more what you mean...thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

i can say im not feelin it...BUT you can be good take the advice givin by these guys...i see what they mean by your peices not flowing are you working on peice's or just simples?

you have nice color schemes...just work on making them not jerky like...you know make your colors smooth...

remember these things dont count on your colors to cover mistakes(even though it does) and if your doing a peice and you get the first letter and dont like it just keep going you might find somthing you like in it. so yeah dude dont think about it to much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's really not much to say than what's already been said. Just keep on practicing until you know your shit looks decent. From the looks of things you're stepping up a bit and that's a good start. Keep playing with shit. While you're doin that continue with what you've been doing... And that's simples. Play around and eventually you'll come up with something new.

a helpful tip. If you can't come up with a new letter, just look at your sketch at a different angle. For example: If you look at your E's at a horizontal slant(whatever), it magically becomes an "M". And if you look at that "M" upside down, it'll become a "W". You get what I mean right? So yeah, here's a secret tip from one toy to another.

Hooray for us,

-me

ps - how's your can control?

• 2 weeks later...

i think i see improvement in letter structure, but i would need clearer pictures to be sure. looks as your getting a little ahead of yourself with the add ons like those lines in your letters and whatnot, but s'all good. cant say i like your name, though.. makes me cringe. keep on keepin on, b.

Archived