Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
imported_dowmagik

creatine loading

Recommended Posts

what is it? i bought a different brand of creatine last night than i usually do. it says something about taking 5 pills 4 times daily for 6 days for creatine loading. somebody school me please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on this stuff years ago. seemed to really help me out alot.

'loading' is done when you first start using the stuff, to get a bunch of it built up in your system.

if you've been taking it, you shouldnt need to load again, even if its a new kind.

 

 

see, if we had a personal trainer on 'staff' here, he could answer this for you....in exchange, you could show me pics of your girls boobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you eat multiple packages of morning glory seeds each day it has the same effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got neither backne, nor stomach cramps...

i got ripped like a hold hogan halloween costume.

 

dow, just to take a bad joke way to far, give me an address and i'll send both you and your girl some home made cookies.

 

 

casek,

sorry i havent gotten with you man, things have been hectic. i'll hit you up tonight hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by seeking

see, if we had a personal trainer on 'staff' here, he could answer this for you....in exchange, you could show me pics of your girls boobs.

 

i am a certified personal trainer, so make me staff.:D but for real, i want to see his girls boobs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dowmagik

what is it? i bought a different brand of creatine last night than i usually do. it says something about taking 5 pills 4 times daily for 6 days for creatine loading. somebody school me please.

 

return it. the only kind of creatine worth buying, if any, is the powder form. stay away from pills, liquid, the chewables, whatever.

 

honestly, i would say take something else like V-12 or Swole V-2 . these are like creatine, but 10 times better. their is no loading phase, and the scoops are small, maybe a table spoon, that you take twice a day, no big ass scoop to mix. the results are also way better than creatine. they will also include Glutamine in the mix, which is essential to building muscle and usually has to be purchased and taken seperately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned that it is WATER MUSCLE. It doesn't enhance true growth in muscle mass, all it does is manipulates and retains water in the muscles to puff your muscles up. Once you stop taking it, you go back down. Nor has anyone mentioned the long-term possible cancer risks. Creatine is relatively new on the market, hence there is no way other than time itself to know of it's long term health risks. However, scientists have indicated through research that there are hints that it could raise the risk of cancer over the long term.

 

I was a fool too and took this stuff. Now I go for the more natural protein shakes or simply foods that are high in protein and low in fat like baked tuna and combine that with an exercise routine. Try that instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah exactly theo, its just filling muscles with water, nothing more. a friend did that with steroids and his chest caved in when he went off, like hs muscles turned into jello, it loked horrible, like he had oatmeal under his skin. creatine is stupid, but i made a bundle selling it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned that it is WATER MUSCLE. It doesn't enhance true growth in muscle mass, all it does is manipulates and retains water in the muscles to puff your muscles up. Once you stop taking it, you go back down.

 

when i took it i got alot stronger, i'm not sure if water in the muscle can do this. and when i stopped, i didn't go back down, i retained the weight. i lost muscle from lack of working out but i stayed up at the max weight i have ever been. and damn it took me a while to lose that fucking extra weight!

 

 

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

there is no way other than time itself to know of it's long term health risks. However, scientists have indicated through research that there are hints that it could raise the risk of cancer over the long term.

 

as with about everything else. until the next study at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by T.T Boy

yeah exactly theo, its just filling muscles with water, nothing more. a friend did that with steroids and his chest caved in when he went off, like hs muscles turned into jello, it loked horrible, like he had oatmeal under his skin. creatine is stupid, but i made a bundle selling it ;)

 

christ...to whoever said creatine will give you acne, please dont post anymore. second, about 1/4 of the size you put on with creatine is purely water weight and will go away when you stop taking it. the same is true for any kind of steroid, or pro hormone, etc. and sorry, but the creatine was probably not responsible for your friends chest caving in.

 

I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned that it is WATER MUSCLE. It doesn't enhance true growth in muscle mass, all it does is manipulates and retains water in the muscles to puff your muscles up. Once you stop taking it, you go back down. Nor has anyone mentioned the long-term possible cancer risks. Creatine is relatively new on the market, hence there is no way other than time itself to know of it's long term health risks. However, scientists have indicated through research that there are hints that it could raise the risk of cancer over the long term.

 

not to be a dick, but all i really wanted to reply to this was with a smilie of the face rolling its eyes. you dont go back down, and creatine is far from new. athletes have been taking this for 20+ years. as long as you cycle it correctly, you could take this and have it do less harm to your body than smoking one cigarette, or drinking something like 3 beers...in your life. most people surpass that on a weekend.

 

Do yourself a favor and take glutamine instead or creatine.

 

glutamine taken alone will not do much. definetly not worth the money it costs if you are taking by itself. protein and diet are the key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by type R

creatine is far from new. athletes have been taking this for 20+ years. as long as you cycle it correctly, you could take this and have it do less harm to your body than . . .

 

Cycling? that sounds like stereoid talk, which is no matter. What sort of cycle are you atalking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOWEVER BY LOADING THE MUSCLES WITH WATER, WHICH IS WHAT CREATINE DOES... IT WILL SPEED UP RECOVERY TIME AND ALLOW YOU TO PERFORM BETTER MORE REGULARLY. THE QUICK RECOVERY AND MUSCLE REBUILDING WILL ACTUALLY HELP IN BUILDING THE MUSCLES. CREATINE IS BEST TAKEN IN CYCLES SO AS NOT TO RAISE THE BLOOD CREATINE LEVEL TOO HIGH. AN ALTERNATIVE TO TAKING CREATINE IS TO EAT A LOT OF CHICKEN. WHILST THE CHICKEN IS NATURALLY HIGH IN PROTEIN IT ALSO HAS A NATURALLY HIGH CREATINE LEVEL.

 

PERSONALLY I JUST TAKE PROTEIN FOR MUSCLE BUILDING AND BECAUSE I PLAY A FEW SPORTS AND DO SOME CARDIO I DONT FIND A PROBLEM WITH NOT BEING WELL DEFINED. I EAT AROUND FIVE MEALS A DAY WHICH ARE ALL REASONABLY HIGH PROTEIN AND JUST AVOID EATING TOO MUCH JUNK.

 

OF COURSE ITS JUST WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by effyoo

Cycling? that sounds like stereoid talk, which is no matter. What sort of cycle are you atalking about?

 

you want to take it for about 8 weeks, then get off of it for at least 4 weeks before you start again. otherwise your body will become used to that level of creatine, and you will plateau. it will stop producing results and probably just make you have to take a poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×