THE 2004 WORST EMCEE AWARDS

I R NET GANG

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't belong here.. but I don't wanna

revive any of the other threads or start a new

one... but I'm feeling her on this and I'm gonna

buy the CD tomorrow because of it.

Jean Grae: Airs It Out

By Jean Grae

[Editor’s note: This piece contains language of a frank, honest nature. For mature individuals only.]

I’m most probably going to get a phone call both from my label and publicist about writing this, but honestly, I’m just tired of mincing my words and being nice about shit. I haven’t really written a lot on allhiphop in a second, mostly because I’m too damn frustrated with everything to write as a hobby. I’m angry, I’m tired and close to spazing out about a lot of shit.

I hate this industry. I hate the music business because it has shit to do with music. I grew up in a family of independent struggling musicians and I’m sick of being a part of that cycle. I’m tired of fighting harder than everyone else to even just get a little bit. I don’t even know why I fucking put my heart into doing this when it’s obvious that so many people who don’t, get what they want out of it. The financial unstability of this is driving me crazy. Why do I have to keep turning out entire albums or releases full of music when some cat can spit on a mixtape once, or give someone a pound and then get on immediately? Why try to do something that’s apparently so fucking different and impossible, that I have to defend it to myself everyday?

I hate myself for dumping my all into this. If I was smarter I wouldn’t have pursued this career. I’m older than most people already established in this business and I’m not thinking of the money coming out of it for balling out purposes. I want to be a mom soon, I want to have some sort of steadiness in my life, but with this job that is close to a damn impossibility right now.

Fuck everyone at all these labels who even know me and won’t even give me a damn chance to step in the door.

‘Oh, I love your shit,’ but they can’t do shit for me. Fuck the boys club mentality that they have and the vision they lack.

Years of rejection make you really second think yourself. Maybe it’s not them, maybe it’s me. Maybe my shit isn’t good enough to compete with all the stuff out there. Then I hate everything, then I read “her delivery is trash”, or “her beats are wack” and that solidifies all of that in my head. As much as I can try to fight it and try to like my own material it becomes a chore to listen to it. It’s a cycle. I get like that, then snap out of it after a pep talk and think, no, I am talented. I have something. Don’t pay attention to all that shit, I’m stronger than that. I’m not a quitter, I’m a fighter.

My fighter outlook is getting really weak. Less and less I really put myself into this shit with a gung ho attitude and now I do it almost because I’m stuck here and I don’t like to start things and not finish them.

I can have press out the ass, it doesn’t seem to matter. No one really outside of the industry or underground heads know who the fuck I am. Doing shows that are difficult to get in the first place and then only having like 20 people there for crap money doesn’t lift your spirits. Promoters won’t even understand that we don’t have the kind of money it takes to get to these damn places unless they’re paying for them. If there are maybe 2 black women in the audience that night it’s a good night for me. I understand that fans are fans and I respect that. But it’s a piece of shit job when you can’t even see yourself reflected in the audience.

I can’t get on any big mixtapes, labels are scared to fuck with something without a great soundscan history and people that have the power to help treat me like the invisible rapper. What am I supposed to do ? I’m tired of writing because everything is coming out angry and I don’t want to be that person. I’m mad that I’m broke, I’m mad that I’m living in the same situation...and you know what XXL??? I’m fucking mad that I can’t make my wedding plans happen again this year. Yeah. You guys put me in your “Negro Please” section a few months ago with the quote “I’m broke and I couldn’t go through with the plans for my wedding I had on Valentine’s day.’

So, what the fuck? That was funny? You know, you forgot to mention the fact that the quote you took came from a Fader magazine article in which the next line I spoke was “my dad has cancer”. Perhaps you should have included that too, since you thought that the beginning was so hilarious. You don’t know shit about me or my life and with the amount of ignorant speakers around you chose to include something that you thought somehow was chuckle worthy. Fuck off.

I’m taking back the nice and putting on the angry face because I’m tired. I’m tired of being overlooked and underpaid.

I’m tired of trying to come up with new fucking ingenious plans of how to let people know that I exist and then scrapping them because we don’t have the money to do shit. It’s a luxury to me to watch people sit in a studio and take time with their shit. It’s a tragedy to see them wasting their time and not realizing how lucky they are to have the opportunity to do that. There’s tons of people I would love to work with, but money doesn’t allow that, so in the interims between albums and shows I gotta come up with all these crazy hustles to keep my name out there and introduce myself to a new audience. Most of them never come to pass because of a lack of money to make them happen. Shows that I don’t want to take I have to, no matter how small the money is because, well, food is something you need. I’m not trying to be whiny about work, trust I’m a workhorse, I’ve never shied away from that. However, I am opposed to working for nothing. For fucking nothing. I’m not retarded, otherwise that would sound like a great idea, but I’m too old for that shit. Everything is a chance, a promise of something that could possibly come to pass and usually doesn’t.

I’m sick and damn tired of explaining who I am to my label. Why we shouldn’t work the same formula that everyone else uses and hearing, ‘it’s about the numbers. It’s all about the numbers.”

Well, I can’t do anything about the numbers cause I’m out of ideas and I don’t want to play the waiting game anymore. I don’t have the time to sit back and think of things because I have to eat.

I’m out of ways to dance around things and pretend like I’m happy and coming up with some great new shit when I do interviews. I don’t have anything to talk about anymore. I’m stuck, I’m pissed, but I guess none of that even matters in the long run, since I’m not even playing in the same league as everyone else.

I don’t know what I’m gonna do now, or why I have to keep explaining to people why I make music and who I’m making it for. I used to rap and make beats because, damn I just did. Doing it for work isn’t a problem, but where’s the work? I don’t think I’m the most incredible person out there, but I want to get better. I understand that when it’s a job a lot of it ceases to be fun, but this is like a 10 year internship with no fucking promotion. I have to sit here and watch people get hired around me and move up to top management positions. I know the people at these labels, they know me, I’ve been here for years and no one ever fucking gives me a chance to even break in. I would respect it even a little if they just told me I wasn’t shit and kicked me out. But just treating me like I’m not even there is some bullshit. What the fuck? Maybe if I was a damn model I would’ve gotten further ahead. But I’m not. I look like me and only me and I’m not going to change anything or start feeling bad about myself because that’s the only way that females can play in this game. That can get to you too you know. I thought it was about the work that I did, but obviously it never was. My dreamer mentality pretty much ended a few years ago, but even reality doesn’t seem to get me anywhere.

I don’t want to keep venting for nothing either, so I’ll probably just keep all of this stuff inside from now on like I usually do.

I know I can’t state any fucking opinion without someone going “aww fuck that bitch shes on her period and she mad cause shes not that nice anyway and plus she ugly.” I read message boards, I know how it goes..that’s pretty much standard, but fuck you too. Thanks allhiphop for always letting me be me.

Fuck the rap game. It’s not about the music or the heart or how hard you play.

Fuck you for not letting me in, cowards.

Originally posted by DREDZ

...please

El dash producto is the illest.

the only reason he can afford losing so much money releasing his rhymes is because he has aes and rj under contract to make all that green back on their releases. but i dont hate on your el-jukie-presidente' because he does have serious production skills and that savy business know how.

A Tribute....

To The Saddest Ghostwriter On The Planet. He really wants you to call.

http://www.saucemoney.com/pics/bio_logo_middle_finger_u.gif'>

http://www.saucemoney.com/pics/common_cd_middle_fu.gif'>

<span style='color:green'>Sauce Money is already a music industry veteran. He has paid his dues in the hip-hop trenches for eight years both as an emcee and behind-the-scenes as a ghostwriter. With his debut album, Middle Finger U., Sauce steps out of the shadows displaying the lyrical lethality, emotional depth and fire that his fans always knew he had. Respect as an emcee is something Sauce garnered back in 1996 when he appeared on friend, mentor and fellow Brooklyn native Jay-Z's now classic debut Reasonable Doubt. But he caught the entire music industry's attention for good in 1998 when he penned the lyrics for Puff Daddy's Grammy Award winning mega hit tribute to Biggie Smalls "I'll Be Missing You." "I knew the song was going to be big, because BIG was so loved," Sauce explains in his familiar, husky voice. "But I had no idea it would win so many awards. I guess it was meant to be because I wrote the song in minutes." Sauce went on to write songs for artists such as BLACKStreet and Shaquille O'Neal among others. Although ghostwriting continues to be a lucrative gig for Sauce, it is when he is spitting his own lyrics that he is the most dynamic and dangerous.

A former athlete, Sauce attended Allen University in South Carolina on a basketball scholarship and was majoring in business when he caught the rapping fever and returned to New York. "My heart wasn't really into school towards the end, " he says, "I left and have been chasing my dream ever since." Sauce hooked up with Jay-Z, who at the time, was just starting out himself and studied Jay's technique while he honed his own skills. Sauce appeared on Jay-Z's first three albums, including 1998's Grammy-award-winning Jay-Z Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life. But just as Sauce was on the verge of becoming a star in his own right, an eclipse dimmed his rise. "It was an accumulation of different things" explains Sauce about the transition from his former label to Priority Records. "Between changes at my former label and the loss of my mother, I had to take care of a lot of personal and business matters."

Fiercely determined, Sauce never gave up on his dream and the result is the multi-layered Middle Finger U. on Priority Records, which will undoubtedly take its place alongside other monumental debuts like Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt, Nas' Illmatic and DMX's It's Dark and Hell is Hot. "I would describe this album as very emotional," says Sauce. He continues, "It will touch every emotion that a person has. From the heartache of losin' your moms to ballin' a little bit to just straight rhymin'. But at the same time, it's gutter, it's street. If I could sum up the record in one word, it would be epic."

Middle Finger U. is definitely packed with epic joints-from the heartfelt "Section 53, Row 78"-a track dedicated to Sauce's mother who passed away in 1994, to the sonically sweeping, play-it-loud-in-your-car-stereo "For My Hustlaz" to the gritty "Say Unkle". Puff Daddy provides production help and joins Sauce on the upbeat "Star Wars". Jay-Z stops by to hang out on "Face Off 2000" the laid back sequel to their '98 track, and is featured again on "Pre Game". DJ Premier contributes sizzling production on "Intruder Alert", while Sauce is on top of his game on "What's My Name"-delivering his lyrics in the arrogant, sarcastic style that has become his trademark. "When I do my music," he explains "I don't feel that there's anybody that can do music like me. I project that vibe, like, don't fuck around with me."

Showcasing his incredible versatility, wit, passion and drive on Middle Finger U., Sauce Money is set to finally shine in the spotlight and serve as fierce competition to all the other emcees in hip hop today. And after everything he has been through, he is not planning to just make a hit record-he's in it for the long haul. He reflects for a moment and says very seriously, "A lot of artists are in this to sprint to the bank, but I'm tryin' to make this sprint into a marathon." Spoken like a true competitor.

For more 'sauce', please call Roberta Magrini (212) 627-8000.

</span>

:lol:

Fucking dork.

that list except for Ludacris-he actually has talent.

here's some more.....

Defari

Sole

Dose One

Joe Budden

Memphis Bleek

Freeway

Fabulous

Nature

Hostyle(from Screwball)

feel free to add or delete.

if you wanna see the most frustratingly wack ass motherfuckers spitting the most cliche ass, worn out lyrics and no creativity havin ass videos, watch BET friday night at 3am. Good God! i wanna take a brick and smash my tv. every other line is "when i'm in da club" "we some ballas" and "poppin' cris" WOW! i've never heard such fucking brilliant wordsmithery(<made up word). i've never even heard of any of these asswipes. retards.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

why isn't lil jon on here?

Psh. Lil John is the hot shit. Yeeeaaaaaahhhh. Lets Go! Yoookay!

50 cent is the hot shit. 7.58% of yall are some dick in the booty haters. Any one that talks openly and frankly about killing some one on their album and then says they dont care if it is used as evidence against them in court is all good in my book.

G-G-G GEEEEEE UNIIIITTTT!!!

Originally posted by jazz technic

if you wanna see the most frustratingly wack ass motherfuckers spitting the most cliche ass, worn out lyrics and no creativity havin ass videos, watch BET friday night at 3am. Good God! i wanna take a brick and smash my tv. every other line is "when i'm in da club" "we some ballas" and "poppin' cris" WOW! i've never heard such fucking brilliant wordsmithery(<made up word). i've never even heard of any of these asswipes. retards.

LOL, I thought I was the only one who watched that shit. Man, I love watching those fucking low budget commerical rap music video's when I am smoking. "Girl, you dont need no sexy booty, just up and down. Do your dutty, girls ya'll gonna shack it like dolly" stuff is just to funny. Oh and the most funnist shit I have ever seen was the mighy casy, "White girl" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

So where's Aesop Rock?

i agree with this, aesop is garbage as fuck, along with atmosphere and slug, wack ass emo bitches.

one wack ass emcee of this year was fam lay, i mean, seriously, that dude needs to quit, lil flip isnt as wack, but hes gettin there, some of his shit is pretty straight...